1,202 results
All reviewsthe grillpool villapavilion roomfree laundrypremier sea viewlibrary loungeelectric blindsbuggy servicefree mini barevening cocktailslaundry servicemain gatephuket townkids clubour honeymoonrooftop barthai food
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Visited during August. Tried their 5 day detox wellness program. Awesome experience. My first detox. They made me feel comfortable. The program director is very attentive and hands on.
The resort is nice. Loads of healthy eating options. The views are amazing. Booked the pool villa and was impressed with the layout and space.
The resort is about an hour away from the tourist centres so it is perfect if somebody is looking to relax and detoxify.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank 254saurabh
Team_Amatara, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Dear 254saurabh
Many thanks for your kind words on your recent wellness visit. We're glad to read you had a fantastic time, and we all look forward to welcoming you back again hopefully soon! Until then we remain

Reviewed July 22, 2018

The experience we had at Amatara was unforgettable - it was always going to be the holiday of a lifetime for myself and my Mum (it is so rare we can take time off at the same time!). But the attention to detail, extras, attentiveness, love and care with which your team looked after us which made it so much more than we could have expected.

From the moment we stepped off the plane - after a somewhat draining 24 hour journey to get to Phuket - and into the lovely air-conditioned van, complete with custom-made hydrating juice, refresher towels and ice-cold water, my spirits started to lift.

The smooth user experience continued at our arrival; as we were met with refreshments and warmly welcomed by your wonderful team in your breathtaking reception area.

To then get to the room and be greeted by the beautiful flower petal welcome message on the bed solidified that this was going to be one special holiday. (The extra mile that your housekeeping team goes to each day also continued throughout our stay - please thank them again for us!)

We loved the room - the layout is spectacular and spacious and really appreciated the pool - using it at least twice a day! Of course, a special mention needs to go to that incredible bathroom.

The staff at The Retreat became friends over the trip - Nook, Yon and Lee in particular were just wonderful. Despite many years running events and attending them in the PR & Marketing world, I have not come across such attentive staff in Australia - I think we could learn a thing or two about hospitality from the Thai people!

The breakfasts and dinners at The Retreat paired with the library afternoon teas and sunset mocktails rounded out the outstanding food and beverage experience. I am a health nut and it was wonderful to not have to worry about my menu selection - to know that the meals had been carefully selected and prepared by a team which blended nutrition, excitement, tastiness and quality into each dish was such a refreshing change from having to trawl the menu for what is normally a small and limited "healthy options" section.

The treatments we enjoyed at the spa were the icing on the cake - the Thai Hammam experience was just incredible - I have not felt like such a princess since my wedding! The purpose-built facility has to be seen to be believed. I was enthralled by the intricate mosaic tiling, and the overall aesthetics certainly make you feel like you've been drawn into another, more elegant time. The deep massage was the best massage I have had in a very long time. And Mum absolutely loved her treatments also.

If you need time out, a bit of a boost to your wellness or a complete overhaul of your health and wellbeing, I think you can rest assured the team will take care of this.

I will be back!

Room Tip: Ocean View Pool villa is incredible!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah T
Team_Amatara, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Sarah T
Thank you so much for your extensive review and kind words on your recent stay. We are of course delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your mum back again to Phuket's only dedicated luxury wellness resort! Until then we remain
With our best wishes and regards

Reviewed July 21, 2018

I booked a 5 day yoga retreat with a couple of extra days added on. Arrived feeling totally shattered but after the Hamman experience and a massage, I felt much more human and ready to start my holiday! Room - excellent, full of amenities, including water and herbal teas and even a beach bag which was useful. Food - also excellent - dined at the Retreat restaurant for breakfast and lunch (only one meal here I didn't like - the fish tasted odd, like it had been rinsed in water with chemicals) - and the food at the Grill was EXCELLENT! exemplary service and quality of food. I had spa treatments - massages, can recommend the facial reflexology - I had a lot of tension in my face from a lot of dental work I'd had done pfeviously and this totally relaxed it. Wasn't so keen on the indian head massage - too much gentle playing with my hair rather than a good massage!
Every staff member was lovely and helpful.
I went as a solo traveller - my first time and I can thoroughly recommend it if you are travelling alone - a very comfortable and relaxed place to go for a retreat.
My only negative comment is that I had booked the Yoga Retreat and didn't find out till I got there that the yoga teacher was on holiday and whilst Phoebe (Wellness Manager) did give me some great one-to-one sessions, I would have preferred to know beforehand that not everything was going to be available and I would have then modified my programme.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank marian2500
Team_Amatara, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Dear marian2500
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay. It was a pleasure to have you with us, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again hopefully soon! Until then we remain
With best wishes & regards

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We had been to Sri Panwa at Cape Panwa twice,each time staying in an ocean view pool villa. This time we thought we wanted a change, so we chose Amatara Wellness Resort, staying in their ocean view pool villa as well.

The resort is older and the views from the villa are not as nice. However if you stayed 3 or more nights, they include airport transfers. The other added attraction was 8 pieces of complimentary laundry a day. Complimentary daily afternoon tea. This was where we met Nui, who wandered up to us to say hello. We started chatting and lamented that we were unable to find a dessert called tabtim crop. She said no problems, she was going into Phuket town the following day and would buy it for us.

Sure enough she did and we had a delicious serve of it that afternoon.

Now it does not get better than that...

That earned the resort an extra star!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Team_Amatara, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear jimmy c
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us (and were able to indulge in some local dessert). We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon and remain

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent a couple of nights here. First point is that it’s about an hours drive from the airport. If you book through their website they will do the pick up and return for free, well worth it. We had Ocean Pavilion , very quiet, spacious and comfortable. However the restaurant was less than average in terms of food quality and service but the prices are top whack! Chicken and cashew nuts for lunch on first day was very disappointing. Low quality pieces of chicken and sauce was not nice at all. Coffee at breakfast and afternoon was terrible, weak and no flavor. Such a shame in what otherwise would have been a 4/5 star experience.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Khunclive
Team_Amatara, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Dear Khunclive
Many thanks for your feedback. We are most grateful for any constructive feedback and regret that our chicken & cashew nuts-dish and coffee was not up to your expectations (personal tastes and preferences notwithstanding). We will certainly share your comments with all concerned for their further review. Meanwhile we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon and remain until then