“Great place for a relaxing vacation.”
Review of Cape Panwa Hotel

Cape Panwa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Ok so this hotel is situated on a beautiful hill side with amazing views of the water. I arrived around 10am and was only asked to wait about a half hour for my room which was great since I arrived so early. My room was a superior room, it was beautiful! The room had a very comfy king size bed, the pillows were perfectly soft, the bathroom was nice and the balcony had a sun bed and beautiful beach and ocean views. The room safe was difficult to figure out and use the entire time but it still worked. The lock on my sliding door didn't work well at all, it was a total hassle to lock the entire trip. I wish these resorts would also invest in screens for the doors. Since it was rainy season I would have loved to have been able to leave the sliding glass door on my balcony wide open to listen to the rain but it wasn't possible with all the bugs outside. The breakfast buffet was wonderful, the food was very good! I usually had to find a coffee pot to fill my mug but that's ok. There was every kind of food you could want from pastries, french toast, pancakes, stir fry, omlettes, cereal to oatmeal. I only had lunch at the resort once and ordered it through room service, the prices were very reasonable and the sandwich was pretty good. I ate dinner at Cafe Andaman a few nights, the service was horrible! I was given a free dinner voucher as a part of the hotel package, once I showed that they seemed determined to not wait on me. I had to keep asking for water, the woman that took my order rolled her eyes at me when I ordered and they never once came back to check on me once I got my dinner. I ate at the same restaurant the next time and received a little better service since I was paying. The resort charges a mandatory tip, I'm sure they do this because most of their staff don't seem to want to be there and would hardly get a tip. I ate dinner one night at the Panwa house, it was wonderful and the service was great! Room service, service was also great! The beach was beautiful at this hotel, very clean and the beach chairs were in good shape. I'm not sure if I would stay at this particular resort again or not. I was a little upset at the service I received at the restaurant, maybe enough to persuade me to stay some where else.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room with a view of the beach and ocean!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jessie R
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, after your recent stay, appreciates your sharing your review with us and our readers. Your feedback concerning the door lock, desirable screening, and F & B service has been shared with our team. All service charges rendered are in compliance with government regulation. Your informative review should be helpful to other readers planning a stay in Phuket. We thank you for your positive endorsement and look forward to seeing and serving you again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have just returned from our last visit to Cape Panwa and after numerous stays, well into double figures, we once again thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The recent refurbishment in the reception area is very tasteful and on arrival it was great to see some familiar faces. We were booked in quickly and efficiently and once again met up with Tim, whose presence is always appreciated. It was a different time of year for us to visit, it's normally nearer Christmas and we found the beach area quieter, but as always Sandy was there to greet us. The only person missing was Jennifer who was working in the Andaman cafe, we really think she needs to be back on the beach where she belongs. We have often thought we should maybe try other hotels in Phuket, but we are always drawn back to this one, as are many others and we never regret it. For a quiet relaxing hotel, you need to go a long way.

Room Tip: The junior suites are very comfortable, but for more palacial accommodation book a cape superior sui...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Idah0
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for sharing your review with us and our readers and looks forward to seeing and serving you again soon. Your positive appreciation of our staff, some by name, has been shared with them.
Thank you for your positive endorsement.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

i just back from trip at Phuket, so my friends and I stayed at Cape Panwa, we were waiting to stay here because we saw in the hotel's website, it's such a beautiful. Till the day we arrived at hotel, everything made me feel mad firstly from we had to pick luggage to our room, along the way we walked to room, there was any staff want to help us to carry heavy luggage. some staffs just only saw us, so I was didn't sure about the service mind of this hotel. This is luxury 5 stars hotel but honestly I give only 2 stars for service minds of all staff :(

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pramchuen

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, shares your disappointment and apologizes for the inattentiveness you experienced with your bags on arrival. Your report has been shared with our team. Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was the 5th time for me stayed at this hotel although there are a plenty of hotels and resorts in Phuket ?!? Since the 1st stayed, I have never forgotten warm service and relax environment as well as nice private beach here. This year, when I can have a short vacation, then I immediately decided to stay here again.

Good :
[The room] - 4 times I stayed in Cape Suite, it is very large and nice, Bed is very big and comfortable, jaccuzzi is also good. Sofa in the room is nice decorating, you will have bathtub and rain shower too!
[Resort] - Very huge but not crownd, private and quiet beach. Wave is not that high, you can swim all through the year. Green enviroment, and you may see a money as well as many small widelife (birds etc.) if lucky.
[Service] - All staffs including management are warm and please to serve you.
[Restaurant] - Many nice restaurant and bars here, no need to go out ! Panwa House is very good at their Thai foods and bars here have very great singers!!!

[Concern] - At this time, my room was not yet done well before 14pm. And after we got the room but seems that it was a mis-communication with housekeeper and front, my room was still not yet clean. Management suddenly provided my a new room. Anyway, I understand as it was a long holidays and room was almost full booking. And I think it would be great if the hotel can do something with dessert menu :)

I'm looking forward to visit there again in next year anyway!!!

Room Tip: Cape Suite is very recommened!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for sharing your thoughts with us and our readers after your recent stay with us. We look forward to your return again next year.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hi,
My wife and I stayed at Cape Panwa Hotel from 25th of Sep to 3rd of Oct with another couple.
We booked this hotel because our travel agent advised that we would get a newly renovated superior room, look at the picture I have posted and you tell me. We arrived late in the evening so the Night manager insisted we leave it until morning. When we went to reception in the morning they were not helpful at all and really quite rude. So we had to ring the travel agent in Perth at our own cost. Our agent said she would sort it immediately and send a message to our room when she had rectified the situation. We went out for the day and upon our return asked reception if there were any messages to which they replied no, (She had left a message however they claimed not to have received it). My wife spoke to the day manager and requested one of the newly renovated rooms and he got hostile and a little aggressive and she ended up in tears. It wasn’t until we again contacted our travel agent who was very angry at the way we had been treated and further spoke with the manager who subsequently upgraded us and apologised for the so called mix up. So our holiday did not start well. The reception staff have very poor English and even poorer attitudes however, there were some exceptions to the rule and they were very pleasant ( Marck). The hotel is about 30 years old and it shows, also all the roof sheeting is asbestos. It needs significant maintenance. One day around the pool a young girls leg broke through one of the deck boards which had rotted away and she was lucky not to have received a more serious injury as her leg was temporarily stuck. The daily room service was appalling in that they failed to re-stock the basis items such as tea bags, milk and toilet roll and further when room service was called for these items a 30 minute wait was not unusual. On a positive note alto the hotel is not 5 stars but the grounds are. The hotel is built on the side of a hill very picturesque with its own beach well grassed areas with plam trees and lots of sun beds, a pool on the beach level and lots of spots to get away from it all, great if you want a very quiet hotel. Breakfast was very good Mirat and his staff a brilliant plenty of food and good staff service reception could take some lessons from Wirat on how to treat guests. The restaurant food is OK but we mainly ate out one of our favorite place’s was Sea Breeze located down the hill before the last bend with dishes costing about $5.00 Australian dollars. I don’t think we would stay here again. We would stay in Panwa but not this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NickPerth
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, appreciates receiving your review after your recent stay with us and we share your disappointment in not meeting your expectations. Your review has been shared with our team and the travel agent and we have adjusted the room description accordingly. Your positive appreciation of staff, by name, has been shared with them. Thank you again for the time and effort made to bring your experience of your stay to our attention. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly at gm@capepanwa.com

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our stay in Cape Panwa Hotel was good. The rooms spacious with nice decor and furnitures. The jacuzzi in each rooms was excellent. The bathroom was really nice, it had a shower as well as a good bath tub. The location of the hotel is perfect, with quiet a private beach and tram facilities from the lobby to the beach and back. This was something different from other hotels. Though the staff are not fluent and comfortable in English, they are co-operative and helpful. Food was also good. The spa was excellent. The shuttle to Kantary bay every 20 minutes was a bonus as we could have some fantastic Thai food over there. Since the location is away from the main city, the hotel has made good arrangements for their customers to be provided with services that may be necessary. Overall, I would say that this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sanjana133
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, appreciates your sharing your thoughts with us and our readers and looks forward to your next stay with us. Your thoughtful mention of our co-operative and helpful staff has been shared with them. We look forward to your soonest return.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We could not fault this amazing hotel. 5 Days was not enough. Staff are brilliant and activities A+. The pools are great and beach is beautiful. My 2year old son loved the shuttle bus to the shops and little train that takes you to the beach. We also loved the daytrip to Coral Island with crystal clear water. We have stayed in a few hotels during our visits to Phuket and would rate Cape Panwa Hotel as the BEST. We will be returning when we return to Thailand.

Room Tip: Most rooms are very well located.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rudi d

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, looks forward to your return on your next stay in Phuket and thanks you for your positive endorsement.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
#2 of 9 in Karon Beach

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!