My wife and I stayed at Jalsa in 1st week of May'13 for 6 nights. The resort is located far from the hotel and has no shops, market close by to even wander for a bit. The rooms are ordinary and do not provide any feel of luxury. Food is average and as days went by my inclination towards veg grew as that was only saving grace (for folks who prefer indian cuisine).
The staff is friendly and helpful and this is the only best part of the stay. The hotel has no wi-fi or internet facility in room and this was annoying as only reception area and bar had wi-fi.
Travel to either part of Mauritius takes a good 60-90 mins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the gentle shores of the Indian Ocean, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa overlooks a turquoise lagoon with stunning mountain scenery. Found along the North East coast of the tropical island of Mauritius, at Poste Lafayette, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa is the perfect choice for those looking for a peaceful and relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalsa Beach Hotel And Spa - Mauritius
- Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius Poste Lafayette