As a long term guest, who now considers this place home, I feel compelled to respond to BaronessEast’s outrageous comments that could be construed by some to be a deliberate attempt to damage the good name of this hotel. The true facts are:
BaronessEast didn’t look very far. The hotel’s convenience store (The Trading Post) is located nearby the entrance to the hotel. It is well stocked and has all the essentials (a bit like a 7-11 store).Inside there is a small coffee shop that also sells cakes, cookies and delicious Italian ice cream. The hotel has two restaurants, one that sells Italian food and the other Seafood and Thai. In addition, there are two bars that also sell snacks. Outside of the hotel there are several restaurants and bars all within a walking distance.
Everyone is friendly from the General Manager downwards. It is almost impossible to walk past Reception without interacting with the staff. Many guests return because they just adore the staff. Guests feel comfortable and safe staying here.
Transfer from the airport to the hotel can take the best part of an hour depending on the traffic and the time of day. A taxi will set you back 500 baht (a little over £10) and a limousine 750 baht (a little over £15).
It is well documented that the hotel does not have a beach. However, what the hotel does have is splendid views across the bay and guests get to enjoy some of the most wonderful sunsets I have ever seen. Guests staying at the Kantary Bay can enjoy all the facilities at the sister hotel Cape Panwa including all the restaurants and bars. There is a hotel shuttle bus that operates between 7am and midnight. The journey takes only a couple of minutes. You can walk, but the first part of the journey is up a very steep hill and unless you are very fit you are well advised to take the shuttle bus. The Cape Panwa has a beautiful private sandy beach and landscaped gardens. There is beach bar, children’s play area and plenty of space to play games and relax.
As for getting out and about, the Kantary Bay in conjunction with Cape Panwa operate a twice daily shuttle bus service to Phuket Town and to Central Festival shopping centre (chargeable). In addition, there is an evening shuttle bus service to Patong Beach (again chargeable). The hotel has a tour desk and taxi service.
Finally, the Kantary Bay is a perfect place to relax and unwind in a safe and secure environment. Why not visit me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa