We have just returned from our 6 night honeymoon at Sri Panwa and we did not want to leave! This place is like nowhere else I have ever experienced and is perfect for a honeymoon or romantic vacation.
Most of the staff speak English (though broken) and all of them will go out of their way to make you comfortable, they literally treat you like royalty from the moment they pick you up from the airport. We had private transfer from the airport which I highly recommend as the car is very comfortable and the resort is about an hour drive from the airport. Once on the hotel grounds you can call for a tuk-tuk anytime to transport you anywhere in the hotel or to the front gate. It is the easiest way to travel around the hotel as it is very hilly with lots of steep climbs that would kill your legs if you walked it too often.
The room speaks for itself and no pictures will ever do it justice. We stayed in the 1bdr luxury pool villa LV17 and it was superb. The view was incredible. We spent every morning swimming in our private pool, perfect way to start the day. The steam room was great to use at night after doing lots of walking around. The only negative I have about the room is that the bed and lounge are very very hard. I jumped face first into the bed when we first got there because I was so excited but it was like running into a brick wall. If you like hard beds then you will be fine. However, after a long day of swimming and shopping you will have no problems getting to sleep. Waking up in the morning and opening the curtains to that view is just pure heaven! The room is almost blackout when all the curtains are closed and nearly soundproof to, so it feels very secluded and private. There is an outdoor lounge area with a glorious view, although the lounge is hard it is a great spot to relax at the end of the day with a drink and your loved one.
The cleaning staff are amazing and always come when you are not there, I think when you call for a tuk-tuk to leave they radio the cleaning staff that you will be out. The complimentary minibar water, soft drinks and kit kats were great on a hot day and they were restocked daily. The staff complete a turn down service twice a day (one morning and one night) it was lovely getting home from dinner to a nice clean room again.
The food at the restaurant is average and very expensive for what you get. There are some great restaurants along the waterfront, we simply got a tuk-tuk to the front gate then walked along the water until we picked a place to eat. We ate nearly everyday at the restaurant closest to the base of Sri Panwa (about a 2min walk), where you can get a 3 course meal and drinks for 2 people for B$700 (around $25AU) compared to a single burger and chips at the hotel restaurant for B$538 ($20AU). There is a convenience store next to the restaurant we went to, where snacks and alcohol can be purchased. It is a tiny bit more expensive than other supermarkets closer to Phuket Town but still good value. However, if you are shopping in Phuket town or Patong it would be worth heading to the supermarket there to save some $.
A shopping day in Patong is a must, we went back twice. Note that it is about a 45min drive from Sri Panwa to Patong so go in the morning and make the most of the whole day there. If you are into nightlife then a night out in Patong is a must, don’t worry about what day of the week it is because it goes off every night.
There is a taxi service at the base of the hotel and for B$1300 ($48AU) you can hire a taxi for the day to drive you to and from Patong and stop off anywhere in between for a whole day. We found a great taxi driver on our 2nd day and kept is card, we called him anytime we needed to go anywhere and he gave us a discount because we kept calling him. The hotel staff will gladly arrange a taxi for you on request.
Any request is simply a phone call away! Can’t work out how to use something in your room? Just call your villa assistant and they will be at your door within minutes to show you.
The small and secluded beach at Sri Panwa screams romance. We spent an entire afternoon down there swimming, canoeing and reading without seeing another person. Definitely head down at high tide as it is a stunning cove to look at and the water is so warm. However, put your hiking boots on as it’s a long way down and stairs all the way.
Unfortunately, we never made it to the Day Spa. We found it was relaxation enough just enjoying our private spa and steam room in our villa.
Sri Panwa is definitely an experience we will never forget. We can’t wait to come back though we will have to save up again as it’s not cheap. You definitely get what you pay for and I would recommend Sri Panwa to all vacationing couples and honeymooners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sri panwa is a luxury pool villa hotel located on the southeastern tip of Phuket. We are a mixed development,housing both one- and two-bedroom hotel pool villas and a selection of larger, distinctive residential homes.Hidden in more than 80 rai of undisturbed rain- forest and overlooking the Andaman ocean from more than 60 meters above sea level, our villas are truly spectacular creations. Each villa has been custom-designed to suit the topography of Cape Panwa. Many of our villa possess both sunriseand sunset views over the glistening Phuket. Hotel villas are completely private and very sexy, with infinity-edge swimming pools wrapped seamlessly around glass-enclosed bed- rooms. Wake up next to your companion, open the glass sliding doors and dive into the pool for a short swim - maybe at the outdoor sala where breakfast awaits. In the mood for a romantic evening? Order dinner in the villa, cozy up your partner on your sprawling sofa-bed and let our state-of-the-art entertainment system take over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sri Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Sri Panwa Cape
- Sri Panwa Hotel Cape
- Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel Cape Panwa