3,161 results
All reviews jacuzzi on the balcony reef restaurant private beach bamboo bar coral island shuttle bus lighthouse bar cafe andaman sister hotel junior suite phuket town light house palm trees steep hill happy hour the main hotel steak night
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2018

Stayed for 6 nights in Deluxe junior Suite. I loved the Hotel and it’s beautiful bay. It is set on a hill so not really suitable if you have mobility issues, but it does have steps or a funicular that takes you to the beach. The advantages of being on the hill is the gorgeous views.
The hotel has a great buffet breakfast. The restaurants are very good but slightly expensive they do have Happy hours though.
I found all the staff very friendly. Would definitely return and recommend to others.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank suzybee8862
KasemkijS, Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket Management at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Dear suzybee8862,

Thank you for your very kind review of your visit to Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket and for your generous recommendation. We hope very much that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back soon.

Cape and Kantary Hotels supports SOS Children’s Villages and the TSPCA. We do not serve foie gras, birds’ nest or shark’s fin and we stand firmly against the exploitation of Thai elephants for commerce or entertainment.

Reviewed December 9, 2018

Simply recommended. The Cape Panwa Hotel is situated in the quieter south east corner of Pucket away from the more “active” areas of the island. Not to say you cannot get to those areas, the hotel provides a bus (cost is not much). Locally the hotel provides a free shuttle bus every 20 minutes to a sister hotel which has a dozen or so restaurants close by. You can walk it if you are fit enough (steep climb) in about 10 minutes. Many of these restaurants are very good! The hotel itself is very pleasant with, in the main, happy, smiling and attentive staff. The common areas are clean as are the two pools. The small beach is also very pleasant (see photos) although there is some rubbish in the sea probably from passing ships. The hotel does clean this up once on the beach.Sunbeds are plentiful as is shade by the beach and the beach pool. Not so for the upper pool. We had a “T” room in a block above the main hotel. This was labelled as a juniorsuite. The room was spacious and well appointed. For the 5 days we stayed it waskept clean despite our clutter. If you have mobility issues then perhaps this is not the hotel for you. I could not see an obvious route from certainly our room to the beach for a wheelchair user as the hotel is a climb from the beach. Indeed a funicular is available butthere are steps at each end.

Date of stay: December 2018
4  Thank 323HELE

Dear 323HELE,

Thank you for sending us your very informative and appreciative review of your visit to Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket and for your generous recommendation. I would like to point out that, despite the steps as you mention, we have had several guests in the past with mobility issues who have thoroughly enjoyed their holiday with us. Our staff are always on hand to offer assistance when needed. We hope very much to see you both back with us in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at Cape Panwa and just didn’t quite get the 5* experience we were expecting.

Rooms were spacious , clean and tidy with good views of the bay.

Beach Location is nice but all sun beds are under palm trees and are not Allowed on the beach so difficult to be in the sun all day without lots of bed hopping , when the tide is out the sea is very rocky , we also experienced lots of rubbish washed up on the beach although there were people from the hotel out collecting this ( I realise this isn’t the hotels fault !)

The complex is not easy to move around on foot due to very steep hills ( lots of steps) , there is a cable car to get you from the rooms to the beach , if you leave the complex then more steep hills to overcome , a complementary bus is provided to overcome this but something to be aware of.

We found majority of the restaurant staff at Panwa quite subdued compared to other hotel staff we encountered in Thailand, moral seemed low and very few smiles were exchanged . The main restaurant has excellent views over the pool and bay and food was nice but breakfast was very hit and miss both in food quality and table availability - it just seemed to have a little something lacking for us .

Whilst we had a reasonable time at Cape Panwa I don’t think we would return , it felt like a 4 & half star that is in decline rather than the 5 star that is 100% focussed on delivering an unbelievable holiday experience - I only hope it can be turned around has all the potential is there .

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wslay
KasemkijS, Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket Management at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2018

Dear Wslay,

Thank you for your invaluable comments on your visit to Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket. While we are naturally disappointed we thank you for your frank and candid views. We will certainly take note of them. We have a rolling programme of renovation and decoration in place and, regarding the layout of the hotel, yes, there are a number of levels and short flights of steps but I would respectfully point out that we have welcomed guests with mobility problems in the past – some severe – who have gone on to have a very enjoyable holiday with us. The comment that concerns me most of all is your observation on our staff. Normally they are praised for their attentiveness and courtesy. I will make enquiries as to why you received a different perception of their service. Should you, on reflection, both decide to return one day I can assure you that you will experience the warmest of welcomes and hope that you may address any negative views with our Management staff. Our aim is to offer all our guests the best holiday experience possible.

Reviewed December 6, 2018

So far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. We stayed there for 6 days and enjoyed every single day.
The room was very tastefully decorated, view breathtaking. My only regret is I haven't tried one of many hotel's restaurants, but street food was sooo inviting. There's a short descent to the private paradise beach that doesn't always allow swimming due to low tide. I never go to the same hotel twice, but if I ever travel around Thailand again, I will definitely come back here.
Thanks also to all the staff for being so lovely!

3  Thank Marcel K

Dear Marcel K,

Thank you for your most pleasing comments on your visit to Cap Panwa hotel, Phuket, for your kind words about our attentive staff and for your generous recommendation. We provide beach shoes in your suite for those who wish to swim at low tide when there is some exposed coral and there is the beach-side pool for the true enthusiast. We hope, indeed, that you may return to sample some of the fine dining at our ‘Top of the Reef’ restaurant. I am sure that you will enjoy it.

Reviewed December 2, 2018

What a wonderful hotel! My friend and I stayed for a week in a Junior Suite..the accommodation is fantastic..the sound proofing must be brilliant as I didn’t hear anything at all within our room and I am a light sleeper. The staff all seem genuinely so keen to make your stay so enjoyable...nothing was too much trouble. We absolutely loved the private beach to chill where they serve you cocktails to your lounger...the sea is perfect. All in all I will definitely return...thank you for making our trip literally one of the best weeks of my life.

5  Thank Alison O
KasemkijS, Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket Management at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2018

Dear Alison O,

Thank you for your most welcome review of your stay at Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket. We are truly elated with your final comment and we genuinely look forward to seeing you both with us again in the future.