My partner and I booked the first week of our Thailand holiday at the Kantary Bay Hotel after reading many reviews of many hotels all over Phuket. After our 6 1/2 hour flight we were taken to the hotel by a crazy Taxi driver ( he was doing 140Kph at some stages). We arrived with an open mind as we all know that you can never be sure what the hotel is like until you see it in the flesh.
Well it was a welcome suprise to find it looked just as the photos showed inside and outside. We had booked a basic room but were upgraded to a suite even without asking, not many hotels will do that but it leaves a lasting impression on the customer.
When we came down for breakfast on the first day the staff asked if we were happy with the room. I said half joking that a bigger balcony would be nice (ours only had a small balcony) we dont have one available today she said but we will tomorrow. Our new room was on the 2nd level of the Bay wing which meant walking up some ramps to get there, but it was great to help walk off breakfast.
As others have said the views from the balcony are breathtaking and we spent many an evening watching the sun setting from our balcony. The hotel pool was always a bit crowded so we used to take the shuttle to Cape Panwa Hotel and use the Pool down on beach near Panwa House we preferred it as it had more shade, not many people used it as they prefered the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa