My husband, 2 year old and I stayed at Villa Sant Andrea in August for 4 nights. It was our first trip to Sicily and first stop on our vacation. We entered grounds of hotel and I knew from that moment that we were in for a glorious stay! We were immediately greeted by
all staff with a warm genuine welcome. The moment we entered our room we were in love. We had a junior suite which was ideal for our family. It was so lovely! Very spacious and beautiful! We walked around the grounds of the hotel and fell in love even more. It was just beautiful! The view of the
hotel overlooking the water is breath taking. The beach is pebbly, so flip flops recommended.
Both restaurants are on the terrace overlooking the beach. Beautiful setting! The pool over looks the ocean as well and it just as lovely. Pool and beach attendants are very attentive and very kind. There are lots of families. Our son played with
some of the other families children. It made it nice for us and for our
son. The staff were very kind to our
son and very helpful. They families are very lovely too!
We lounged by the beach and pool every day and ate lunch on terrace every day. We had dinner one night at the restaurant. Breakfast is served on terrace. Very nice typical italian buffet or you can order from menu. There are 2 main restaurants. One serves a casual lighter menu for lunch and a more formal menu for lunch and dinner. There is a bar by beach that you can order drinks and ice pops.
The hotel was booked 100%, but did not feel over crowded. Always got a table and service was always extremely attentive.
We took the cable car up to Taormina almost every night for dinner. That was fun to walk around town. The cable car is across the street from hotel entrance.
We were sad to leave and would have loved to have stayed longer. I highly recommend this hotel for couples or families. Will definitely return! A lovely experience and beautiful memories of our Sicilian vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an exclusive location on the Bay of Mazzarò, considered one of the most beautiful in all of Italy, the elegant Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea nestles on its own private beach with new luxurious cabanas, facing the dazzling aquamarine sea. Built by an aristocratic family in 1830, surrounded by lush, subtropical gardens, the hotel retains all the charm of a private residence, enriched by paintings and antiques. The décor of the 64 rooms and suites reflects the nautical character and marine location of the hotel, with ample use of local stone and Sicilian materials and fabrics, creating a light, relaxed and serene atmosphere. The Oliviero Restaurant, on a panoramic terrace overlooking the gorgeous sea, is known for its fish and seafood specialties and traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The Bar, located on the outdoor terrace, is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, a snack or a light lunch by the beach. A Beach Bar and a Pool Bar in the new pool area are also available for a refreshing drink after a swim. Guests can benefit of the complimentary shuttle to the centre of Taormina, as well as the daily mini-cruise by private boat to explore the beauties of the coast (available during summer). The wellness centre offers a range of exclusive treatments for the ultimate of relax, while the fitness centre is fully equipped with the latest technology. The Smile Club with an English-speaking supervisor is available to entertain the younger guests with lots of fun and exciting activities. Guests at Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea can enjoy all the facilities of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, its sister property located in the centre of Taormina next to the Greek Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro