I stayed at Kantary Bay with a friend for her 30th for 10 days in august. There are 2 hotels, cape panwa over the hill and kantary bay at the bottom. My review is long but I find the more detailed reviews helpful.
ACCOMODATION: On arrival, the studio we were initially allocated was not great, there were blue stains in the bathtub, view to one side was a brick wall and it smelled a bit musty, appeared to be in need of updating. Also the safe was not working properly. After asking for a room change, we were moved very quickly and with no fuss to a nicer studio overlooking the swimming pool and with a view out to the bay. It had a double bedroom with built-in wardrobe, safe, balcony with bench, table and seats, living room with armchair, rug, table and double sofa, dining area, kitchen with utensils, fridge and microwave, bathroom with the usual bits and bobs, small hairdrier in room, no iron but you can request one as well as an adapter plug for your own electrical devices. 2 small bottles of water are provided daily free of charge. 1 rooftop hotel with views across the bay, 2nd outdoor pool on ground floor, children's play area, gym.
SERVICE:No complaints whatsoever, all staff were friendly and helpful in spite of long working hours. Kate, the bookings manager was an absolute delight. Our bags were carried to our rooms on arrival. I asked if I could buy a birthday cake for my friend and they had already made one for her, free of charge!
FOOD: We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and found the breakfast to be just ok. Breakfast bar included 3 different juices, full english breakfast, fresh fruit, yoghurts, breads, eggs freshly cooked how you like, even egg fried rice with a fish or meat sauce. There are may cheap restaurants around the hotel so happy we didn't go full board. Our favourites were Hilltop restaurant and the famous seafood restaurant by the waterside in Phuket town. Can't remember the name but all the cabbies seem to know it.
BEACH: Just over the hill at cape panwa is a lovely little private beach you access via the hotel tram, which we found to be clean, free beach towels and beach chairs, good for snorkelling & canoeing and never too many people so you could really relax and enjoy the views/swim, surrounded by lush greenery. Other, larger beaches around Phuket.
THINGS TO DO: Phuket is a quiet resort and you'll need to venture into town for shops/activities bar the Phuket aquarium right next to the hotel. You can hire bikes from the hotel. We booked some of our activities through the cab service we hired from the airport but you may be able to get cheaper deals from the hotel or through a good cabbie. We went snorkelling, elephant riding, horseriding, quadbiking, island-hopping, butterfly museum, full body aromatherapy massage & sightseeing all for very reasonable prices. Cabs are also cheap if you get the right guy! We highly recommend a guy called SAK SALI from outside the hotel, he's very honest, knowledgeable, didn't try to rip us off and was more of a tour guide than just a cabbie. If anyone wants his email address or phone number pls ask. For a more lively atmosphere, go to Pattaya.
We will upload pics soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa