3,159 results
All reviews jacuzzi on the balcony reef restaurant private beach bamboo bar coral island shuttle bus lighthouse bar cafe andaman sister hotel junior suite phuket town light house palm trees steep hill happy hour the main hotel steak night
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cape Panwa is our favourite hotel in Thailand - probably of anywhere we stay round the globe.

The staff are friendly and amazing - the layout of the hotel is logical - and there are restuarants and bars in all the right places. The rooms are huge and spacious and if you take a balcony room you get a hot tub overlooking the bay and sea too.

The beach is clean and well looked after and nowhere in the hotel gets too over crowded with visitors. There's free events and trips to a nearby island offered by the hotel as well as a shuttle bus to the lower part of the village to get to external restaurants and a 7 Eleven type store, as well as subsidised trips to Phuket Town, night markets and more.

Every time we're in Thailand and Phuket we stay at Cape Panwa and that's due to it not only be an amazing property and location but the staff. Every single one is amazing and friendly and we always say it's like we go home and stay with family (Hello to Jenny by the way!)

I got sick while on this trip (from some bad food outside of the hotel) and had to call in a doctor and spent 3 days in bed, including having to extend our stay and rebook flights. The team at Cape Panwa made me feel totally looked after and made sure I got better as soon as I could - there wasn't a single staff member who didn't seem concerned or didn't ask me how I was - I was totally at ease and could concentrate on getting better as a result... a HUGE thank-you to everyone!

In short - if you're heading to Phuket, get into this beautiful and quiet corner of the island and stay at the best hotel in Phuket.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank adamchap
capeandkantary, Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket Management at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Adamchap,

Thank you for taking the time to send us this positively glowing review of your latest stay with us at Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket. It is most rewarding for us to read comments such as this and we will certainly pass on your appreciation to Jenny and all our hard-working staff. We look forward very much to your next visit.

Cape and Kantary Hotels supports SOS Children’s Villages and the TSPCA. We do not serve foie gras, birds’ nest or shark’s fin and we stand firmly against the exploitation of Thai elephants for commerce or entertainment.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cape Panwa Hotel has a perfect location overlooking a beautiful private beach. Lots of beach beds & drink service on the beach. Our large very comfortable room had a sea view & a large terrace with a jacuzzi. Two lovely pools. Free shuttle bus to the local town.The restaurants in the hotel were lovely & all the staff went out of their way to be helpful.

Date of stay: April 2019
2  Thank william21Cheltenham
capeandkantary, Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket Management at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear William21Cheltenham,

Thank you for your very kind and appreciative review of your stay at Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly my husband and I were a little dubious as to how we would like staying in such a large hotel. On our previous 5 trips to Thailand we have stayed in much smaller more boutique accommodation, but we were pleasantly surprised. Maybe that had something to do with it being the low season!
As I write this we have just completed an utterly relaxing 7 night stay at this peaceful resort situated on the southern part of Phuket. Although the resort is situated an hour drive from the airport, it is well worth the drive as it is tucked away from the “hurley burley” of places such as Patong Beach.
The staff are extremely friendly and really take time to remember such things as whether you have tea or coffee at breakfast or white or red wine at dinner. Each one whether a cleaner, waiter or at reception acknowledges you with a friendly greeting.

Things we loved...
- relaxing under the shade of the trees at the private beach
- the beautiful view from our 78 sq m Cape Suite C405
- the service in the hotel’s Spa. I had 2 wonderful facials given to me by Pinyada Kobmang (Ida) and my husband enjoyed his 4 massages.
- friendly service at the restaurants

The resort itself in places is looking a little tired and needs some updating.

Things that need attention ...
- spa on our balcony had broken jets
- some of the furniture is a little dated and scratched. There were a few noticeable stains on the seat at the foot of our bed.

Apart from the need for a little updating and maintenance there is nothing negative I could say about our experience here. To the staff ..... Koopkhun ka!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janette1704

Dear Janette1704,

Thank you for your very positive and affectionate comments on your visit to Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket. We note your observations on the furniture and whirlpool spa and we thank you for your input. We look forward to seeing you both back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I spent 3 nights here as a getaway from my busy life with my wife. I booked this hotel because of the beautiful ocean view. I thought all rooms have ocean view. I booked a junior suite. After checked in the hotel, we were led to our room. The room is spacious and clean. However, when I get out to the balcony, I was so upset because the view is blocked by trees, like staying in a forest. I could not even see through the trees to see the sea. I then went down to the reception and request a room change. I was told the hotel is full. But the receptionist promised us to change to an ocean view room on the next day. Thanks for her good work, we could change to a room with a stunning ocean view.

The hotel is far away from the busy town, which fits me, as we simply want a quiet and relax place.

All restaurants are good with super quality good.

Beautiful pool. I can spend the whole day by the pool.

The only con is too much mosquito. Be prepared.

I will certainly come back!!!!!!!

Room tip: Don't take room U213 if you want a ocean view

Dear addyho,

Thank you for your very appreciative review of your visit to Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket and for your generous recommendation. We are delighted to read that your stay was up to expectation after the initial disappointment. We are sited on a wooded slope overlooking the Andaman Sea and we have tried to maintain the lovely natural aspect of the coconut grove with all its associated wildlife. Although suites may be sea-facing, some suites may not have uninterrupted sea-views. Thank you for your compliments on our restaurants and we look forward to welcoming you both back for more peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of modern life in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My partner and I have just returned from a weeks stay at Cape Panwa Hotel for our honeymoon. Prior to arriving, I had read some negative reviews and was a little concerned as to what we should expect especially as we had gone all inclusive. All I can say is that these reviews were either somewhat exaggerated or the issues appeared to be rectified prior to us attending.

Upon arrival at the airport, we were met by our driver and transported to the hotel in aircon and all hassle free. Once we got to the hotel, we were extremely surprised to hear that our room was ready as it was 0930, but was extremely grateful for this and the staff was extremely attentive at going through all services that we had, relevant information and took the time to show us around. We were staying in the Cape Suite and our room was fabulous. The Suite was large, plenty of seating, everything was clean and well looked after. The only issue we had was with the outdoor jacuzzi - we followed the instructions but the cold water tap only spat out unregulated hot water which was boiling. I feel this may have been more user error than anything else. It was also lovely and quiet, the bed was comfortable and massive and it was just a perfect room to relax and wind down in at the end of the day.

Pool: The pool was fabulous and right temperature, plenty of sun lounges to go around and there wasn't "bus loads" of people coming up from the village to use the facilities like other reviews had mentioned. Some of the sun lounges were slightly stained but they are open to the elements but were by no means in disrepair. My only feedback would be that as there is no swim up bar and you have to go up into the restaurant to order a drink if by the pool, it would have been nice if someone went round every so often and maybe offered people a drinks menu.

Food: We had an all inclusive package at a very reasonable price and certainly took full advantage of this. The food at all the restaurants was fantastic, so full of flavour and all dietary requirements were easily met. We also ordered off the menu at times, this was very reasonably priced being at a hotel and also slightly more isolated than in a main town. The tax and VAT may seem large but if pre-warned and if you budget for it, it really is no issue.

Activities: As part of our package, we had a day trip to Coral Island which was gorgeously relaxing. We sat on the sand and read our books and swam in the ocean. We were then taken round to the back of the island to go snorkelling and it was amazing going over the reef but it was very rough and the current was quite strong towards the rocks. My husband and I are both strong and confident swimmers as well as divers and even this was just a bit rough for us.
We also had complementary massages at the Cape Spa which were excellent, the ladies listened to our needs and was overall just an excellent experience.

Overall we had a fabulous and relaxing time as that is what we had planned our holiday for and that is exactly what this hotel gave us. If you are looking for somewhere quiet and relaxed than this is the hotel for you. Thank you to all the staff for their helpfulness and attentiveness - it was wonderful.

Will definitely be back.

Room tip: Suites are large, sunny and quiet
2  Thank Michaela J

Dear Michaela J,

Thank you for taking the time to send us this long, detailed and very favourable review of your Honeymoon at Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket and for your recommendation. We really are delighted that you found the relaxation you were seeking and the time to spend just being happy together. We take note of your suggestion regarding the drinks menus to be circulated at the pool area and thank you for your input. We hope that we may have the pleasure of seeing you both back with us again in the future; a Wedding Anniversary treat, maybe?