Hi Mr Richard (as we got to know you through your excellent team) here is your feedback from Nick, Sandie, Mike and Carol.
Where do we start with this eventful and fantastic holiday? Well let’s get to the crunch before we go through the detail. The 4 of us have had holidays and cruises all over the world and the welcome and service we had from this gem of a hotel was second to none. I would also like to extend this to Mauritius in general.
We arrived to a warm welcome with a nice cold drink and towels, a quick overview of the hotel and all-inclusive package, signed in and were taken to our rooms, a great start. Thanks to Sindy, Ketsia and the team on the front resection.
The rooms were large, clean and well laid out with a nice bathroom, good shower and great views. Big thanks to Artee for keeping the rooms clean and tidy and smelling nice all holiday.
Richard - would be nice to have a few more TV channels for the British.
The restaurant is an area where most people are critical, but I would like to thank the chef and his team for always being on hand to take you through the meals and discuss what was available and if you wanted something different they were there to help. We asked for chips one day and they arrived and chef what a great prawn curry you cooked for us. There was always a good choice to select from for all meals, nice BBQ. Chef thanks for the race card and tips (if anyone wants a good day out try a day at the races as everyone in Mauritius knows a Jockey). Thanks to Manisha, Manish, Nandanee, Aadil, Bhiresh and the backroom team.
Richard – The Brits do like their food warmer and the outside cooking station could be utilised more.
The beach is small but nice (can go for short walks), the pool and bar area is well maintained with sun beds always available and a clean pool. This was a nice quiet area to relax, read or sleep. The staff around this area were attentive and always ready for a chat if, and when you wanted and best of all kept your glass full, a great bunch of guys.
The eventful part of our holiday when Richard and Sindy went beyond the call of duty.
Mike and I went for a long walk out in the water through the seaweed not wearing our sea shoes (please do) and Mike stood on something in the water, this was very painful. Mike went to reception and they sent for a taxi to take him to Hospital, Neil Hurday arrived (Taxi driver from the front of the hotel) and took us to the hospital, parked is cab told us where go and stayed with us to fast track us through the system. Within 40 minutes after 6 injections and having his foot cleaned and bandaged Mike was in a private room and best of all the Hospital was completely free. Big thanks to Neil who went to see Mike the next morning in his own time.
Mike had to go back to the Hospital on two more occasions, Richard and Sindy took us in the hotel car, stayed with us and brought us back, thank you.
The best review I can give is to say a big Thank You to Richard and his team and hope to see you again one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the gentle shores of the Indian Ocean, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa overlooks a turquoise lagoon with stunning mountain scenery. Found along the North East coast of the tropical island of Mauritius, at Poste Lafayette, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa is the perfect choice for those looking for a peaceful and relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalsa Beach Hotel And Spa - Mauritius
- Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius Poste Lafayette