“Very Good place for a budget trip”

Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Poste Lafayette
Bangalore, India
“Very Good place for a budget trip”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Jalsa Beach resort was part of the honeymoon package from Cox & Kings. The package was economic, provided you are visiting abroad and one among the most beautiful place "MAURICE"...resort is beautiful, beach facing, rooms were nice. Resort is too far from city...if you need to go out to the city...u need to arrange a taxi - which is costly. It was fair for us since site seeing was a part of the package :-). Beer is cheaper than water in Mauritius, and the resort doesn't refill the drinking water as and when u want...they fill the jar once in a day...thats it!...if you need more water..u better pay for it... and buy mineral water :-(...i stocked beer :-)...y drink water ;-). Restaurant bar was pool facing...which was good...but the bartender clearly knows who pays him more tips..its not the Indians :-)...so the bartender tries to serve you as fast as he can and make space for the non Indians...;-)...i don't think its racism just that tip matters :-). Food wasn't great.
Over all a good place to stay! we had a nice time!
must try - underwater sea walk
if its just beaches...visit Malaysia, Thailand stretch...its cheaper and much happening thr.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard L, Manager at Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear IncredibleS_1981,

On behalf of the Team I thank you for having chosen Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa as your holiday destination as well as for writing such a positive review. We are pleased to read that you had a memorable holiday experience and that Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa is recommended.

Some areas of your review perhaps needs more clarification for future travellers to the hotel.

Mauritius is a relatively small island. Moving around all parts of the island as opposed to many other international destinations is very easy. Most sights, shopping areas, restaurants and night life venues are within 15-60 min by car. A tropical destination based in and around a developed area takes away much of the peace and beauty which is expected on a visit to Mauritius.

Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa offers all our guests bottled water which is placed in the room once a day as a free service. Water is also provided in our restaurant at meal times.

Your reference to the bar service surprises me, however the point has been well noted. Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa caters for a number of different nationalities and our feedback as can be seen in all the reviews below has always been positive on service from all our different target markets.

Most importantly. You have had a memorable holiday and the pleasure was ours. It will be a privilege to have you visit us again.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went to Mauritius for my honeymoon trip. Loved the stay at Jalsa, Good rooms, with amazing water view.
They also have private garden for each room on the ground floor. I preferred room on the 1st floor due to the view.
Have good shows near the bar.
Best part: Scuba, boating, snorkeling facilities inside the hotel
The deserts served in dinner buffet were delicious.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard L, Manager at Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Bhatiamanoj2012,

On behalf of the entire Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa Team I thank you for positive feedback and wonderful review. As an experienced Tripadvisor reviewer with 14 hotel reviews your feedback speaks volumes!

Your advise on room selection is absolutely spot on. The Deluxe Rooms with sea views are well worth the upgrade and comes highly recommended. My advise to other travellers would be to make the arrangement when booking the holiday.

We thank you for having chosen Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa as your holiday destination of choice and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Sending you our best wishes for a wonderful year further.

Thank you.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Me and my sister had been to the Jalsa beach resort on the 16th April 2013.Just 2 weeks after the floods.
First of all would like to thank Mr. Richard who assured us again and again that things would be fine.And once we landed in the resort the felling was just awesome.The location and the room provided to us gave the view of the pool and the beach. Sindy took utmost care to cater all our needs in the absence of Mr Richard.
Richard hope to c u in my next trip.
Few more names to add on as i remember: Harish, Prema, Rajesh, Rani, Raj(the Cheff) , Preeti...and all other members whose name i do not recollect now :)
The staff is very polite and courtious.
Special mention The SEGA dance ..Lovely evening spent at the resort.
Kudos to u All!!!!
Would highly recommend this resort if you want to relax chill and recharge.
Ideal for peace loving people.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank REETU_13
Dear Reetu_13,

It was such a pleasure to read your review upon my return to Mauritius. I am happy to know that you took my advice. My only regret is that we did not get to meet in person but I will hold you to your promise to meet on your next visit to Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa.

On behalf of the entire Team and all the names you mentioned I thank you for such a wonderful review. All the Team Members of Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa are assets and play an integral part in the successes we achieve as you well noted.

The hotel is set in the beauty of the natural surroundings of Mauritius, offers great service with just enough activities to keep one entertained but not overwhelmed. Everything a traveller needs for a peaceful holiday with a personal touch.

Sending you our best wishes and thanking you for having chosen Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa as your holiday destination...Kudos to you too.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just back from a memorable holiday at the Jalsa Beach Resort. Go there if you want top grade hospitality. The staff make the entire stay so enjoyable that you wish you could spend some more time at the resort. The most friendly staff I have ever met during my vacations abroad. Their charm rubs into the guests as well cause at most times you will be greeted with a smile and small talk from them. The food is good, though I think they could improve a bit by adding some more varieties of chicken dishes for the non-vegetarians at dinner time. The property is very well kept and a pleasure to move around at any time. Pool is fantastic and clean, Also the area around it is well maintained. Wish they would provide more toiletries in the rooms besides the soap, towels and tissues. A shower cap would be most welcomed. I would like to thank Mr. Rajesh who would regularly take time out to see that all was well during dinner. Also thank you Adil and Rani, you guys rock. A very big thank you to Chef, who at dinner time made it a point to see that my daughter had atleast one chicken dish, which he prepared specially for her on all the days of our stay. He was there with a smile and ready to serve attitude which made us feel so special. Thank you Cindly (reception) for the lovely photos you took for us as a family. We appreciate your gesture. Finally Anil, it is because of your advice to visit the flac market that I enjoyed my shopping spree with my friends there. Thank you so much. Service with a smile seems to be the motto of this lovely resort and as a guest this is just what I look for during vacations. If I get a chance to go to Mauritius again, would definitely like to go back to Jalsa. Ophelia Rodrigues

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the ground floor, close to the pool. As a family it worked just right. But a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ophelia777,

On behalf of the Team I thank you for such wonderful feedback. Your review has been shared with all members of the Team and we thank you for all the names mentioned. It serves as a great reward for the commitment to service.

'Top grade hospitality and the most friendly Team members you have met in your travels'...a wonderful compliment to all members of the Team. It was only a pleasure to have been given the opportunity to add value to your holiday experience. Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa being a relatively small hotel with only 66 rooms has the ability to add a personal touch and we are pleased to read that it has been noticed and appreciated.

We have taken note of all your recommendations and perhaps on your next visit you will find some changes made.

Wishing you well and hope to welcome you again soon.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had gone with my husband on my honeymoon here and I must say it was a very pleasant experience... The resort has a private beach where u have scuba diving ,snorkeling, boating etc.
The rooms are huge and overlooking the beach and swimming pool.
The breaksfast and dinner served was excellent with live counters and live music on few days.
They provided us with fruit basket and complimentary wine since it was our honeymoon...
Overall a very good experience.

Room Tip: Pick room overlooking swimming pool or beach
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MayuriBhatia
Dear MayuriBhatia,

On behalf of the Team I would like to thank you for your wonderful review and positive feedback. We also thank you for having chosen Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa as your holiday destination thereby allowing us to add value to a memorable holiday experience.

Your feedback highlight many of the key elements which makes Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa special. Direct beach access, large rooms with good views (Deluxe Rooms are well worth the upgrade), good food and all round good service.

Most importantly we again congratulate you on the bond you have created and hope to share another holiday experience with you soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort for two weeks and felt totally relaxed and chilled the food was amazing room shower bed resort pool gardens lovely cant fault it at all staff very attentive. would highly recommend this resort if you want to relax chill and recharge.

Room Tip: Pool seaview room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank soton_13
Dear Soton13,

Short, sweet and perfect! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. You can be assured that your review has been shared with all members of the Team; such kind words serves as a great reward for the commitment to service.

'Chilled' is perhaps one the best attributes a tropical island hotel can expect to receive and we are pleased to read that we have added value to your holiday in all areas.

Sending you our best wishes and hoping to welcome you back again soon for another 'chilled' and memorable holiday.

england
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Wine Read Then Book

After travelling the globe from America to Australia I wanted somewhere special to take my wife to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We have done some of the Caribbean Islands St Lucia and Dominican for example so I wanted somewhere different. After a trip to our local Travel Agent I decided on Mauritius and Jalsa Beach Hotel and Spa.

I cannot praise this hotel highly enough. From the moment we arrived and the warm welcome we received to the moment we left everything was perfect. This is a small quiet and friendly hotel with service excellence if you want busy noisy and open all hours this is not for you.
I had read much about the food on trip advisor and all I can say is from our point of view both the English and Indian dishes were perfect and if by any chance you can’t find anything you like just ask one of the waiters and the chef will do something to your taste may it be from Muesli or boiled eggs in the morning to Steak for dinner nothing seemed to much trouble.
The all-inclusive worked well Breakfast in the Restaurant was everything from continental, cereal, to omelettes, bacon sausage etc.
The bar is open from 10:00 to 22:30 and we found this was enough the bar staff are attentive and friendly.
The boat house offers the chance to take out a kayak or may be do a spot of snorkelling, if you ask they have snorkels and will take you to the reef let you explore then come back for you.
Dinner was always wonderful with plenty of choice. We booked to have dinner on the beach one night this was an extra charge but we thought it was superb and worth the money. We left the menu up to them but I would think you could change things to your taste as I’ve said nothing seemed too much trouble. I could fill another page about the meal but our main course was Lobster Prawns and Scallops (my mouths watering). We saw a lot of people taking photos before we sat down but really you must try this.
We had a sea view room with a balcony which overlooked the pool and beach. The room was spacious, clean and was well looked after by the maids. On the day of our anniversary after we came back from a day by the pool our room had been done by the maid and as well as the towel art on the bed was Happy Anniversary in flowers. When we came back from dinner the room had been done again this time with a grandiose towel display a heart of flowers saying Happy Anniversary and a printed congratulations from the housekeeping team.

To sum up would I go back, Oh my god yes!
High spots Service, food and friendly and attentive staff

The wine should be empty by now so it’s up to you.

Room Tip: Second Floor overlooking beach and pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank summershere
Dear Summershere,

Some reviews leave me breathless and perhaps out of words to express our gratitude correctly. The Team thank you for such a wonderful review and positive feedback which have been shared with all Team Members alike.

Most importantly we again congratulate you on the wonderful achievement of having shared 30 years together. Perhaps like a fine wine it only gets better over time and I certainly hope to find myself in the 'same shoes' in years to come.

Your feedback on the menus served makes for delightful reading and we are most pleased to see that we have lived up to our promises of attending to specific needs upon request. For the Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa Team nothing is too much trouble!

We send you our best wishes and as per your review look forward to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poste Lafayette
#1 of 3 in Calodyne
Emeraude Beach Attitude
Emeraude Beach Attitude
#9 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius? Share your experiences!