We have recently returned from a 6 six night stay for our honeymoon. We had a suite with the most amazing view and each morning was a treat to open the balcony door. The hotel is good, definately 5 star for location but service can be improved upon. We are regular 5 star travelers and if paying the high Euro prices the hotel charge we except service. The staff are all lovely but often 'forgot' part of our breakfast order which left us waiting for ages. The concierge in my opinion could certainly be more proactive.... Our luggage was lost and we got information quicker about its whereabouts from our office back home who phoned Rome than we got from the Sicilian concierge.
The food is pricy and pretty average compared to the hotels we stayed at during the rest of our stay in Italy. The half board options includes lunch but excludes the daily salad bar..... Just dont understand that! Surely they could include the salad bar!
Overall a very pleasant stay. A dinner at the sister hotel Timeo is a must as the views are gorgeous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an exclusive location on the Bay of Mazzarò, considered one of the most beautiful in all of Italy, the elegant Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea nestles on its own private beach with new luxurious cabanas, facing the dazzling aquamarine sea. Built by an aristocratic family in 1830, surrounded by lush, subtropical gardens, the hotel retains all the charm of a private residence, enriched by paintings and antiques. The décor of the 64 rooms and suites reflects the nautical character and marine location of the hotel, with ample use of local stone and Sicilian materials and fabrics, creating a light, relaxed and serene atmosphere. The Oliviero Restaurant, on a panoramic terrace overlooking the gorgeous sea, is known for its fish and seafood specialties and traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The Bar, located on the outdoor terrace, is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, a snack or a light lunch by the beach. A Beach Bar and a Pool Bar in the new pool area are also available for a refreshing drink after a swim. Guests can benefit of the complimentary shuttle to the centre of Taormina, as well as the daily mini-cruise by private boat to explore the beauties of the coast (available during summer). The wellness centre offers a range of exclusive treatments for the ultimate of relax, while the fitness centre is fully equipped with the latest technology. The Smile Club with an English-speaking supervisor is available to entertain the younger guests with lots of fun and exciting activities. Guests at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea can enjoy all the facilities of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, its sister property located in the centre of Taormina next to the Greek Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro