We stayed at this hotel from 28thJan - 15thFeb. We had a great time. Our room was a garden room with a Jacuzzi. We were only slightly over looked by the walk way to the other part of the hotel because we had lots of vegetation blocking the view of us. We did not skinny dip, just went in in our swim suits. We had stayed in the sister hotel a few years ago and had been told about the Kantary Bay for guests that wanted a longer stay. This hotel was the cleanest hotel I think we have stayed in, and we have been all around the world. You could eat your dinner of the floor if you wanted to. There are areas where it could do with a face lift, the bathroom was a little tired, and the kitchen was old fashioned. But for the price you are paying it was very good. We stayed by the pools rather than go up to Cape Panwa as I do have walking issues. Most days we had the main pool to ourselves, is that not what you dream of in a holiday. The gardeners should get a prize for the gardens, my highlight was getting a picture of a open lotus flower with a praying mantis on it! cool. The happy hour cocktails were cheaper in the hotel than in the local resturants. We did have a problem one evening in Uncle Nans resturant. We had a meal which was a l'a carte not on the fixed price menu. I had chosen sirlion steak (which I did not know was also on the fixed price menu that night) it was tough as old boots, very grissley with lots of fat over a quarter of the steak. I just could not eat it. I did not complain, just left it. When the server saw that I had not eaten it she asked me why? I said poor quality not good. She got the manager his name was 'jean marie' he asked me why I had not eaten it and I told him. He asked if I had the fixed price steak or a al'carte I told him a al'carte (690 for my steak vs 720 bart for the whole fixed price meal). He intimidated that sirlion was like that, fatty! yes I agree it does have a trim of fat along the top, but not over a quarter of it. I got the picture that because it was on the cheap menu perhaps there had been a mistake and I had been given a cheap one?! but to blame the customer, and suggest I didn't know my steaks was bad. Poor management skills if you ask me. He said we have a BBQ on Friday at cape Panwa come a long. I was put off by his offer as I did not want to pay for another meal that could have been of poor quility. We did use the laem Panwa in Kantary bay, the fish was lovely, very fresh. Don't be put of paying by the kilo for the fish it was really good.
We did use the local resturants and they were great, very good value for money. Don't go to sea'breezes unless you want to spend your holiday waiting for your food, we went twice first time we waited an hour and half and the second time they forgot us and it was an even longer wait, twice was enough for us.
The 'English Indian' by the nail bar was poor. The chicken tikka should have been medium and was hot. The butter chicken should have been medium and was very mild, so don't know what was happening there, or perhaps our local Indian is so good you can not better it?
Sawasdee was fantastic! good cocktails and the food was great. Slight problem in that some people still seem to think its okay to smoke in resturants sat right next to you! not good. They should be made to smoke outside not at the tables, that was the only downside. The food was so good we still went back and did not have a problem again. Sabai sabai half the way up the hill was okay as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa