3,159 results
All reviews jacuzzi on the balcony reef restaurant private beach bamboo bar coral island shuttle bus lighthouse bar cafe andaman sister hotel junior suite phuket town light house palm trees steep hill happy hour the main hotel steak night
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly my husband and I were a little dubious as to how we would like staying in such a large hotel. On our previous 5 trips to Thailand we have stayed in much smaller more boutique accommodation, but we were pleasantly surprised. Maybe that had something to do with it being the low season!
As I write this we have just completed an utterly relaxing 7 night stay at this peaceful resort situated on the southern part of Phuket. Although the resort is situated an hour drive from the airport, it is well worth the drive as it is tucked away from the “hurley burley” of places such as Patong Beach.
The staff are extremely friendly and really take time to remember such things as whether you have tea or coffee at breakfast or white or red wine at dinner. Each one whether a cleaner, waiter or at reception acknowledges you with a friendly greeting.

Things we loved...
- relaxing under the shade of the trees at the private beach
- the beautiful view from our 78 sq m Cape Suite C405
- the service in the hotel’s Spa. I had 2 wonderful facials given to me by Pinyada Kobmang (Ida) and my husband enjoyed his 4 massages.
- friendly service at the restaurants

The resort itself in places is looking a little tired and needs some updating.

Things that need attention ...
- spa on our balcony had broken jets
- some of the furniture is a little dated and scratched. There were a few noticeable stains on the seat at the foot of our bed.

Apart from the need for a little updating and maintenance there is nothing negative I could say about our experience here. To the staff ..... Koopkhun ka!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janette1704
capeandkantary, Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket Management at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Janette1704,

Thank you for your very positive and affectionate comments on your visit to Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket. We note your observations on the furniture and whirlpool spa and we thank you for your input. We look forward to seeing you both back again in the future.

Cape and Kantary Hotels supports SOS Children’s Villages and the TSPCA. We do not serve foie gras, birds’ nest or shark’s fin and we stand firmly against the exploitation of Thai elephants for commerce or entertainment.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I spent 3 nights here as a getaway from my busy life with my wife. I booked this hotel because of the beautiful ocean view. I thought all rooms have ocean view. I booked a junior suite. After checked in the hotel, we were led to our room. The room is spacious and clean. However, when I get out to the balcony, I was so upset because the view is blocked by trees, like staying in a forest. I could not even see through the trees to see the sea. I then went down to the reception and request a room change. I was told the hotel is full. But the receptionist promised us to change to an ocean view room on the next day. Thanks for her good work, we could change to a room with a stunning ocean view.

The hotel is far away from the busy town, which fits me, as we simply want a quiet and relax place.

All restaurants are good with super quality good.

Beautiful pool. I can spend the whole day by the pool.

The only con is too much mosquito. Be prepared.

I will certainly come back!!!!!!!

Room tip: Don't take room U213 if you want a ocean view

Dear addyho,

Thank you for your very appreciative review of your visit to Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket and for your generous recommendation. We are delighted to read that your stay was up to expectation after the initial disappointment. We are sited on a wooded slope overlooking the Andaman Sea and we have tried to maintain the lovely natural aspect of the coconut grove with all its associated wildlife. Although suites may be sea-facing, some suites may not have uninterrupted sea-views. Thank you for your compliments on our restaurants and we look forward to welcoming you both back for more peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of modern life in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My partner and I have just returned from a weeks stay at Cape Panwa Hotel for our honeymoon. Prior to arriving, I had read some negative reviews and was a little concerned as to what we should expect especially as we had gone all inclusive. All I can say is that these reviews were either somewhat exaggerated or the issues appeared to be rectified prior to us attending.

Upon arrival at the airport, we were met by our driver and transported to the hotel in aircon and all hassle free. Once we got to the hotel, we were extremely surprised to hear that our room was ready as it was 0930, but was extremely grateful for this and the staff was extremely attentive at going through all services that we had, relevant information and took the time to show us around. We were staying in the Cape Suite and our room was fabulous. The Suite was large, plenty of seating, everything was clean and well looked after. The only issue we had was with the outdoor jacuzzi - we followed the instructions but the cold water tap only spat out unregulated hot water which was boiling. I feel this may have been more user error than anything else. It was also lovely and quiet, the bed was comfortable and massive and it was just a perfect room to relax and wind down in at the end of the day.

Pool: The pool was fabulous and right temperature, plenty of sun lounges to go around and there wasn't "bus loads" of people coming up from the village to use the facilities like other reviews had mentioned. Some of the sun lounges were slightly stained but they are open to the elements but were by no means in disrepair. My only feedback would be that as there is no swim up bar and you have to go up into the restaurant to order a drink if by the pool, it would have been nice if someone went round every so often and maybe offered people a drinks menu.

Food: We had an all inclusive package at a very reasonable price and certainly took full advantage of this. The food at all the restaurants was fantastic, so full of flavour and all dietary requirements were easily met. We also ordered off the menu at times, this was very reasonably priced being at a hotel and also slightly more isolated than in a main town. The tax and VAT may seem large but if pre-warned and if you budget for it, it really is no issue.

Activities: As part of our package, we had a day trip to Coral Island which was gorgeously relaxing. We sat on the sand and read our books and swam in the ocean. We were then taken round to the back of the island to go snorkelling and it was amazing going over the reef but it was very rough and the current was quite strong towards the rocks. My husband and I are both strong and confident swimmers as well as divers and even this was just a bit rough for us.
We also had complementary massages at the Cape Spa which were excellent, the ladies listened to our needs and was overall just an excellent experience.

Overall we had a fabulous and relaxing time as that is what we had planned our holiday for and that is exactly what this hotel gave us. If you are looking for somewhere quiet and relaxed than this is the hotel for you. Thank you to all the staff for their helpfulness and attentiveness - it was wonderful.

Will definitely be back.

Room tip: Suites are large, sunny and quiet
2  Thank Michaela J

Dear Michaela J,

Thank you for taking the time to send us this long, detailed and very favourable review of your Honeymoon at Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket and for your recommendation. We really are delighted that you found the relaxation you were seeking and the time to spend just being happy together. We take note of your suggestion regarding the drinks menus to be circulated at the pool area and thank you for your input. We hope that we may have the pleasure of seeing you both back with us again in the future; a Wedding Anniversary treat, maybe?

Reviewed May 14, 2019

We stayed at Cape Panwa Hotel for 10 nights recently. After reading the tripadvisor reviews, I wasn't too sure what to expect.

We arrived with a smooth check in which was great. We were escorted to our room which was one of the Cape Suites. I must say, the room did look a bit tired. I wasn't overly impressed with the room, the bathroom could definitely do with a refurb of some sorts.

We ventured down to the beach in the tram that they have however, we found the route with the stair path and we used that every day instead. It was a lovely walk, nothing major (as what I read from some reviewers), and I must say, the wildlife that you see on the little walk to the beach is quite something!

There were an abundance of sun loungers, so no one scrambling and fighting for them. They also looked a bit tired, and they weren't in the best shape. We did try the bamboo bar for lunch, not bad, we also used the pool down by the beach which was nice if you wanted a dip and didn't want to venture into the sea. I would recommend taking swimming shoes with you! This made such a difference as it is quite rocky and full of coral, with the shoes on, it was no problem at all.

We dined in a few of the restaurants at the hotel however we found it VERY overpriced and also, it must be a Thai thing, that they add gratuity to the bill, and then they add VAT to the whole amount! That we found quite disturbing as you end up spending a fortune! We had drinks at happy hour in the Otter's Bar on a few occasions and the Lighthouse bar. The Otter's bar, I found the service pretty poor. The girl that was serving acted as if she was doing you a favour by bringing you drinks. On the other hand, Simon, in the Lighthouse Bar, along with his team, were really great!
One thing, in the lighthouse bar, the chairs are wooden and the nails are sticking out! I did rip my capri pants on a nail that was protruding out of the chair! Not ideal!

We had a go at the Thai cookery course that the hotel offered. We did the 1 day, it lasted about 1hr 30 mins. Hmm would I recommend it, not sure. We cooked three dishes that the ingredients were all already prepared for us, we got to take away a number of recipes however, the recipes don't really give you the right explanation of what heat you should cook things on etc. Will give it a try sometime.

One thing I would like to say, is DON'T waste your money on going to Coral Island with the hotel excursion. We had been out previously on a private tour to Phi Phi islands which was out of this world. We wanted to do some more snorkelling so we thought we would give Coral Island a try. First of all, it's not cheap, you get taken to Coral Bay by a boat, from the hotel pier, you get dumped on the beach, and told that you need to sit in a row of chairs that are on the beach (no sun loungers, just chairs). You are then left to your own devices for about 3 hours, where there is not much to do, it STINKS of petrol fumes as there are millions of boats just idling in the water. You then get picked up again after about 3 hours of sitting on the chair, on the beach, you get taken to quite a rough area to snorkel, which yes, the fish are pretty, but it's not very picturesque. You get about 30 minutes to do that, and then back on the boat, no spray down, just on the boat and back to the hotel. I really really wanted to say something but everyone on our boat seemed to have enjoyed it, they obviously hadn't done the real deal trips with private companies. I thought for the amount of money, and what you experience is just not worth it whatsoever!

We made use of the shuttle bus, which was good as there are a number of lovely, inexpensive restaurants in the village. We also enjoyed the walk down to the village on a few occasions.

Nice hotel, nice location. Would I go back... not sure.

Dear welltravelledc,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your long and detailed review of your stay at Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket. We will look into the service point that you mention regarding Otter's Bar and the furniture at the Light House has been checked as a matter of urgency. Thank you for pointing that out to us here and I hope that you mentioned it to Simon, as well. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed some of the experiences that we offer but we similarly wish you had addressed your concerns over the Coral Island trip to our management at the time. If, on reflection, you do decide to return, I can promise you both the warmest of welcomes.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

After reading some reviews of this hotel we were worried about over crowding. That wasn’t the case at all. We had the most relaxing stay here. The lobby, the pools and the beach were stunning and the view from our balcony was beautiful. All staff made us feel so welcome, and the cake for my partners 30th birthday was a very nice touch! We ate at Panwa house, Cafe Andaman and Bamboo bar and could not fault a single thing about the food, drinks and service. Thank you for a fantastic stay. We can’t wait for our next visit!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank CLG1989
capeandkantary, Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket Management at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Dear CLG1989,

Thank you for taking the trouble to send us your views on your visit to Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket. We are indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and we thank you for your kind words on our attentive staff. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the future.