“hidden gem in Phuket”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Sydney
“hidden gem in Phuket”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

This fantastic resort provides the excellent services and paramont sea view. This is a very good place for the family and children who can swim in the pool and the sea, with parents sitting relaxed in the beach with sunset in the afternoon.

The quiet beach gives the whole family lots of fun, strolling along the beach feeling like little fish town with quiet and lovely people. Kids playing soccer along the beach, adults enjoying the food and the pancake in the little town...

If we ever come back to Phuket again, we will be sure to stay in this hidden gem again.

I

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Angela T

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Trelleborg, Sweden
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My plan was to stay at By the Sea, Cape Panwa just a week. Then go around and visit different places. For two days I travelled around. Then I realized thtat I left a great place. I missed the quiet, beautiful environment. The friendly and helpful staff. The great breakfastbuffé, which satisfied a picky breakfast-eater like me. So I returned. In addition the hotel restaurant The Following Sea have a wonderful kitchen, with good and beautiful food in high class. By the Sea meets all my requirements.
I combine the trip writing, relaxing and convention. Read my blog that is published.
I can really recommmend this hotel and restaurant.
Gun-Marie Larsson Sweden

Room Tip: .The room is like a appartment, big and nice. The view is excellent. Everyting is clean and in a ver...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank nonna2878
lonelyplanet
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We had 9 great days stayed at By the sea resident. The room, they kept very good condition with gorgeous sea view from balcony.
The hotel is really a gem. Birds singing woke us up every morning. We loved sitting on the balcony to hear the sound of nature. The sea always calm made us can do canoe to the tiny island near hotel.
Hotel staffs were polite and always with smiling face. We are appreciating that.
Neighbor checked in on our fifth day. They were really noisy. We cannot sleep at night. We asked for move the room which far away from them. Hotel manager free upgraded us to deluxe room which was superb. That’s surprising us.
Hotel does very good supervise. Even housekeepers had very good attitude. We must go back soon.

Room Tip: block A, 3-4/F, great sea view but far from beach
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wailing
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The food is fantastic, as are the cocktails. Literally right next to the beach. I stayed on the 2nd floor and was very happy with that (close to the beach and pool, but not "at" the pool on the ground floor). Scooters can be rented from the Novotel next door - at a cost of 350bht/day, which is ludicrous. There are also no spas/massages/shops around so if peace & quiet is what you're after, this is the place.

A highlight was the Bar on the Beach, a local haunt only 50m or so to the immediate left when walking out onto the beach. Very cheap beer, and the food seemed quite good too.

All round, a very decent place, but it was a bit too quiet for me. I would stay here again though.

Room Tip: Try the 2nd floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank ju8ular
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Wonderful location Cape Panwa with beautiful views over Chalong Bay from each room. The rooms are large each with its own kitchen etc. Two bedroom units are available for families travelling with children.
Manager Jack and his staff made us feel very welcome from the time we arrived. Cleaning and Restaurant staff provided excellent service and always provided a special smile. The property is well maintained and was always very clean. The quality of the food at the restaurant is very good, with good portions at a reasonable price. Pool facilities are right by the beach and are of a very good standard.
Unless you are reasonably mobile the steps leading down to the pool, beach and restaurant will create problems however the hotel does provide golf cart type transport down the hill to these facilities.
The hotel is in a very quiet location some 12klm from Phuket City. The hotel does however provide a twice daily shuttle service to Central shopping centre. Unless you want a very quiet holiday it is better to hire scooters, which we did, or arrange a hire car.
We stayed for 3 weeks and overall were very satisfied with our stay at By the Sea.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ALAN123064
Macau
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I always relied on photos of tripadvisor.com when i select hotel, I was hesitated by its 5 out of 7 ranking. Sure I would be very regret if I did not book By the Sea.
We were travelled in a group of 8 and we all very satisified, hotel is very new and cleaned, rooms are big (smallest is 56m2) all with cooking facilities, breakfast is adequate. I recommend boiled rice, we all had at least 1 bowl every morning.
There are free shuttle bus to major shopping centre 2 times a day (10am and 2pm), should use this service.

Room Tip: Choose either Bedroom/Living Rm facing the sea.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank PrincessCaramel
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I would like to thank for my up gradation to deluxe room. Really nice suit, with 2 bed rooms, sitting room, kitchen, and wonderful balcony. From the balcony you can see the nice greenish-blue sea and the beach. I liked a lot the hotel, although the look-wise the hotel is not nice. It's a rather small hotel, without any nice architecture or decoration. But location wonderful. So, it's your choice what do you want.

I had a small problem over there. The reception girls are not able t speak or understand English properly. So, I was about to miss my flight, as she didn't understand I asked for a cab. But they will always say "OK", without even realizing what you are asking for. So, always double check. To the hotel manager I would request to look in to this matter.

Food is OK here, and a bit expensive. There is nothing near by in around 3 kms, so, you are bound to take food from the hotel. Although there is one more hotel, just beside this, so you can try over there too.

The beach is so beautiful when high tide. That's the amazing place which force me to recommend for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RitayanRoy
ByTheSeaPhuket, Assistant Operation Manager at By The Sea, responded to this review, May 14, 2011
Dear Valued guests, Thank you very much for your comments and your recent stay with us. Your comments are very useful and were brought to The Management meeting in order to improve our service. We hope to welcoming you back to By The Sea in the near future.

Best Regards,
#4 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Kantary Bay, Phuket
Kantary Bay, Phuket
#1 of 13 in Cape Panwa

Been to By The Sea? Share your experiences!