After spending some time in Kata we spent four nights at Kantary Bay Hotel. First impresions of the hotel were very positive and the staff provided a quick check in process. We had booked a standard studio room - and our initial impression of the room was not great. This was due to having a view that looked directly onto the roof of another building (we could almost reach out and touch it). Apart from this, the rooms were generally ok. They are a bit old but they are not dirty. The restaurants at the resort are both highly recommended and we found the restaurant staff to be fantastic.
The view from the rooftop pool is amazing, however the main pool did not seem to be used by many guests. I think this hotel would benefit from having a bar closer to the pool.
There is a regular shuttle from to the Cape Panwa Hotel, which we used often to sit by the pool there. There is also the Phuket aquariam next door and a few shops and night markets.
This is a great hotel if you want to escape the more hectic pace of life in other areas of Phuket and Thailand. You will not get hassled by taxi / tuk tuk drivers, suit sellers and people trying to sell you things. The Kantary Bay is great value for money. If you are wanting a view of the ocean I would recommend booking a 1 bedroom suite, as i think these all overlook the water. Most of the studios seemed to face either the side of a building or the garden (although they garden is very pretty and well maintained).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa