Ganischgerhof Mountain Resort & Spa
Hotel Restaurant Peter(Monte San Pietro)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Erica Wellness & Vitalhotel(Nova Ponente)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Hotel Pfoesl(Nova Ponente)
Hotels.com
Hotel Royal(Nova Ponente)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Mayr(Nova Ponente)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmountain resortlovely viewprice rangefabulous hotelshuttleboardskichristmasbalconymountainsspaobereggendolomitesfacilitieschilltripsstyle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was our second time in the hotel. We stayed for 12 days. The room was nice and clean but I guess the thing we liked the most about the hotel was the dinner: It is hard to believe how much quality you can still get today for just 30 Euro. The chefs are simply great. Each and every night the dinner was something to look forward to ;-). The staff always had a good advice which wine to choose.
The only thing which might be improved kitchenwise is the bowel of chopped fruit at the breakfast bouffet (the fruit salad to put in your youghurt). Sometimes one can taste the fruit has been chopped at least one day ago as it is slowly getting the "fermented fruit" taste. But nothing serious, really. And I love the possibility to make fresh juice every morning!

The hotel Spa is better than what you usually get in the price range, you can have breakfast outside when the weather allows it and it is good. It is also great to have the freedom to dine in one of the several possible places (dinner room, fireplace room, lounge, outside, ...).

Finally, all the hotel staff is really friendly. We kind of bought too much wine in Kaltern and were allowed to store the wine in a cool place so that it will not go bad in the hot car. It is also these small things which make the stay in this hotel really pleasant!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I tryed to book on 29 September a relaxing week end (Saturday and Sunday) on 15 and 16 October (and I gave them also the alternatives of 22 and 23 October).

They answered me by email that they can't book a room for us so in advance because they should wait to see if someone else wants the rooms for a whole week.
They told me to call them after 10 October in order to know the availability, but they didn't assure me if they have available rooms or not.

So I should wait for 10 October and risk not to have a room and loose the possibility to spend a week end as I've scheduled? Why?

Sorry, but this is not a service for an hotel of 4 starts. I have called other 4 hotels and made the same request and they confirmed me immediatly the availability and the possibility to book the room.

I don't suggest this hotel: they don't offer a serious hotel.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glogae
Hanspeda96, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Ganischgerhof Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Dear customer,

in reference to your comment we would like to explain you the situation.

Since we did not have available rooms for your first desired weekend, we offered you different options to spend your vacation in our hotel.

Further, we could not yet accept your reservation, since we have contingents of several rooms which we cannot give away, before the deadline of these contingents is over. That is the reason, why we cannot give you a precise confirmation until the 10th of October.

We really tried to find a solution and to fulfill your desires. We regret your opinion of our hotel since you did not yet spend a vacation in our hotel.

We thank you for your feedback and we really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel and to convince you of our excellent service and quality, since our philosophy is to give our guests a personalized and unforgettable vacation and experience.

Family Pichler and team

Reviewed May 5, 2011

I had great expectations for this hotel, but somehow managed to go away disappointed. The hotel has a lot going for it. I enjoyed the shuttle service to the slopes (so convenient! we never had to wait more than 10 minutes), the beautiful decor of the common areas, the view from the sauna and the nice, albeit a bit too fancy restaurant. Another thing worth mentioning is that the same family owns two very nice restaurants in the Obereggen ski resort and it is possible to reserve a table through the hotel, which is extremely convenient, especially in high season.
But the room was disappointing - very large and clean but outdated, especially the bathroom, which was really below par. The pool was also a bit disappointing and we ended up not going there very often, since the hotel wasn't strict on its no kids after 6 p.m. policy and it was always very loud. Service left things to be desired with check-in and check-out taking way too long (the latter due to some problems with their computer). In my opinion the atmosphere was too formal for an alpine hotel, but that's a matter of taste. Overall, I found it to be a rather average experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Lovely place, close to Oberreggen slopes (10 min with the shuttle bus of the hotel), _very friendly_ staff and excellent restaurant. Clean and very comfortable room (I took the suite) with charming view on the Dolomites from the balcony. I really enjoyed the breakfast's buffet! I'm looking forward to get there ASAP, even if I don't like skiing...! Perfect for relax&chill out! ;)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindaM84
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Absolutely emazing hotel and spa. Excelent staff, perfect food, beautiful spa ....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple