“Great Stay”
Review of Cape Panwa Hotel

Cape Panwa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a wonderful two week stay at Cape Panwa in two rooms a Junior suite and Cape Suite all the staff were very helpful and friendly especially the breakfast staff. I don't understand why people are complaining about the lobby it was not really an issue and if you checked the hotels website prior to arrival you would have been aware of this they also offered free drinks and food at Otters bar and a boat trip as compensation. A welcome drink at check in would be a nice touch after a long flight in place of the drink voucher. Upon check in we were taken to our rooms and shown around. I would suggest to Jane M complaining about the lack of English learn to speak Thai or go to an English speaking country. We did not have any problems communicating with the staff. The lady that cleaned our room was very friendly and did a great job. Day spa and girls were fantastic also a thank you to Ratree for helping with our bookings. The beach was beautiful clean and private once again I don't know why people are complaining. This was our 4th stay in Thailand and first at this hotel and would definitely stay again. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing place away from Patong I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa089
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, is pleased to learn that your recent stay with us was enjoyable, pleasant, and met your expectations. Thank you for your insightful balanced review and thoughtful mention of attentive, friendly, and helpful staff which has been shared with them. You will be pleased to know all guests now receive a welcome drink on arrival. We look forward to your soonest return.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,680)

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last week with my family and had a fantastic stay . Hotel very clean and staff were very friendly. Cleaners to wait staff all work very hard . Adul who took us on shuttle bus daily down the hill was caring and helpful. If your looking for a bustling nightlife this is not the place for you this is a place to relax .
The location is in a quiet spot so you enjoy the peace and tranquility . The kids loved the pool area . The rooms were large and modern . Overall the holiday was very enjoyable . Cape panwa is a hidden gem and I hope I get to return.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Worldtravel2013

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your informative and positive review after your recent stay with us. Your mention of attentive, friendly, and helpful staff, by name, has been shared with them. We look forward to your soonest return.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Outstanding hotel, beautiful beach setting, fantastic room, spotlessly clean friendly staff, amazing food! An excellent hotel that would bode well for anyone looking for paradise for a week or two! Strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darren M
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, is pleased to have received your positive endorsement and looks forward to your soonest return. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our third stay in just over a year, and we are already hoping to return in the near future. All guests are treated great at this wonderful hotel, but this time I guess because we are now considered regulars, it seemed even better. Broad welcoming smiles from management and staff who recognised us from our previous stays, and wonderful service from arrival to departure. On each stay upgrades have been going on - this time the entire Reception area was being done over. But each time it has been absolutely no inconvenience to guests with no unpleasant noise or dust, and we know that the next time we visit the hotel will be even better.
Please read my previous reviews of Cape Panwa Hotel for a more detailed summary, but needless to say this is our absolute favourite place to stay. It's not just the hotel, but the local businesses are amazing. I had a couple of terrific trousers tailor made by Barry of London, late afternoon cocktails at Uncle Johns Bar & Coffee (run and owned by John, formerly barman at the CPH) and we enjoyed massages and nail art at the wonderful Sabai Massage & Nail Care. All of these businesses are located a short walk up or over the hill from the hotel's entrance.
As we left our room on our final day, staff seemed to come from everywhere to say farewell to us, and there was more than one damp eye as we said our goodbyes.
I honestly cannot understand the few reviewers who have spoken negatively of the staff - we treat them with respect and friendliness and it is returned a hundred fold. Also, despite what some have said, we have never had difficulty communicating with any of the staff.
To Phillipp & Tim, many thanks again to you and your staff for making us always feel so special at your beautiful corner of the world.
(L312 from 13th June)

Room Tip: Absolutely go for a Cape Suite.
1  Thank Bigbloke66

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, is pleased to know that you have become one of our regulars having bonded with our staff, facilities, and location. Your descriptive and positive mention of nearby local services available should be helpful to other readers planning a stay with us. Your thoughtful mentioning of our staff, by name, has been shared with all. We look forward to your soonest return for another enjoyable sojourn with us. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just returned from a 12 night holiday at Cape Panwa. This hotel was excellent, from the moment we arrived we received a very warm welcome and all the staff were both friendly and helpful, they certainly don't deserve some of the previous reviews I have read.

The management have to be congratulated for having somebody like Tim at from of house. For some of us further travelled guests who like to visit different places but don't have the language skills it was brilliant to have somebody give you advice and help.

I had occasion to visit the nurse as a previous injury to my leg caused me a serious problem. The treatment I received was first class and on return had to have an operation and all the medical staff here in the UK could not have praised this young lady enough for keeping my wound so clean and well cared for THANK YOU so very much!

Would return to this hotel in a heartbeat

2  Thank Jillym59

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, is very pleased to know, after your recent 12 night stay that you would return in a heartbeat. Your appreciative mention of staff by name, by position, has been shared with them. Thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to your soonest return.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed at Cape Panwa at the end of June 2013 after recommendation from some friends. Had an incredible time - staff were friendly and helpful, choice of restaurants/food great and very reasonably priced, rooms are very large with balconies and great views, all spotlessly clean to appear brand new. Although I think the hotel was reasonably full it never appeared to be, there was always space on the beach and round the pool. There was almost no need to leave the hotel as it would be very easy to have spent a relaxing holiday just on the hotel's private beach however we did venture out and do a touristy canoeing day around the coast of Phuket which the hotel helped us organise- getting us a discount and arranging transfer to and from the hotel. Even though it was supposedly the rainy season - don't be put off as it rained for half an hour one evening the entire time we were there. Extremely peaceful and relaxing - I'd recommend Cape Panwa to anyone - persuading my family to go next year!

2  Thank Alannah H
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, looks forward to seeing and serving you again soon and hopefully your family also next year. Thank you for your positive feedback and informative review.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have just had my 5th visit to Cape Pawna. I have written 2 other reviews in the past but thought I should write another as it is some time since I wrote the last one and hotels do change.

All I can say is we had another fabulous stay. We had a Cape Suite which had an extremely comfortable bed and soft pillows (there is a pillow menu if you would prefer something different). The room is beautifully decorated and the bathroom huge plus a large balcony with an amazing view towards the beach. Cleaned to a good standard every day ( due to previous reviews I looked for dust but couldnt find any!)

The beach is my favourite spot. Coconut trees provide lovely shade and ambience, the food and drinks tasty and I noticed there were more than double the number of lounge chairs of previous visits, so many that I think every single guest would have to be there for you not to get one. The staff at the beach were efficient, the food and drinks good quality, work whether it be cleaning or organising chairs etc always happening but I do agree with others, compared to the rest of the hotel there was an air of disinterest unlike previous years where a laugh or a joke was always happening, I can understand this being critisized. Maybe the staff were just tired?

Breakfast was plentiful and fresh and catered to all tastes. I fail to understand how anyone could not enjoy the range and taste. There is now a station for freshly made pancakes as well as eggs. Staff work hard to clear tables despite the mess some people leave, seriously leaving the pile of egg shells and food you didnt want on the table rather than the plate is just bad manners (I am sure they wouldnt behave like that at home!). Dinner at night in the Cafe Andaman was amazing food all served quickly and with a smile. Yes its a bit more expensive than the wonderful small cafes around the village but the food is also of a higher standard. Try the fresh fish or tuna...divine. I was actually disappointed with the favourite local restaurant this time (Sawasdee) not sure what the problem was there.

Yes some of the staff dont have a total grasp of English but there was always someone around that did who you could go to if there was a problem. I am really tired of reading that this hotel and that hotel had staff who didnt speak perfect english...can they speak perfect Thai or what ever language of the country they are in? Isnt it all part of the travel experience going somewhere totally different? If you cant cope with taking a bit longer to communicate than you would at home maybe you should stay at home? And shouting and standing right in the face of people (as I witnessed this huge man from Europe doing to this tiny Thai lady who I take my hat off to for keeping smiling) is no way to behave or resolve a problem..do people leave their manners at home just because they have paid for a holiday? Sorry for the rant but its just so wrong.Be nice, smile, learn hello and thank you in Thai .....and amazing things happen.

Yes there are geckos (which eat the mosquitos btw), occasional ants, after all it is the tropics! Get some bug spray from the supermarket, ask the staff for assistance, its an easily resolved problem.

I love the spa, yes a bit more expensive but so luxurious, a real treat whilst on holiday and the staff extremely well trained and friendly. I wish i could remember the name of the lovely lady who did my body scrub...she was outstanding. The local massage shops are also good value. There is nail shop called the 3 monkeys which is just over the crest of t he hill, sitting in the chair having my nails done with a view of the bay and islands, think I was in the best seat in the world.

We also had some tailoring done at the second tailors from the hotel. Barrys of London. We took some clothes to be copied and they did a great job at half what I would pay at home and better material. We have used this guy before and all our clothes are still in perfect condition.

Happy hour at the lighthouse is always fun, even when there was only a small group due to low season. Pretty lights, hilarious service from Simon ( I cant spell his correct Thai name!) and the band makes for a fun few hours.

Cape Panwa is to me a unique and beautiful hotel in a quiet part of Phuket with a beach that you can swim safely at all year round (it is tidal, just read the chart left in your room and you will know the best swimming times). There are no noisy bars or a million shops. It is not a chain 5 * hotel where you wouldnt know what part of the world you are in until you left the hotel. It has charm and character. I have been lucky enough to travel around much of SE Asia in recent years and have stayed at many great hotels but this is the only one I return to as it has a special something plus the perfect beach and relaxing location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GeorgetteCanberra
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your balanced endorsement after your 5th stay with us. Your descriptive and informative review with your point of view and thoughts on your stays with us should be appreciated by experienced travellers as well as those planning their 1st stay in Phuket. Your mention of staff has been shared with them. We look forward to your soonest return for your next stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Kantary Bay, Phuket
#1 of 13 in Cape Panwa
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!