Having recently returned from a 10 night stay here, I have just a couple of things to mention.
Firstly, the hotel is in a stunning location and I'd like to say that I found the service faultless. The staff were incredibly helpful, polite, attentive and eager to right any wrong. The breakfasts on the terrace were heavenly, and house keeping incredibly efficient, as was room service.
The only negative aspect, and I'd like to mention this in the hope that potential future visitors will take note, is to ask people to be respectful of your neighbours rooms. Dragging the desk chair along the floor, instead of picking it up, creates an horrific noise for those in the room below.....same can be said for overly loud chatter outside room door at 1am in the morning. I would have given it 5 star all the way, but lobbed one off for the disturbance. I understand that those who pay less for a Classic room need to be put somewhere, but during my 10 night stay, I was never able to enjoy a late afternoon snooze or a lie-in due to the noise made by others and the same could be said for trying to get to sleep. Relaxing it wasn't!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an exclusive location on the Bay of Mazzarò, considered one of the most beautiful in all of Italy, the elegant Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea nestles on its own private beach with new luxurious cabanas, facing the dazzling aquamarine sea. Built by an aristocratic family in 1830, surrounded by lush, subtropical gardens, the hotel retains all the charm of a private residence, enriched by paintings and antiques. The décor of the 64 rooms and suites reflects the nautical character and marine location of the hotel, with ample use of local stone and Sicilian materials and fabrics, creating a light, relaxed and serene atmosphere. The Oliviero Restaurant, on a panoramic terrace overlooking the gorgeous sea, is known for its fish and seafood specialties and traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The Bar, located on the outdoor terrace, is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, a snack or a light lunch by the beach. A Beach Bar and a Pool Bar in the new pool area are also available for a refreshing drink after a swim. Guests can benefit of the complimentary shuttle to the centre of Taormina, as well as the daily mini-cruise by private boat to explore the beauties of the coast (available during summer). The wellness centre offers a range of exclusive treatments for the ultimate of relax, while the fitness centre is fully equipped with the latest technology. The Smile Club with an English-speaking supervisor is available to entertain the younger guests with lots of fun and exciting activities. Guests at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea can enjoy all the facilities of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, its sister property located in the centre of Taormina next to the Greek Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro