“Fabulous! The food, the view, the service...”
Review of Azur

Azur
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the promanade with beautiful seaviews Azur is a very popular downstsirs cafe and events venue. We love looking after our customers special occasions.Azur offers amazing seaview seasonal wedding packages and some dates are still available.The restaurant has an amazing balcony and we offer a wide choice of menu from home made beer battered fish and chips to sharring platters in Teddies diner.We would like you to feel as if you were aboard a luxury liner whenever you come to visit us, be it for a latte or a sumptuous New Years Eve banquet.The 1066 Jazz Club offer a warm welcome to visitors in the Sun Room every Thursday evening and book a different band every week. The Azur team pride themselves on offering great customer care so please talk to us about suggestions and improvements.Thank you for your support.
Reviewed November 16, 2016

It was a glorious sunny and surprisingly warm day for November so the outdoor area was quite full, in addition to a rather full inside seating, but that didn't stop the service from being terrific. While the lobster was a little overcooked, the carvery could not have been better. The bar staff were excellent. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed November 13, 2016

Carvery great, everything good fresh and hot. Had lovely meal with friends, Lara was great, she even took photos for us! Will be back again soon! thanks.

1  Thank sjackson90
Reviewed November 11, 2016

Never been before, but decided to go for a meal with my wife, sister and brother-in-law. Never again. They sat us up the far end of the restaurant where there was a constant cold draft from the stairs. They sat us there because of a 50th birthday party. That would have been fine, except that there is no separation of areas, so you sit at your table for an intimate meal, and instead you end up shouting at each other. The meals were not good, my steak was small, my sister had to send her meal back because it was cold. We ordered a bottle of wine, they just stuck it on the table and left us to pour, they did not even offer a tasting first. My starter, prawn cocktail was dry, their response was that I should have said something because they have plenty of sauce in the kitchen, my response, it shouldn't have been dry in the first place. We could wait to get out of the place, and will never go back. At first glance, this appears to be a classy restaurant, and certainly charges prices according to that theory, but sadly not.

Reviewed November 7, 2016

The Azur has always been a favourite of mine to sit and have a drink overlooking the sea and now that, in my opinion, the restaurant food has really improved it is also a good place to eat. the steaks are particularly good

Reviewed November 7, 2016

We eat out every few weeks with my Brother and his partner, we like to try different restaurants and this time decided on the Azur. What a mistake!
Where to start???
1. Firstly, there was a 50th Birthday party at the other end of the restaurant. We were not advised this at the time of the booking. Needless to say, you couldn't have a conversation during the meal as the music and noise was too loud.
2. We were put at the back of the room with an open door leading downstairs. It was freezing. We asked to be moved to the next table and were advised it was booked. Funny because it wasn't at all busy. Eventually, they came back and said we could move after all.
3. We ordered our food and drinks. The bottle of wine was plonked on the table with a couple of glasses. They didn't open it, pour it and wait to see if we liked it. We had to do this ourselves and the bottle wasn't exactly easy to open.
4. The hot starters were luke warm and the prawn cocktails were lacking in sauce and very dry.
5. My main meal of mussels was cold and I had to send it back. It came back warm, not hot but by then I couldn't be bothered to complain. The steaks ordered were very average and small and the Lamb shank with mash was swimming in gravy next to a salad on the same plate. Very little care taken.
6. We complained and were advised that we could have a dessert for free. However, none of us really wanted to try anything else, but I decided on the lemon tart, after all, how can you get that wrong.
7. WRONG! - the tart came with some kind of sauce smeared on the plate. It looked awful. The taste of the sauce was non descript, I asked our waiter to try it and he didn't know what it tasted of either. However, he did point out that we got it for free and that he actually paid for it out of his own pocket.

We were at the restaurant all of two hours and put it down to a very bad mistake and bad experience.

In a summary.....lack of customer care, very poor service, meals were slapped on plates, certainly not restaurant quality. Food not great and venue awful. You either have a night for a party or a restaurant, you cannot do both.

Will not be eating there again.

3  Thank JuBHastings