We spent two weeks at the Panwa Beach Resort from 21st December to the 3rd January 2005. The hotel was clean and well run. We did have a balcony and sea view, if you looked sideways that is. The food and service were excellent throughout our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times.
Ah the tsunami? Well, we felt the earthquake, but it was not violent, just rattled the aircon ducting really. No damage to the hotel at all. Later we were enjoying our breakfast, overlooking the pool and beach, when it struck, apparently... The first we knew of it was when we tried to book a taxi and were told that we were restricted to the hotel. On investigation, it seemed that the main wave had partially flooded the rooms at the beach level and the kiddies club, but that was it. No guests were injured, though there had been a couple of lucky escapes.
The hotel management closed the beach in case of further waves for 2 or 3 days for guest safety. All excursions by boat, or to other islands were also cancelled for a few days. At no time was there any shortages or disruptions to the hotel's running.
While the safety restrictions were in force, we took the oportunity to visit the national parks on the island, hike up to waterfalls and do some elephant trekking, which we had on our agenda anyway.
When the boat trips reopened, we were on one of the 1st trips out to Phang Nga bay to James Bond Island etc.
I would certainly not change my plans to visit the Panwa Beach Resort. It has proved to be one of the safest places to stay in Phuket and apart from some damage in Patong, Phuket is open for business. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The tranquil Panwa Boutique Beach Resort is a hidden gem situated along the natural beaches of Panwa in Phuket. This hideaway resort has a laid back tropical ambiance and exclusive seafront setting far from the well trodden west coast beaches, a sanctuary where guests can relax and rejuvenate amidst unspoilt natural beaches. Concept of boutique traveller in mind with a focus on service, guest get free WiFi, and free mini bar once a day and replenished on a daily basis. The sheltered beachfront overlooking the distant bobbing boats of Chalong Bay has pristine sands and gentle waves all-year-round making it a secure haven for romantic couples and families. The contemporary guestrooms have Thai décor highlights creating a warm and inviting space to unwind in style, just a few steps from the glistening resort pool and white sands. Offering numerous venues for dining and drinking, Panwa Boutique Beach Resort will tempt your taste buds with fresh seafood, authentic Thai cuisine and international delights. Be pampered from head to toe at our spa, explore the shopping malls and boutique stores in town just minutes away and embark on an unforgettable boat trip to many spectacular islands and beaches offshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Panwa Boutique Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Beach Resort Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Novotel Cape Panwa
- Accor Cape Panwa
- Novotel Phuket
- Phuket Novotel
- Panwa Boutique Beach Resort Cape Panwa, Phuket