My wife and myself have just returned from a 5 night stay @ villa sant'andrea. This was actually for our honeymoon to which we were immensely looking forward to.
The hotel itself is no doubt a 5 star property on the bay of Mazzaro and in an idillic setting, many of the photos do not do it justice,
Being our honeymoon, to which the hotel knew as I confirmed it before and ordered flowers for our room, we did not receive even a complimentary drink during our stay. We were not expecting much but the complete lack of care to our very special holiday really stayed with us. Previous holidays in similar priced / style resorts have out performed them in so many ways for special occasions,
I guess this summarises our experience with villa sant'andrea, a good resort, possibly the best in the area but thoroughly overcharged for what is offered, with a complete lack of personal touch to the guest,
We found the staff good on the whole, but no where near the 5* services that we have experienced at other resorts like the one and only. On quite a few occasions we had to repeat our drinks order and remind them we were still waiting, as well as on the first day seeing our pizzas given to another table at lunch and having to wait almost an hour from order to receive them.
As others have mentioned the food is good but no where near the €100 per head for a starter,main and wine each, compared to many of the other excellent restaurants.
In fact on the last day we noticed that the main restaurant menu prices had gone up, the salads had gone up from an eye watering €27 to €30, pizza €11 to €14, peroni to €9, but at least they held the 1lt bottles of water at €7 each
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an exclusive location on the Bay of Mazzarò, considered one of the most beautiful in all of Italy, the elegant Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea nestles on its own private beach with new luxurious cabanas, facing the dazzling aquamarine sea. Built by an aristocratic family in 1830, surrounded by lush, subtropical gardens, the hotel retains all the charm of a private residence, enriched by paintings and antiques. The décor of the 64 rooms and suites reflects the nautical character and marine location of the hotel, with ample use of local stone and Sicilian materials and fabrics, creating a light, relaxed and serene atmosphere. The Oliviero Restaurant, on a panoramic terrace overlooking the gorgeous sea, is known for its fish and seafood specialties and traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The Bar, located on the outdoor terrace, is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, a snack or a light lunch by the beach. A Beach Bar and a Pool Bar in the new pool area are also available for a refreshing drink after a swim. Guests can benefit of the complimentary shuttle to the centre of Taormina, as well as the daily mini-cruise by private boat to explore the beauties of the coast (available during summer). The wellness centre offers a range of exclusive treatments for the ultimate of relax, while the fitness centre is fully equipped with the latest technology. The Smile Club with an English-speaking supervisor is available to entertain the younger guests with lots of fun and exciting activities. Guests at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea can enjoy all the facilities of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, its sister property located in the centre of Taormina next to the Greek Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro