“WITHOUT FAULT”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Hereford, United Kingdom
“WITHOUT FAULT”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed for one week in room U316, the room was very large and spotlessly cleaned every day. Bottled water, tea and milk were also replenished daily.
Buffet breakfast was excellent with a very wide variety of options. Something for everyone.
On the beach there was plenty of room and at no time did it feel "overcrowded", adequate sun beds and umbrellas at all time. Accompanied by very willing and helpful Staff throughout the day.
Whilst it may be a long way to travel from U.K. it is certainly worthwhile once you arrive..You will not regret it..
One of the most efficiently operated hotels we have stayed in recently.

1 Thank EDDY W
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, is pleased to learn that your recent stay with us was enjoyable and pleasant and we look forward to your soonest return. Thank you for your positive endorsement and review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel was superb value for money. We spent 10 days here for some R&R and it was the best R&R my husband and I have had for many years.

There are a few lessons we learnt quickly;
dont eat in the hotel restaurant, TOP OF THE REEF - Maitre'd was disingenuous and food and service not great - food lacked seasoning and taste and it made us realise stick to what the locals really understand - Thai food! Also very expensive.
Not a hope in hell of ever getting a lounger by the pool unless you are up at 6 to place your towel - they need more loungers by the pool.

95% of staff were very friendly and helpful but a few waiting staff were really rude with no good reason. I dont know if some of them were fed up of dealing with rude tourists (some really did show no manners at all..) but... it isnt acceptable to receive a rude response to a polite request.

Rooms were fantastic, beds extremely comfortable. Breakfast tasty and plentiful.
Beach was lovely to relax at - plenty of loungers and great beach bar food and service.
Sea is tidal here and plenty of rocks meant a dip rather than a swim.

We never used the hotel spa as very expensive compared to the massage parlours just on the hill. No 1 Massage was fantastic,we went every day and £8 for one hour full body here compared to £40 at hotel spa made it all worthwhile. Of course you get a more luxurious and thorough experience in hotel spa but for sake of walking up the hill a little way - it meant for us we improved our R&R by a long way!

All in all - a really wonderful luxurious experience for that price per night. We were impressed.

Room Tip: R block is most distant from main building and very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your thoughtful review which has been shared with our team in our continuing effort to provide attentive, enjoyable and pleasant stays for all of our guests all the time. As a regular guest your observations are appreciated very much and we look forward to continuing to serve you on your next stay with us. Thank you.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I don't even know where to start. We have stayed here twice, the first time on a Scoopon (zero issues), the second time for our wedding (November 2013).

There is little I can do to explain how much we enjoyed the whole experience. From dealing with Krittaya over email for many many months planning out the details, to organising transfers for our guests, rooms in the right spots, the ceremony, the reception, the boat cruise. It was all absolutely fantastic.

I think what made it that much more special is the staff. I can say this for ourselves and all our guest, the staff are all very friendly and we made friends with so many. Many that were involved in the wedding itself took it seriously and showed a sense of care for our day as much as our guests.

We did many activities or liaised with the staff for other guests (69 of us) and it was all a breeze, whether it was management or just general staff everyone was accommodating and nothing too much.

I simply cannot say enough nice things about the hotel.

Bottom line I guess is if you're looking for a secluded location with friendly staff and plenty to do, Cape Panwa Hotel is a great destination.

If you're looking to host and event there, especially a wedding, don't hesitate.

We had our ceremony on the grass, reception in Top of the Reef.

Everything tied together perfectly by Krittaya.

We will definitely be back.

Thank you Cape Panwa Hotel and staff for an event and experience we'll never forget!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Justin-dft
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, is very pleased to learn that we met, if not exceeded your expectations for your wedding at the Cape Panwa Hotel and thank you for your informative observations and review with your positive endorsement of being wed at the Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket. The thanks to our wedding planner, by name, and our friendly and helpful staff, has been noted, and on passed to them. We look forward to seeing and serving you and yours again soon as our regulars. Thank you.
Singapore
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Book a Junior Suite for 2 night's stay after my stay at Patong. Arrive at hotel close to 10pm after dinner at Chalong Pier. Had a hard time locating the road leading into the hotel, no proper big sign to direct and took a while to find. Car park has plenty of space - no problem in getting a parking spot. The lobby is nicely done up with a resort feel. Reception staff seems quite new and not too familiar with their work. Given a room at U wing, which is location on the furthest end near the road leading to hotel entrance, which the bellhop send us to by hotel buggy.
Room/bathroom is huge, clean and very new ( just like the photos in the website ). Balcony is big enough to accommodate a large daybed, 2 sun chairs & side table. View isn't great as I can see some Thai quarters at the back / power cable towers & slight sea view far away. Rooms are very quiet on this side, & my wife do not feel good and we decided to opt for a change of room which the reception advised that they can only do that the next MORNING. I called & requested for housekeeping to bring me a wine opener at 11pm on my first night but till date when I am writing this review, it is most likely the request never happen.
Breakfast at the Cafe Andaman is good and you can choose to eat near the main pool or next to the selection table. Selection of food suits all nationalities and a egg counter which quickly dishes out freshly cooked egg dishes. Restaurant can get crowded during breakfast, and I wonder how they will manage breakfast if the hotel is full booked during peak season.
After breakfast, I met Sutas ( Front Office manager ) and he was very helpful in my room change request but have to wait to 1-2pm. We waited in our room and broke a bottle of wine which we brought, and immediately I called housekeeping to come clean up.... To my surprise,
no-one came and we have to sort out the mess ourselves/ Called reception to ask for my room update, they promise by 1pm - they will call me. No calls came, so I call again and they say they will send bellhop to collect my luggage at 2pm but at 3, I went personally to the reception and found that they have given me another room at T wing which is just next to my original room.
I am left wondering how will such a nice resort with such lousy, efficient-less housekeeping & front desk team attract good reviews??. Sutas came to my rescue & offered to bring me personally to see 2 deluxe rooms over at E & F wing ( I have requested for Sea view rooms even if it is a downgrade ). Finally, I moved to F wing into a much smaller / old room but with a fantastic view of their private beach from the balcony at around 4pm. Thanks Sutas for the personal service which we are grateful for... and if only most of the hotel staff has his service attitude & spirit.
Love the natural landscaping done on the property & also the private beach area was our favourite..... This is the place to come if you like lazing on the beach doing nothing!
Will come again next time with my kids as I believe they will enjoy the activities, hotel & beach..... but will be prepared for minimum interaction with staff to avoid spoiling our holidays! Worth a 2nd visit if thinking of staying in Cape Panwa ( 30mins driving to Phuket town without traffic jams )

Room Tip: If you like quiet environment, please stay at V/U/T wings. Sea view rooms are located on the other...
1 Thank Joeykeong
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your feedback and has also shared it with our team. We look forward to you and yours soonest return for another stay with us. Your positive mention of staff, by name, has been brought to their attention. Thank you.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Fabby time, lovely staff, super food, relaxing in paradise. The little train down to the private beach was fun. Jennifer, in cafe Andaman restaurant was welcoming and helpful. Tim, guest relations manager excellent communicator.

Room Tip: We upgraded from a superior room to a cape suite and it was pure luxury
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim R
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, is pleased to have your positive endorsement and looks forward to your soonest return. Your mention of our attentive, friendly, and helpful staff, by name, has been shared with them. Thank you for your feedback.
Royston, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We made our 12th visit last November having visited there since 2002. We were very impressed with the continual upgrades to the rooms and were again very happy with the services provided and will most certainly visit again this year. The only disappointed was the departure of Pavnee of customer services who was always very welcoming and made checking in upon arrival a pleasurable and rapid experience. This visit we were greeted by three staff who kept on asking for a repeat of the information already provided and did not appear to communicate with each other. Apart from this we had a very enjoyable visit and we can certainly recommend the hotel for a good holiday experience.

Room Tip: We prefer rooms with a view over the pool as the view across the gardens and out to sea is wonderful...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ANTHONY C
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, always welcomes a review from one of our regulars and has shared it with our team. Your thoughtful appreciation of a former staff member is appreciated. We look forward to your return.
Gold Coast
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed at Cape Panwa Hotel in September and I really enjoyed my stay. It is a lovely hotel and considering the age of the property, it was extremely well maintained and spotlessly clean. The staff weren't super friendly but always polite and helpful when I needed assistance. The hotel is very spread out and it does involve quite a bit of walking to get from A to B but for me it was a bonus to get some exercise so I didn't put on too much weight eating all the amazing Thai food! I stayed in a Junior Suite which was lovely and spacious, the bathroom was gorgeous and the towels were beautiful and soft! The pool was nice but would probably get very crowded during busy times and I enjoyed a couple of massages in the spa. I did the complimentary day trip to Coral Island (the boat was much smaller than I expected and had a very strong smell of petrol) and I was a bit disappointed by the reef and lack of marine life but I think we get a bit spoilt in Australia with the quality of the reef on the GBR. Make sure you take money if you do go because you have to pay for snorkel equipment, lunch, drinks and parasailing if you want to try it (looked cool but very short and a bit expensive). Breakfast was lovely and plentiful, I thought the cheeky little birds added to the experience! I had a meal in Café Andaman which was quite nice and I took the tram down to Panwa House one night but was a bit disappointed with the meal (the meat was a bit dry) but maybe I was just unlucky.

There are a couple of tailors just up the road but they were a bit pushy so I didn't have a look. There are also a few restaurants if you walk up the hill, not too far, and some places to go for a massage. Make sure you stop in for a cheap cocktail at Uncle John's Bar, he is a lovely guy and the cocktails are great! The walk down to the village is quite a hike up and down the very steep hill... I did it once but caught the complimentary shuttle bus after that. I can highly recommend Sawasdee Restaurant in the village, the food was amazing and prices very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank OzVikingGC
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for sharing your descriptive and informative review with us and our readers after your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Amatara Wellness Resort
#3 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!