We stayed in Shanti Ananda in June for our honeymoon. We had a private villa with pool for 6 nights and we got all we could wish for. We booked the honeymoon package including a 6 day wellness Spa package. All together we had an amazing experience and the ultimate honeymoon. The rooms are amazing and have great views out on the (rough) ocean. The private pool was too cold to swim when we arrived, but after asking the staff heated it up, although this took at least two days to do so.
The Spa treatment was really unique and mind-changing. I can say that both of us were a bit sceptical at first about the Ayurveda concept, but we felt so much better after this week and so much enjoyed the tranquility of the Spa, the professional staff, the aromas, the ginger-lemon tea after the treatments, etc. The wellness package is also a good deal compared to booking treatments individually and you experience multiple sorts of treatments which were all so relaxing.
A few times when we came back from dinner they prepared a surprise aromatic bath in the room which was great. Food and beverages are indeed relatively expensive, certainly for Mauritius; however if you forget about lobster than you can manage to have dinner for about the same price as you would do in Europe. And for the same price they prepare dinner for you at your villa or on the beach which was super romantic.
Summarizing: Shanti Ananda is a unique experience, something you should keep for special occasions; when going to these places you know it will not be cheap in any way, whether it is the room, the food or the activities; if you go there on a tight budget just don't go, because you will not enjoy it. For us it was the best hotel ever, the perfect honeymoon destinations and certainly worth the money you pay for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shanti Maurice is a luxury lifestyle resort comprising 61 suites and 17 villas on the untouched south of Mauritius. The Nira Spa set in 75,000 sq feet of tropical gardens, provides traditional Indian Ayurveda and international spa treatments. Dining options include Stars, with contemporary Cape cuisine; Mauritian dishes and Wellness cuisine at Pebbles, or beach-side dining at The Fish and Rhum Shack. Shanti Maurice welcomes couples and families perfectly catering for weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Shanti Maurice A Nira Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shanti Maurice a Nira Hotel Chemin Grenier
- Shanti Ananda Maurice Mahebourg
- Shanti Maurice A Nira Resort Mauritius/Chemin Grenier