“Fantastic place !”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Bangkok
“Fantastic place !”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I spent 5 nights @ Sripanwa and what I want to share is the best experience I've ever had stay in this boutique hotel. I stayed in 2 bedrooms, pool villa. The room is unreal !! The perfect combinations of sunset view, nice bedroom, nice pool and incredible services. All staffs are real nice with service mind. I've a chance to meet Sripanwa's managing director, he is a very nice person with full of service mind. I've no doubt why the service there is awesome. Their culture of the organization is so strong !

I can say that me and my friends have a fantastic time living there !

I'll go back there again for sure !!

Knot

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Knotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
london
Reviewed March 26, 2010

This hotel has everything that you can imagine. Food, spa, service, staff, pool villa, sports and recreational facilities, pool club, night life, sceneary, views are all excellent. The interior of each pool villa is very classy and unique, room spacing is thoroughly planned with free flow minibar! Each villa has its own butler to take care of.

However, this hotel may not be suitable for those niity-gritty conservative people who hate walking up and down the hills and only enjoy staying on a flat land. It may also not be suitable for those who are not hip enough to stay!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank genuine-traveller
London
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We were here for a few days with friends and had a great time. The hotel rooms are really the best I've seen anywhere - and the service etc is absolutely top notch.

Be aware though that they are building some new villas at the resort, and that there is quite a bit of construction affecting some of the villas, in particular the sunrise villas. To be fair the hotel were brilliant and moved us immediately from one of these sunrise villas to a sunset one without any fuss, but just check where you're going to be. Thats the only reason I've marked it down for location.........wld move up to a 4 otherwise

The hotel was very empty - which we did'nt mind but I think if you were there for a while you'd want to be looking at other people than just yourselves.....having said that this seems to be a bit of a feature of Phuket at the moment.... sushi seemed to be a theme of the food and it was excellent.

All in all I'd def recc the hotel, but just make sure you get a room away from the jackhammers, or wait until they finish. Bit surprised that noone else mentionned it on tripadvisor - loooks like they've been at it for a while.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed November 21, 2009

We booked our 1 week holiday at Sri Panwa after hearing great things from our close friends. It lived up to all our expectations and we are counting the days before we are able to come back. Very professional and the location is stunning!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CulinaryTraveler23
Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Most amazing place. The service was perfect, the hospitality was amazing. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jlast8
koh phi phi
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I stayed in Sri Panwa last year in a Jacuzzi room which was well equipped with DVD player, satellite plasma tv and cd player. The rooms are big and comfortable and impeccably clean.
This is a perfect place to enjoy your honeymoon and there are bigger pool villas available for rent.
The resort has swimming pools and a tram and pathway that takes you to its private beach.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BlueViewKohPhiPhi
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 17, 2009

We stayed for 5 days 4 nights in mid-March 09 and were lucky to have decent weather [no rain thoroughout]. My wife and I have stayed in a number of high end hotels/resorts in Asia and I rate Sri Panwa in a category of beyond 5 stars.

Privacy - you can truly be alone. my wife and I were seldom disturbed. Excellent I suppose if you want total privacy, which we did.

Views - truly stunning. oceanview and sunset each day.

Villa quality - ocean view. very good. nice infinity pool. Comes with loaded ipod, music could be played throughout villa [inside and outside]. Great as I could simply plug in my iphone. Complimentary mini bar with beers and soft drinks and they were not stingy in stocking it up. Also complimentary nesspresso and bar snacks. Why cant all hotels have this?, I mean how much can a few drinks/snacks really cost. Free wifi. Butler to unpack/pack. Only negative was the bath was on the outside for the villa we had. 2 showers, one indoors. 2 sinks - wife and i loved this as we didnt have to fight for the sinks in the morning!

Service - very accomodating. First hotel we've stayed where they will check in for you at the airport when you leave, and escort you all the way to immigration. The service goes that far! one reviewer mentioned the staff could be better trained, I agree with this, but one thing you do notice is that they will genuinely try and this is important for me. For example they arranged a cooking class for us on our request in about one hour. That was fun, do try it.

Food - Only one restaurant serving a wide range of foods "Baba", We ate from there quite often as we wanted to stay in the villa. Food quality is good/excellent, but portions could be slightly bigger I think. I just asked for bigger portions and they accomodated. Excellent pizza. Excellent Thai. Recommended. We had breakfast brought to the villa each day. Breakfast quality is good, try the thai breakfast option. You should try dining at Baba at least once. However we enjoyed the room service more, for us it more fun to eat dinner inside the villa, its more comfortable and the minibar is at your disposal for free. Plus you can really be on holiday mode i.e. eat in the pool or by the outside area or if too hot use the AC inside.

Onsite Amenities - Tennis court wasnt working, not terribly too much there to do as it is a private villa setting, more ideal for couples. There is a public pool onsite but we choose to use our own pool. Beach was not very useable to be honest. There is a free library/ dvd rental/internet area near the reception, so you could take a few dvds back and watch movies for example. No way as extensive as say the library say at the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai. Tuk tuks took you round the property - villa/reception/public pool etc. The lack of amenities/things to do onsite didnt really bother us as we chose to stay inside the villa most of the time anyway.

Conclusion: if you are looking for privacy, perhaps to read a book, relax, check the occasional email/work - which invariably one has to!, enjoy food, perhaps a massage, or a round of golf [15 mins from Loch Palm/Red Mountain - definately check out Red Mountain for scenery] in a stunning private Villa setting with pool and "one heck of view", then this is the place.

As my wife said the total experience was above 5 stars.

(oh last comment, the place really does look like the photos on the website).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
#2 of 57 in Kata Beach
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong

Been to Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!