Jalsa Beach Hotel and Spa
$232
$219
Agoda.com
Constance Prince Maurice(Pointe de Flacq)
$816
$774
$593
$578
$612
$413
Long Beach Mauritius(Belle Mare)
$370
Radisson Blu Azuri Resort & Spa, Mauritius(Roches Noire)(Great Value!)
$297
$229
Travelocity
$656
$465
Agoda.com
Solana Beach(Belle Mare)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewspool barindian foodpool sideboat houseour honeymoonrestaurant staffcandle light dinnerrelaxing holidayprivate beachscuba divingsea facing roommr sanjaybasic amenitiesfour star hotelcurriesbreakfast and dinnerdeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Jalsa Beach is the hidden Gem of Indian Ocean. Located on a private and quiet beach ideal for people wanting to relax and chill out. Yet,you have the flexibilty of action experiences eg Walking with the lions,swimming with Dolphins,underwater submarine you only have to arrange transport with the hotel .The price for daily car hire is reasonable and people are very polite and easy to deal with. So you have the luxury of a private and quiet beach holiday and build in the action part of holiday as you like.We thoroughly enjoyed the south island tour and walking with the lion experience.All inclusive is an excellent option and friendly staff are willing to do anything for you with a smile,service is fantastic.Manager takes keen interest in making sure your stay is enjoyable and comfortable.Dinner is superb experience as they tend to have live cooking and selection of good meat and vegetarian dishes. We particularly enjoyed the authentic Indian vegetarian dishes in the evening atleast 4 or 5 different curries accompanied by other indian selections.
Bar,swimming pool and beach areas are kept very clean and are always staffed properly for guidance and service.This place lives up to it's name Jalsa meaning "great enjoyment".A true hidden gem in this paradise island and perhaps the best in the Indian Ocean. I visited this gem with my daughter and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay hope they maintain this level of detrmination to please holiday makers....it was a long way but worth it!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent,ground floor rooms one can walk into the pool so easy for elderly people or those not wanting to walk upstairs.otherwise all rooms appear to be very quiet and private ideal for honeymooners.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank kalisana55
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We booked our honeymoon package through makemytrip.com, but on reaching Mauritius we realized that most Indian travel sites (yatra, thomascook, makemytrip and the likes) outsource their holidays to Sea Side Holidays in Mauritius. So if possible do approach Seaside Holidays directly for a better rate.

We stayed there from Feb 1st to Feb 8th (2012) for our honeymoon.

Early check-in took longer than expected. The room was spacious with a nice balcony.

This hotel is perfect for honeymoon and is in a quiet location.
We had a great time walking near the pool and sitting on the beach chairs to enjoy the beach view.

The food was a bit disappointing some times as the menu was short and repetitive. Not much options for vegetarians. Deserts were ok (it seems nobody eats ice-creams in Mauritius--you rarely find ice-creams shops there and even if you are lucky to find one, you end up paying much more for them). The candle-light dinner which was arranged specially for honeymooners was romantic but the service was not good at all and a rude waiter refused to serve the desert 2nd time when requested. We didn't know it was a fixed menu!! If we knew we wouldn't have asked for more.

Overall, a nice place for honeymoon.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea and swimming pool view.
11  Thank pranavpatel
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Just returned from a lovely holiday here... all staff extremely helpful & a great credit to the management.

Facilities are 1st class....as you would expect from a small but quite exclusive hotel. Go all inclusive for 'Fantastic value' as if you don't like some food you can always request that the chefs make to your own requirements.

Great bonus in that it was only a short 50 minute transfer from the airport via a coastal road.

No loud guests, no awful evening entertainment every night (just some pleasant cocktails & local dancers on the beach or by the pool) no sun bed bagging, excellent car hire & advice where to drive through the hotel reception, no pressure to tip staff....but be sure to reward those in person that 'really do go the extra mile' to serve you at the end of your stay.

Hoping that my job application to be their morning 'pool boy' will be considered & accepted.....happy to work for just the air fare out plus board & lodgings.....but only as long as I can fish in the adjacent sea lagoon for the rest of the day!

Finally...fly Air Mauritius from Heathrow....literally only you on the plane & if like us we were able to spread out in economy both ways....thank goodness I didn't pay business class or extra for seats with longer leg room!

Well done Virgin Holidays too!! Great value at short notice.

Room Tip: Room 220 ...king size double with great shower, 1st floor balcony, sea & pool views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank JellybellyCellulite
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We have just got back from Jalsa Beach and loved every minute. We arrived at 9.30am and although too late for breakfast, were served with hot croissants, coffee, cake and orange juice.

Our room looked on to the lagoon and was beautifully decorated and very quiet.

The restaurant had a buffet breakfast and dinner and waiter service at lunchtime. The waiters were very professional and there was a good selection of food which should satisfy even the most difficult eater. The chef regularly offered to cook a steak or something else but it wasn't necessary. There was always a selection of curry dishes and then a vegetarian dish as well as one or two other meat or fish dishes.

This hotel is perfect for a quiet, relaxing break and is in a quiet location. Other parts of the island can be visited by taxi or bus, both available outside the hotel.

Thank you Jalsa Beach for a great 2 weeks.

Lynn

12  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Well a honeymoon, is something which is always special for everyone. It doesn't really matter what place you go, what resort you stay in, but its the company of your partner that matters. But yes, its just these nuances which make the experience a normal one to an extraordinary one.
After marrying my sweetheart, I was always sure of an amazing time in Mauritius and frankly speaking, a resort did not really matter to me much before coming here. But yes, what I really wanted was a nice, cozy, clean place, which served good food and did not have too many noisey people around. Jalsa beach resort, I would say, was almost there.

Let me list down the key aspects of this place, which will make your decision making easier:

Resort: The property surprised me. I had seen images on the internet and also had read reviews, but surprisingly, the property looked much better than the images. It was quite big and the beach adjacent to the resort was very clean. So was the swimming pool and the entire area around the pool. What a nice time we had walking near the pool in the cool evening breeze or sitting on the beach chairs gazing at the stars in the clear nights.

Rooms: I had specifically asked for a better room and had paid marginally extra (come to about 500MUR a day) for a Deluxe room instead of the standard rooms. I realized what a good decision it was immediately after reaching there. Room 222 was one of the best rooms there, with a great view of both the beach and swimming pool from the balcony. One word of caution - There are some Deluxe rooms (which will cost you the same) but are 2/3rds of the size of the room which was given to us. So, if you are one of those unfortunate ones (we met a couple who had paid for a deluxe room but got a small standard like room), please go and talk to the reception and get moved to a better room when there is an availability.

Food: Well, that is one thing which needs a major improvement. One reason for me to choose this resort was the fact that I was told they serve Indian food. The Indian food served there had everything but for one vital ingredient - Good taste. The Indian food was no less than pathetic, but to compensate, you would have the other cuisines, which were too bland again. But yeah, after adding loads of salt and black pepper, the food becomes bearable. Morning breakfasts though were very good and filling. Food out of the menu was expensive and was limited.

Watersports in the resort: There are many Kayaks kept in the resort, which can be used for free. Must use for all couples. They will also provide you snorkelling kits, but I I didn't see even a dead fish in the waters there. You can go for scuba diving and also parasailing (I did neither at Jalsa), but do not forget to negotiate hard on the rates. They will offer you much better rates than the places outside.

Courtsey and service of staff: Well, I had one of my worst experience on this front. The staff at the front desk (someone called Sindy) was extremely rude and impolite. I see better hospitability in the guest houses in India, forget about a so called 4 star resort. Several requests would go unheeded and I had to call up several times to get the AC fixed in the room. The soap bottles would not be refilled by the housekeeping. One evening, I see my wet towels being rolled back and kept in the shelf. The pot pourris were dry without any fragrance. I guess my entire experience got spoilt because of the misdemeanour of one person.

Entertainment: Every night there would be some special show (music, dance, etc.) which I really used to love. It used to be near the bar area and the Indian couples usually avoided listening to western music. My wife and I found the music to be awesome and relaxing.

Overall, a pleasuresome experience. But yes, will not go to the same resort ever again and would not recomment a friend to go there.

17  Thank AniruddhaK_12