My husband and I have just come back from a really idyllic week at the Serena Beach Hotel.
The design, layout and grounds are all lovely and the whole place feels very tranquil. No piped music anywhere - bliss! The staff were attentive but discreet, very friendly and helpful and remebered what we liked to eat and drink. Couldn't fault them at all. Not too many hawkers on the beach was also a plus.
The food was excellent - we would recommend that you don't go for the full board option as there is a massive quantity of food available at each meal and we found that we couldnt manage another full meal at lunch time as well - the food from the non included menu us reasonable and great.
My only small complaint is that, although the rooms were very comfortable and clean they are a bit dated and the bathrooms are functional and could really do with up dating. Hence only 4 stars and not 5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the shimmering sands and waters of the Indian Ocean stretching before it, amidst verdant, bougainvillea-filled gardens, and shaded by gently swaying palm trees,Serena Beach Resort and Spa offers the ultimate tropical paradise. Treat your palate to a superb selection of of a la carte seafood dishes at the Jahazi Grill which is set on a beach and styled to resemble an Arab dhow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Serena Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Beach Hotel Shanzu
- Serena Beach Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Serena Beach