“A life of luxury...”

London
“A life of luxury...”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Wow what a place!
Sri Panwa oozes elegance, vibrant charm, and above all envelopes you in an affable embrace of friendliness. Whilst the photos available on the web can easily portray just how delightful the villas, exquisite views, delectable food, and endless swimming pools are, they do not do justice to the staff at Sri Panwa. Never have I encountered such a personable feel to a hotel, with smiling faces at every turn, always eager to cater to ones every need and wish. It is as if the staff know your needs before even you do! A brilliant holiday in an exquisite environment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oliver_Schnatz, General Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us. We are very happy to read that you had a great time at Sri panwa. To receive feedback as yours is a very big motivation for the entire team.
We all look forward to welcome you back soon.
General Manager, Sri panwa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the wonderful Sri Panwa for a week, and loved every minute!
The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, they seem to anticipate your needs prior to you knowing them!
The food is exceptional, breakfast is a great start then lunch and dinner in such a fabulous setting does not disappoint at all.
The cocktails were sublime, the Water Lemon is a personal favourite!
The facial at the spa was fantastic, I enjoyed every minute.
Rooms were fabulously designed to ensure privacy and luxury.
The General Manager Oliver was very approachable, friendly and there seemed to be a great team spirit at Sri Panwa.
I will recommend this beauty of a hotel to anyone, thank you Sri Panwa for a fabulous time!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
What can I say except A VERY BIG THANK YOU for reviewing us. It is great to read that you could feel our team spirit. Your review made the entire team including myself very happy.
Please come back soon.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Upon entry into the property we were welomed by staff at every intersection of the steep and snaking road to the reception building. Check in was somewhat slow, given that there was only one party ahead of us. There were six of us, so we had a two bedroom villa and a room at the pool club. The views at both locations were spectacular. Rooms were immaculate and well appointed, and all items in the mini bar (barring the two bottles of wine in the villa) were free. Nespresso machine was welcome (minor complaint would be that only three pods were available, additional pods came at a charge). Five points so far...

The first night we had dinner at the hotel. Prices were high but understandable as guests were "captive" given the remote location of the hotel. No problem for us as we had a hired car and went out for lunch and dinner. Still five points...

Breakfast was, however, a shambles the first morning, topped by an omnishambles the second morning. The odd fly would be understandable, but there was a horde of flies. Had a croissant from the buffet the first morning, which was rather tasty, so when I went back the second morning, I saw a fly on one of the croissants, which put me off. The process for ordering and serving the cooked breakfast needs to be reviewed by management. Cooked breakfasts were ordered by filling in a form, which seemed like a good idea. However, orders took a long time to be filled, and I found out why on the second morning. Our group trickled into to breakfast, and being the designated table booker I was first and filled out forms for some of the group. I followed with my form, and late comers filled theirs the last. The last orders were filled the first, followed by the first ones. Half an hour passed and my order did not arrive, so I decided to walk to the cooked breakfast station. There was a lady who "managed" the order forms, but she seemed to be struggling. I asked why it took so long for my egg white omlette order to be cooked, so she looked at the plates ready to be picked up by the wait staff and took the first egg white omlette plate available, however it was the wrong one, as it had mushrooms and bacon sides, whilst I had ordered sausages and hash browns as sides. Therefore, someone was deprived of their breakfast at my expense. When I complained, the lady appeared quite agitated, but not as the cooking staff, who moved the omlette to a new plate with bare hands and filled the plate with sausages and hash browns. There really needs to be a better system in place to be worthy of a luxury five star resort. Flies and botched cooked breakfast, down to four points...

One other minus is the villas are up steep hilss and to access the villas, tuk tuks are made available...except we had to wait up to 15 minutes for one, and decided to walk back. Good exercise, anyway. No pounts deduction...

Nevertheless, I'll overlook the shortcomings and return, if given the chance, and recommend anyone to stay at Sri Panwa.

Room Tip: No tips, all are excellent...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NopBangkok
Oliver_Schnatz, General Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us and for your helpful and constructive feedback. While I am happy to read that you really enjoyed the villa, I am obviously sad to learn that you experienced some shortcoming in our service delivery, especially during breakfast.
I do know that our team does try very hard to ensure that all our guests do have a great breakfast experience, but I also have to admit that things can go wrong and when they do during a busy meal period then one mistake often leads to another, as you kindly described in detail. Please do accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience we have caused. We are currently reviewing our breakfast and are in the process of changing the system to ensure that we do not have a re-occurrence of the situation as you have described it. I am sure that you will have a great breakfast experience when you come and see us again.
During your stay we did experience a shortage of drivers which caused some delays in our Tuk Tuk service and I am happy to tell you that we have increased the number of drivers by now.
Thank you once again for recommending us to others.
We hope that you will come back to visit us again.
With kind regards
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I searched all the Trip Advisor reviews in Phuket for the perfect hotel experience I was hoping for: on the water, serene, high class, safe, beautiful, top notch service. I booked 3 nights at Sri panwa based on the reviews and was not disappointed. In fact, my expectations were exceeded. My welcome began at the airport with Sri panwa's driver, who graciously met me at the arrivals gate with a Toyota SUV, water, and cold towel. The trip to Sri panwa was 50 minutes, in traffic, yet comfortable, and I enjoyed the sights along the way. Upon arrival, I was met at reception with a glass of iced tea and a host explaining the resort to me and confirming all the details of my stay. I was then whisked off to my villa via tuk-tuk, and shown around the villa by my attendant, explaining how everything worked. The villa was unbelievable; two separate rooms, one bedroom with a sofa and full en suite bath and jacuzzi tub and another living area with a kitchen and bath. The infinity pool was breathtaking. The views were to die for. The serenity of my villa was what I needed. I ate at Baba Q, the main dining area, as well as room service and Baba Soul Food; all were excellent. I also spent a rainy afternoon enjoying a massage, facial and pedicure at Cool Spa; the best spa I've ever been to, including your own spa suite and waterfall. I booked all of my touristy events though the very helpful concierge upon arrival. If you want to explore Phuket by car on your own, ask for Mr. Big, the taxi driver, he was wonderful and spent 6 hours driving me all over Phuket. Not to miss also is the elephant trekking, also arranged by the concierge. Try to book Baba Nest, to watch the sunset, as early as possible as it fills up quickly. I cannot say enough good things about my stay at Sri panwa and their wonderfully welcoming staff!

Room Tip: I stayed in an ocean view villa that was amazing and highly recommended, with a bedroom and full bat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Danielle92101
Thank you for reviewing us, we are all very happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations. Your kind comments are a great motivation for the entire team.
We look forward to welcome you back soon.
With best regards
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is the rare case when you can not find a single minus, only advantages. Spectacular views, high quality service, great food, fabulous spa - everything you expect from Thailand, you can get here and at the highest level. Service is very friendly, prudent but not in any way intrusive. One of the main advantages - privacy. If you are staying at one of the beautiful villas, nothing and no one will bother you and do not detract from an amazing stay. The beach near the hotel is very deserted, there is rare to find a large number of people.The breakfasts are very diverse and incredibly delicious, like all the food at Sri Panwa. In Sri Panwa you definitely relax the body, but even more soul - you will find ideal conditions for this! I highly recommend this hotel to everyone, its definitely worth the money that you would have to pay for this heaven!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NellyNelly_24
Oliver_Schnatz, General Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for reviewing and recommending us, we are all very happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at Sri panwa. I have already shared your great feedback with the entire team.
We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Bangkok,Thailand
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Sripanwa is my best choice to spend my vacation with family , friends or my girlfriend. Nice view , u can see the ocean from almost everywhere in the resort. Everystaff work with their heart to service u at any time. The money u spend on the room is worth it , u dont have to go out from the resort if u just want to relax , not to travel but the location is also good for travel by a hotel taxi services. Thank you sripanwa i had a wonderful time with up guys.

Room Tip: I reccommended u to choose a luxury pool villa ocean view room!!! Plan ahead!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for reviewing us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. What I liked reading the most is your very kind comment that you received ‘service from the heart’ from all our team members, as this is exactly what we aim to provide to our guests.
We all look forward to welcome you back soon.
san francisco
Reviewed May 17, 2013

After spending three days on Patong Beach, my friends and I were soy glad to escape from the loud noise and craziness there and came to this paradise. We stayed in a two bedroom pool villa for three nights. My friends and I were all amazed with the seaview when we first walked into our villa. The view is speculator and we are able to see the sunrise from our villa. The resort is everything that I expected. Excellent services from the staffs. It is not quite there yet comparing to Four Seasons in Samui but close. Restaurants at night are mostly empty. I guess most people stayed in their villa to enjoy their peace and quiet. We stayed here for three nights and we didn't need to go out. My only complaint that I have would be the variety of the breakfast is not wide enough. I was kind of disappointed after staying in W Bangkok and La Flora on Patong. But over all, I would recommend this resort to any one who want to have privacy and just enjoy their time in a place where they don't want to be disturb.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sfscubaman
Oliver_Schnatz, General Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.
It is nice to see that you mention the sense of privacy you felt during your stay with us, as this is indeed what Sri panwa is all about.
Your comment in regards to the breakfast variety has been well noted and I am happy to tell you that we are currently in the process of adding various items to further enlarge the selection.
We hope you will visit us again soon.
With best regards
#2 of 328 in Patong
Trisara
Trisara
#2 of 96 in Thalang District

Been to Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!