What a beautiful place! Newly renovated, our junior suite was an absolute delight. From our little balcony, we overlooked the bay/sea and it felt like watching a 50s movie - beautiful landscape and lots of water activities.
The general manager and the concierge we very helpful and ensured a wonderful stay. An added bonus was the complimentary shuttle bus to the sister hotel Grand Timeo, as it saved us 2 taxi rides every night. And the cocktails from the Grand Timeo terrace prior to dinner were an absolute must! The views are breathtakingly beautiful!
The house beach is very Italian and busy, but comfortable and the staff ensures a great service.
Don't miss the boat ride along the coast offered by the hotel.
The only improvement we would suggest is breakfast. The beautiful buffet is closed at 10.30pm sharp. And guests are left without doubt that it is time to finish breakfast. A great shame for a holiday hotel, where guests should be left to enjoy the morning a little longer. I never saw anyone eat lunch on the terrace before 1pm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an exclusive location on the Bay of Mazzarò, considered one of the most beautiful in all of Italy, the elegant Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea nestles on its own private beach with new luxurious cabanas, facing the dazzling aquamarine sea. Built by an aristocratic family in 1830, surrounded by lush, subtropical gardens, the hotel retains all the charm of a private residence, enriched by paintings and antiques. The décor of the 64 rooms and suites reflects the nautical character and marine location of the hotel, with ample use of local stone and Sicilian materials and fabrics, creating a light, relaxed and serene atmosphere. The Oliviero Restaurant, on a panoramic terrace overlooking the gorgeous sea, is known for its fish and seafood specialties and traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The Bar, located on the outdoor terrace, is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, a snack or a light lunch by the beach. A Beach Bar and a Pool Bar in the new pool area are also available for a refreshing drink after a swim. Guests can benefit of the complimentary shuttle to the centre of Taormina, as well as the daily mini-cruise by private boat to explore the beauties of the coast (available during summer). The wellness centre offers a range of exclusive treatments for the ultimate of relax, while the fitness centre is fully equipped with the latest technology. The Smile Club with an English-speaking supervisor is available to entertain the younger guests with lots of fun and exciting activities. Guests at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea can enjoy all the facilities of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, its sister property located in the centre of Taormina next to the Greek Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro