I booked the Panwa Beach 4 star resort over the Panwa cape 5 star resort on the advice of the vener booking agent for my fiancés 40th birthday (a surprise). I selected the best beach front room possible from Monday the 13th until 18th of July & then requested an extra night stay as our post booked flight would have us arrive at midnight on the 12th, at this time I was told by the hotel only a garden view room was available & believed the price quoted was a little high considering the price I was paying per night for the beach front room but reluctantly agreed as they would not negotiate.
Our welcome greeting being so late was of course average but we were tired & glad to get to our room. Unbeknown to us at the time we had in fact been upgraded to a beach front ground level room which consisted of two single beds & a very old (unclean) bathroom but still thought the best of this seeing as we were moving rooms the next day. When we returned to reception to change rooms there was some confusion & we were told that was the room we had be spent the night in was our room for our entire visit, I think the look if shock on my face had enough effect that another better room was sorted??? which was the room I actually booked and paid for, so not a great start but still we were happy with the new room & optimistic.
Overall our stay was pleasant though I felt the service was extremely poor & slow at times (especially happy hour when we'd only manage to order one drink each in the space of 2 hours). It appeared there were plenty of staff on not doing much at all apart from chatting amongst themselves.
The food was good but expensive when tax of 17% was added to everything. The pool & games room a little tired but still very enjoyable. I enjoyed the complementary scuba diving lesson in the pool but only stumbled across this as another guest was insisting her daughter have this advertised opportunity.
The stay came to a unpleasant bump in the road when we discovered our room was not locking & hadn't been for a number of days, the manager eventually appeared at our request as some small amount of money was unaccounted for. The manager was initially apologetic & mentioned he work out something in the way of compensation (which was not really the point) he did begin to frustrate both myself & my fiancé when he pointed out the small print on our sign in sheet about the hotel not being responsible for any guests personal belongings whilst they were in the hotel rooms - this infuriated my fiancé as he pointed out that this condition could only be adhered to if the hotel could guaranteed the electronic door lock actually worked!
It all went a bit down hill from there & we really began to feel unwelcome so basically stayed in our room for the final day & evening.
The compensation offered was half of the amount of money missing, again this was not the entirety of my complaint, service was lacking & even though I'd mentioned on previous emails that this holiday was a birthday present - not one person said happy birthday or asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. I told the manager that the 1850 THB wasn't that much money in Australian dollars to smooth things over but that I was disappointed with the service & he had the hide to laugh whilst agreeing this was not much money to an Australian & I should have complained about the service prior. This is not in my nature & the manager did not know our personal circumstances at all, to us every dollar does count but pride stopped me from saying so.
I would not recommend this hotel based on the quality of finish inside & outside the rooms, service from all senior staff was poor & the location was not great but still good service would have made up for all of this.
We will return to Phuket early next year wiser and pay more money for a 5 star hotel closer to the central tourist area and other more swim friendly beaches as the cost of travelling anywhere decent was over 1000 BTH per day & there's nothing that special about the Panwa Beach Resort that would keep you there day in day out.
Working in customer service myself I know that going that little bit further for every client does not cost and returns 10 folds... Big lesson that the new Panwa Beach Manager must learn quickly.
At least I came back with a good tan and enjoyed the shopping :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The tranquil Panwa Boutique Beach Resort is a hidden gem situated along the natural beaches of Panwa in Phuket. This hideaway resort has a laid back tropical ambiance and exclusive seafront setting far from the well trodden west coast beaches, a sanctuary where guests can relax and rejuvenate amidst unspoilt natural beaches. Concept of boutique traveller in mind with a focus on service, guest get free WiFi, and free mini bar once a day and replenished on a daily basis. The sheltered beachfront overlooking the distant bobbing boats of Chalong Bay has pristine sands and gentle waves all-year-round making it a secure haven for romantic couples and families. The contemporary guestrooms have Thai décor highlights creating a warm and inviting space to unwind in style, just a few steps from the glistening resort pool and white sands. Offering numerous venues for dining and drinking, Panwa Boutique Beach Resort will tempt your taste buds with fresh seafood, authentic Thai cuisine and international delights. Be pampered from head to toe at our spa, explore the shopping malls and boutique stores in town just minutes away and embark on an unforgettable boat trip to many spectacular islands and beaches offshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Panwa Boutique Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Beach Resort Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Novotel Cape Panwa
- Accor Cape Panwa
- Novotel Phuket
- Phuket Novotel
- Panwa Boutique Beach Resort Cape Panwa, Phuket