This is a long review, but felt because it was our first time, it might just help other first timers. Bare with it. Just returned from 2 weeks, it was our first time in Thailand and certainly won't be our last.
On arrival, greeted, bags taken up the stairs, had a cold drink and cold towel, just perfect after the long flights. Was given a voucher for 1 free drink each and a 10% voucher to spend at the shops.
We were upgraded from a studio room to an apartment, (203) we had a kitchen area, only used the fridge and the washing machine, living area and separate bedroom, air con in both rooms, balcony looking over the main pool.
Room cleaned everyday, apart from 2 days where we put do no disturb, and reception asked us if we wanted the room cleaning later, or wanted towels and water.
Breakfast is fine plenty to choose from, had omelettes (sometimes with added shell) but can choose eggs anyway you want. Nice cup of tea and they have lurpack butter and brown sauce ha ha.
All staff lovely and will acknowledge you at all times.
Pools lovely and clean and water nice and warm, sun beds fine, with a padded bed, get towels from reception. Main pool was quiet most of the times and the roof top pool was the same, sometimes there was a little sewage smell up there, but not a problem to moan about.
We visited the sister hotel on the free shuttle bus or walked the hill, pool is lovely there but there are not enough sun beds round the pool, if I was staying there I wouldn't be too happy if I couldn't have got a sun bed. Plenty of beds down on the beach though, which we visited once,sea lovely and warm, crystal clear water and powdery sand, not really sand people, but worth the visit. I went to do the fruit carving activity, I asked if it was on and they said yes at 1600, but no one ever appeared on the 2 separate occasions I went to do it.
Got a few bites off the mosquitoes, even though we sprayed and had bands on, damn nuisance.
You can get wifi password from reception for both hotels,and it reached the breakfast room and the pool side, my husband also got it in the room. We used the gym a couple of times, which was adequate for what we needed to do.
We ate once in the Italian at kantary, it was ok, dearer than the local restaurants and service charge is included on all food and drink from the hotels. Happy hour is BOGOF, but with service charge, it's no cheaper.
We ate at the Sawasdee, seabreaze, sabai sabai the one at the end of the road and up the hill. Basically the menus are the same as the sawasdee apparently everybody works there then moves on taking their menu ideas with them ha ha. We ate at live India, that was the BEST INDIAN I've ever tasted. We ate and had a couple of drinks at all restaurants for less than 1000 bahts. No pressure to leave tips, but we did. All restaurants are busy and sometimes have to queue. I have reviewed these seperate. We had lovely coffee and cakes and ice creams at the kantary cafe next to the supermarket, I could also reach the wifi from there and sawasdee.
We had drinks at Russell's sunset bar, nice friendly welcome. We had Thai massage and pedicure at sabai which is half way up the hill on the left, they are lovely, and also aloe Vera massage and foot massage at lotus which is next to the Indian. Again lovely people and both really cheap.
We went to the aquarium, I have reviewed this separate also.
We went to banana beach via the longboats down by the aquarium, this was from 8.30 to 3.00 for 2000 bahts, great for seeing the fish, great for snorkelling, but it was really shallow and you could see them, ask at breakfast and they will give you a bag of stale bread to feed them.
We booked a tour through the man at kantary for James Bond island, basically you tell him what you want to pay and then you barter, was a great trip and well worth what we paid, but very busy. We paid a local taxi driver to take us elephant trekking and to see the big Buddha, and another night went in taxi to the beach bar, get there before sunset so you can watch the sun going down, had a lovely meal too, check out the pancake lady next door and the on the beach restaurant next door.
We got the hotel bus to central festival (shopping mall) for a small return price, and we got the taxi bus to patong on a couple of nights again for a return price. We also went to phuket, not much there, we got a tuc tuc and he showed us round. We also went to watch Thai boxing which was in phuket, was good. We got taxi to the weekend phuket night market, taxi waits for you.
There are street vendors every night outside hotel, just great to go down and people watch, we had the chicken on sticks and was ok.
On our last day, we had to vacate our room by 12 but we used the pool and they allowed us a room to shower before getting picked up that night.
Overall a relaxing holiday, lovely staff, great hotel. Yes I would return to Thailand but I want to see other places. There we got there, think I've covered everything, have a great time and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa