Sitting over breakfast this morning, a week after our return, we truly miss the friends we made at Shanti Maurice. If you will indulge me, I would like to share them with you:
Priya and Manoushka - the beautiful sisters (that play hostess at Pebbles restaurant) took care of our every "foodie need": freshly made purées for our baby; outstanding vegetarian recommendations for me; and exceptional personal service that made us feel like royalty - thank you!
Akilesh - the Fish and Rum Shack host that ran for an umbrella for my daughter as if her life depended on it. And he spoilt us to the most memorable dinner of my life so far, on the beach with candlelight, Taittinger and many laughs! We look forward to knowing him for years to come.
Cun Cun (aka Bam Bam) - thanks for the ride in the pouring rain. We were so pleased that you remembered us :)
Shamloll, Sunny and Rosa - the Red Ginger team: thank-you for the Stag beer shandies, small indulgences such as a little "mocktail" with a smiley face for my three-year-old; and many good laughs.
Reana, Preya, Kamini, Jaymala - the ladies from the kids club that made every day Mother's Day for me; the fishing photos still make me laugh giggle.
The Team at the Spa - thank-you for letting my husband seek refuge from two mewling babies.
Brinda, the wonderful company in the boutique - thank-you for the "therapy" chats, kindness and patience.
Anjanee, Sheila and Daisy - our room was always our haven because of you: extra towels on the floor to catch the sand, handpicked fresh flowers, a fun elephant sculpture that made my daughter laugh; and the wonderful gift lamp that she now has in her room.
Fabiene, Kumal, Foval and the beach team - my sunglasses were never cleaner, the ice water and coconut water were special touches as were the sundowner sorbets. What a special team that made a sandy beach holiday luxurious.
To the gardeners, without you Shanti Maurice would not be heavenly. My favourite pastime was to walk through the vegetable garden in the afternoon and teach my girls all about the different plants.
Mr William Labuachagne, it was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to years of friendship!
To the chefs in the kitchen, it was the first holiday that I felt properly catered for as a vegetarian. The Indian cuisine was outstanding! And I loved my personalized barbecue menu with Spicy Tofu skewers!
To Rumi, Rakesh and all the other Room Service staff - our stay wouldn't have been as relaxing if it weren't for your efficient and accommodating service. We regularly ate on the terrace of our room; which, because it was a beachfront suite, translated to romantic dinners on the beach for us while the babies slept an arm's length away.
We did, nevertheless, use the babysitting service twice and we can highly recommend Marie "Angel" Charles - as we dubbed her :)
We were initially apprehensive about taking two very young children to a traditionally romantic setting and being surrounded by honeymooners. But the staff at Shanti Maurice made us feel welcome and valued from the moment Handsome Vicky picked us up from the airport.
So, while I have probably forgotten some names and misspelt others, my point is that without these special people, Shanti Maurice would just be another pretty place in the world. With them, it becomes exceptional. We visited in a time of year that probably lent itself to personal service; and we would do it again and again again...if our budget allowed it :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shanti Maurice is a luxury lifestyle resort comprising 61 suites and 17 villas on the untouched south of Mauritius. The Nira Spa set in 75,000 sq feet of tropical gardens, provides traditional Indian Ayurveda and international spa treatments. Dining options include Stars, with contemporary Cape cuisine; Mauritian dishes and Wellness cuisine at Pebbles, or beach-side dining at The Fish and Rhum Shack. Shanti Maurice welcomes couples and families perfectly catering for weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Shanti Maurice A Nira Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shanti Maurice a Nira Hotel Chemin Grenier
- Shanti Ananda Maurice Mahebourg
- Shanti Maurice A Nira Resort Mauritius/Chemin Grenier