The hotel is located on the coast of Cape Panwa and is approximately a 40 minute drive from the airport. The hotel is right by the coast and there a few shops and restaurants around but not too many. The Phuket Aquarium is a few minutes’ walk away from the Hotel.
On the Hotel website, we noticed that you can arrange airport transfers directly with them and we emailed the hotel to arrange this. It costs THB1000 for a one-way transfer or THB2000 for a return transfer. Unfortunately, despite re-confirming our booking a few days prior; we ended up waiting at the airport for over an hour for someone from the hotel to be at arrivals. When we called the Hotel, they did not have an idea of our airport transfer booking. As it was quite late in the evening, we ended up bargaining with a local taxi driver and managed to get a taxi to the hotel for THB800. He made a pit stop at a travel agent and 2 ladies came to see us wanting to know if we would like to book excursions but we declined. Upon arriving at the hotel, we mentioned to Reception that we had waited for over an hour and even showed them the email correspondence confirming that we had booked for an airport transfer. We got upgraded to a one bedroom suite from a studio as a token to good will.
The hotel runs shuttle services to Phuket, Central Festival and to Patong Beach and you can book onto the shuttle from Reception. There is also a regular shuttle service every 15 minutes to the Cape Panwa Hotel where you can make use of all the guest facilities at this Hotel which includes a private beach. The drive to Cape Panwa hotel is only 2 minutes but it would take much longer to walk as the road is incredibly steep uphill. You can even learn how diving at Cape Panwa every Tue, Thu and Sat from 15:30 until 18:00. The Cape Panwa hotel has two swimming pools, a spa and beauty salon, water sport facilities, a fitness centre and several restaurants and bars.
The hotel has a small gym and a nice swimming pool which cannot be used after 10 or 11pm. Reception provides you with towels which you need to sign for at Reception. The reception/lobby area has a tour desk as well as many leaflets and information guides from tour companies. If you are interested in any tour package you have seen in a leaflet, just let Reception know and they can get it booked for you on your behalf. For anything that you need to book, Reception will advise you what the deposit charge will be - it is normally a fraction of the package cost with the balance payable at your destination.
The hotel has 2 or 3 of their own restaurants, a breakfast room and if you walk further away from Reception you get to another building which has a pool on the top floor and plenty of sunbeds.
If you need access to the Internet, speak to Reception who will provide you with a username and password to the Wi-Fi service.
There is a restaurant to the right of the Hotel main vehicular entrance called Sawasdee that is incredibly great value for food and drinks and has a really relaxed ambience. Next door to that there is also a small grocery store where you can buy snacks, bakery items, drinks, toiletries or pharmacy items. During the day, the store has an extension to it which includes a coffee shop that does hot drinks as well as ice cream and cakes. If you want a massage or beauty treatment, there is a family run business just round the corner and at very reasonable rates called Professional Lotus Spa. They are open from 10am to 10pm and very good value for money. The lady that owns the place is very nice.
The one bedroom suite consisted of an open plan living room and kitchen area. As there were 3 of us, we had a large double bed in the bedroom, a foldable bed kept in the lounge area, a TV, coffee table, three and two seater sofas and a dining table for 4. There was complimentary tea, coffee and instant noodles. The kitchen had cutlery kitchenware, a washing machine and a fridge with complimentary water. Also, there is air conditioning in the room and nice heavy curtains to keep the sun out whilst you sleep.
The bedroom has built in wardrobes, a pedestal for your luggage, a small dressing table and two bed side tables. There was a safe in the room where you could store your personal belongings and there is laundry bags if you needed to get any times dry cleaned.
We also had a balcony that faced the coast so we had excellent views of the coast especially at sunset. In the balcony there were patio seating and a small table as well as laundry drying stands which we made use of as we carried our own washing tablets with us.
The bathroom was very large with a toilet, sink, toiletries, a bath tub and a shower cubicle. There were also fresh clean towels available.
The breakfast room is very casual and offers lots of fruit, cereals, pastries, eggs made of order as well as rice, noodles and stir fry if you fancy that too. Tea, coffee and juices are also available. Breakfast is served until 10am.
Overall, this hotel was a very comfortable place to stay away from the hustle and bustle of city life and is extremely relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa