I must start by saying that when we first arrived and was allocated our room .. my heart sank! It was not the best of rooms (in our opinion) and it did have a major issue with a smelly drain! We had a word with reception and management and we were allocated another room the next day... management could not apoligies enough and compensated with a lovely meal at Panwa house ... which was a kind gesture.
I suppose if i am honest the hotel is getting a bit tired around the edges BUT it is certainly clean and the rooms are cleaned to a high standard daily as is the rest of the Hotel and gardens.
The hotel does have an instant charm and has a wonderful atmosphere about it and the Staff really make you feel welcome.
Cape Panwa itself is a lovely little place and i know it is small but there are plenty of places to eat and have a relaxing evening and if you fancy a change then you can just go up to Cape Panwa Hotel (lighthouse bar had live music on every evening and it is 'Happy Hour' from 8.30pm. We went into Patong one evening (400bht) just book at reception. We hired a Bike for a couple of days from a Gentleman up the road (300bht) so drove around the coast and found some lovely beachs and beach bars. We did Phi Phi and James bond island through the Gentleman at reception and got a good price ... and the beach at Cape Panwa Hotel is stunning.
We really did love this place and will be definitely be back again, and before we knew it it was time to come home and there is sooooo much more to see and do. ... Don't forget your Mossi Repellant though ... !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa