I went to Serena beach for a week on our honeymoon in late september. The staff were wonderfully helpful and fantastically keen we had a good time, offering drinks without being pushy, suggesting in a hilarious way that surely our lunch could be a liquid lunch, little touches in our room when it was cleaned and bringing us a congratulations cake with the whole restaurant staff out dancing and singing. However the experience as a whole really felt set up to take money off you. We were on an all inclusive package which was pricey but paying £4 for a coke or beer, similar for an ice cream and our final lunch before our flight being charged despite arriving after dinner on our first paid day and the glass bottom boat trip was expensive even allowing for the marine park fee payable to the government. The grounds are lovely and we really enjoyed using the squash courts, table tennis etc and we were looking forward to using the free sailing on offer only to discover that all three dinghys were out of action awaiting parts from the uk. However venture off the grounds and the beach is not great. You wouldn't want to spend to long there anyway for the number of people trying to flog you stuff. This is all good humoured but a little annoying after a while. Food was good but not great; breakfast is amazing and all cooked fresh and the al a carte (paid for) menu was great but the all inclusive dinner looked rather like it had been sat on a hot plate and heated up, although tasty enough.
In general, thanks to the wonderful staff but the hotel management in general needs to have a bit of a think about how the hotel as a whole comes across.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the shimmering sands and waters of the Indian Ocean stretching before it, amidst verdant, bougainvillea-filled gardens, and shaded by gently swaying palm trees,Serena Beach Resort and Spa offers the ultimate tropical paradise. Treat your palate to a superb selection of of a la carte seafood dishes at the Jahazi Grill which is set on a beach and styled to resemble an Arab dhow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Jovago.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Serena Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Beach Hotel And Spa
- Serena Beach Hotel Shanzu
- Hotel Serena Beach