I visited this place whilst attending a seminar.The hotel is about 20 km from Mombasa town at Shanzu.The road is all weather tarmarc.Checking in was first though there was no welcome drink.Found this rather odd for a pricey 4 star not to have a welcome drink.Room was clean and neat though the mosquito net was slightly torn.(room 78).The way the net was hanging over the bed was not neat as there bed posts should be high on all fours or alternatively provide a rectangular net instead of a circular net which then touches the legs defeating the whole logic of having a mosquito net. Luckily there were no mosquitoes.A/C functional with a TV in room.Not the flat screen.Otherwise food was excellent,delicious and had variety.Not much evening entertainment activity though.All in all ,I would stay again at the Serena Shanzu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the shimmering sands and waters of the Indian Ocean stretching before it, amidst verdant, bougainvillea-filled gardens, and shaded by gently swaying palm trees,Serena Beach Resort and Spa offers the ultimate tropical paradise. Treat your palate to a superb selection of of a la carte seafood dishes at the Jahazi Grill which is set on a beach and styled to resemble an Arab dhow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Jovago.com so you can book your Serena Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Beach Hotel Shanzu
- Serena Beach Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Serena Beach