What can I say, the place is falling to pieces, the décor and furnishings are more like a very bad 1 star bed and breakfast. It is definitely not a 4 star hotel. We initial booked in for 4 nights, however after one night we had to check out due the very poor hygiene standards of the room, and general run down state of the hotel. In addition the beach bar was closed, or should I say looked like it was just left to fall to pieces.
The room we stayed in was 430 which should be gutted immediately, toilet seat stained yellow with urine over the years, and the bathroom shower filthy with hair on the shower walls and floor. As for the furniture, well lets just say your more likely to win the lottery than find any decent furniture throughout this hotel.
The hotel was taken over a quite a while back by the Marco Polo group from the well respected Novotel Hotel chain. However it looks like the Marco Polo group are just letting the hotel rundown without spending any real money on maintenance, maybe they are planning a closure or major refurbishment at a latter date ?
They also need to check and change their details on the various commercial hotel booking sites such as "agoda" etc. as it is still advertised as a Novotel, with all of the original photos from when the hotel first opened many years ago. Which is what we thought we had booked and paid for, in the end we lost 3 nights money. Best to be honest and show recent photos and tell people that the hotel requires a major refurbishment.
Ended up booking into the Movenpick 5 star resort in Karon Beach, Phuket, for roughly the same price, which was a fantastic resort.
If the Marco Polo Group would like to show their professionalism and refund me for the lost 3 nights, it would be appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The tranquil Panwa Boutique Beach Resort is a hidden gem situated along the natural beaches of Panwa in Phuket. This hideaway resort has a laid back tropical ambiance and exclusive seafront setting far from the well trodden west coast beaches, a sanctuary where guests can relax and rejuvenate amidst unspoilt natural beaches. Concept of boutique traveller in mind with a focus on service, guest get free WiFi, and free mini bar once a day and replenished on a daily basis. The sheltered beachfront overlooking the distant bobbing boats of Chalong Bay has pristine sands and gentle waves all-year-round making it a secure haven for romantic couples and families. The contemporary guestrooms have Thai décor highlights creating a warm and inviting space to unwind in style, just a few steps from the glistening resort pool and white sands. Offering numerous venues for dining and drinking, Panwa Boutique Beach Resort will tempt your taste buds with fresh seafood, authentic Thai cuisine and international delights. Be pampered from head to toe at our spa, explore the shopping malls and boutique stores in town just minutes away and embark on an unforgettable boat trip to many spectacular islands and beaches offshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Panwa Boutique Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Beach Resort Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Novotel Cape Panwa
- Accor Cape Panwa
- Novotel Phuket
- Phuket Novotel
- Panwa Boutique Beach Resort Cape Panwa, Phuket