“Location, location, location!”

Amatara Wellness Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have just returned from a week's stay at this hotel staying in a private villa with pool and I have to say, no matter how hard the staff may try to make your stay acceptable, they can't fix the poor location and blandness of this hotel. Walking around the site can be difficult in the extreme heat because of the extreme hilly nature of the terrain. Also, the private breakfast and afternoon tea area which has restricted views is a mosquito frenzy in the evenings so ensure you wear lots of anti mozzy spray for your cocktails!! The beach is small and frankly disappointing The views from our first south facing villa was dreadful so we moved to 46 which was better. All in all, average accommodation, ubiquitous hotel, boring evenings and overall, very disappointing!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
RegentPhuket, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear christine h,

Warm greetings from Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Thank you for choosing us for your Phuket holiday. We hope you enjoyed the sun, sand and sea.

Your review is contrast to other reviewers. We are surprised to read that you found our resort is blandness. Our resort is uniquely designed by Blink Design group, the leading luxury hospitality design company who has just won Silver Award in the Hotel Space category at the 2013 Asia Pacific Interior Design Awards for its work on Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Obviously, the resort interior reflects the warmth of Asian hospitality yet perfect blend with modern technology, e.g. the wireless internet access through out the resort, the universal plug is all guest rooms, electric curtain which you can just push a button and enjoy the sea view from your bed, the censored night light..etc. We hope you appreciate these extra details.

We are sorry to read you had a difficult time walking through the nature hills. In Thailand, March-April is the hottest time of the year. It could be very hot for walking around under the sun. That’s why we have efficient buggy service to assist when guests would like to move around quickly. We wish that our Concierge services knew about this so we could send the buggy team to assist you.

Our resort regularly undertaking the pest control and provide the repelling kit in all guestrooms. We are sorry to hear that there were still mosquitoes disturbed you. We took your constructive comments as recommendations in order to improve our services and to ensure your next stay will be very pleasant.

Located in an unspoiled corner of Cape Panwa, the resort is far enough to keep our guests away from hustle and bustle tourist areas. However, our resort is only 30 minutes drive to Patong- nightlife area. Our guests are offered with a daily shuttle service between resort and Patong. This service enables guests to enjoy evenings, exploring Phuket nightlife.

All in all, It is only through the guest feedback that we will be able to maintain our commitment to service excellence. We thank you for sharing with us your comment and hope to be at your service again.

Warm regards,
Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My Husband and I stayed with our 1 year old son for 12 nights at the Regent Phuket Cape Panwa and had a relaxing and luxurious stay.
Before i tell you about the actual resort I have to comment on the fantastic staff and management. All of the managers and directors of the various departments are on hand constantly around the resort checking if everything is to the guests satisfaction! We met on many occassions, Meriyn the F&B director and the housekeeping director. We were also asked to meet with the General Manager on our last night to talk about our stay, you can tell that the management wants to get everything right and keep the resort to a high 5 star level.
We stayed in a Private Pool Villa. (Number 34 and 47)
The Pool villa's are lovely with breathtaking views and a beautiful bedroom, lounge and amazing bathroom with a giant circular bath that took in the amazing views. The pool was large enough for the three of us (about 6m*2.5m) and we mainly swam here. We also swam at the main infinity pool and the one at the Regency club lounge. The beach at this resort is quite small and not really good for swimming but there are some sun lounges there for sun baking, we found the pools a better option for us.
We ate most meals at the resort, we tried the all day dining which was a combination of Thai and Western food and found the service and quality to be of a high standard. We ate a lot of room service by our pool and found it to be the best room service food that we have ever had, we had everything from Thai, Pasta, Pizza and burgers. The food always arrived quickly and most importantly HOT! It was set out nicely on our outdoor settlng so we felt like it was a nice experience. We had two meals at the Grill Restaurant (whilst our baby slept in his pram) and found this to be some of the best food we have been served in recent times, we had the Lobster and the Phuket King prawns and everything was delicious! The service at both restaurants was outstanding and we found that both the food and wine to be very reasonably priced.
Our room included club benefits that included laundry, breakfast, afternoon high tea and a cocktail hour to be taken at the club lounge or at the bar above the Grill Restaurant, we mainly took the happy hour at the bar at the Grill as we enjoyed the higher view and the breeze that came with its location.
The housekeeping was to a very high level, and we could request a time of the day for the room to be serviced, this was great for us as it limited the disturbance to our baby.
We took our baby to the Kids Club to play each day (the parent must stay when the child is younger than 4 years old) and it was great, the staff are very friendly and really engaged each child. There is also a small covered pool here. I have to thank all of the Kids club staff we can't wait to come back and see you again, especially Ooh.
My husband had a few massages at the spa and really enjoyed them, he thought it was reasonably priced for a 5 star resort.
The easiest way to get around the resort is with a golf buggy as it is on a steep hill, we never waited more than about 5 minutes to get a cart and the drivers were always friendly.
There are a few local restaurants, shops and massage places within walking distance from the hotel and it is about 20 minutes by taxi away from phuket Town.
We found this resort to be perfect for our family, it was a truly relaxing luxurious experience away from the chaos that is Patong!

PROS
Views
Location
Staff
Villa
Pool

CONS

Sorry can't think of any as it is by far the best resort experience we have had in recent times.

Room Tip: We stayed at room 34 for the first week, it is located at the bottom of the hill near the beach,The...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sal_cooma
RegentPhuket, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Sal_cooma,

A warm greeting from Regent Phuket Cape Panwa to you and your family.

Thank you for posting you review. It is rewarding to read your 12 nights spent with us was a real luxurious experience.

We don’t have much to say here as you have already given a detailed review. We believe other reviewers would appreciate your detailed review too.

It seems that our Regent Club is the star of this luxurious stay. Thank you for highlight the club benefits. Also we appreciate your your compliment of khun Ooh our Kid’s Club attendant who looked after and entertained your little boy

We hope you had a pleasant journey back home and we look forward to your return to our resort on your next family getaway.

Tropical regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I booked this hotel in error, and tried to cancel, realizing it was not on the preferred "west coast". Booking a hotel in Phuket seemed to be my biggest challenge in planning my trip to Thailand. Where were the best beaches? Best tours? Best location? I was more than pleasantly surprised to stay at this beautiful hotel with a gracious and attentive staff. The hotel was truly a 5 star resort! The pool was amazing, with breathtaking panoramic views. The town itself was quiet, but offered outdoor markets, good food and a friendly barkeep at the Sunset Bar, named Russell, who gave us wonderful advice and tips on visiting beautiful beaches!

Room Tip: When you arrive, ask to see the views from 2 different sides of the hotel. Choose what's best fo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear jackiev718,

Good morning on another beautiful day at Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Thank you for sharing your positive review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that our beautiful resort with gracious and attentive hosts amazes you.

You were delight with the resort location, the breathtaking views, the giant outdoor pool, good food and great services, especially pool attendant. Thank you for your compliment of our Bartender- Khun Russel. He would be delighted to read that you appreciate his recommendation about the beaches.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your next holiday in Phuket and please let us surprise you more.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I would like to start from the point when I did the booking in this hotel. I'm traveling with my friend and it was crucial for me to have a two separate beds in the room (twin). Thus, before the booking to be completed I have sent a request to the hotel if there are twin rooms and received a confirmation that such type of room is available. However, after the booking was done it took me to write about 20 e-mails for confirmation that I get a twin room (as while reserving there was no such option). But the definite answer I managed to get only after a phone call to the hotel!

Therefore, by arrival I have discovered that instead of two separate beds I get one bed bed but with two separate mattresses. What's that?! Ok, I was so happy finally to get to resort and decided not to complain. But truly saying staff initially could just tell me that they have no twin rooms in the hotel.

The second thing was the room service. I ordered a salad and got a hair inside it as "compliment". Therefore, I asked to take away the food but there was no reaction from the room service staff and they even included the salad into my bill. That made me really upset and frustrated as I do expect a high level of service from a 5 star hotel! So after that I decided to complain because it was too much for me really. It had effect and later in the evening manager called with apologies. But the impression was already spoiled!

The third thing is the laundry service. They managed to spoil 4 pieces of my friends clothes and again no reaction and/or apologies from staff.

The fourth, wi-fi connection is terrible! They are trying to fix it all the time but it helps just for a while.

The food at the restaurant is good occasionally. Like for breakfast menu Asian dishes are simply not good (wonton soup, udon noodle, etc.). The buffet is quiet limited for breakfast (pastries, few fresh fruits, choice of two kind of fish and two type of hams, corn flakes, etc.). Thus, after one week you get quiet fed up of breakfast.

The beach is very very small and stony so when the water comes not so close to the shore you can not swim there besides there is a parking for cargo and passenger ships so the water can be quiet dirty around. So if you prefer to stay beside the pool then it will be ok for you.

In general, I give 5 to the amenities of the hotel but 1 for really poor service. It's managers still have to work hard in order to bring the service to the 5 star level.

I am staying in this hotel till 29th of March so ready to answer your questions.

Hope that my review was useful and helpful for you.

Have a nice day!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bizagenta
RegentPhuket, General Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Bizagenta,

A warm greetings from Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share so many details of your stay and for giving us overall good mark on Amenities. I have taken note of all comments and please rest assured that these are being addressed with the team. I see that you have expressed strongly your opinions on some of the aspects of your stay, therefore I would like to reply to some comments.

Regarding the Twin bed issue, you did communicate 3 times regarding this issue and before we can answer we had to wait for your side to confirm on which date you were planning to stay with us as we do have a limited number of rooms with have the twin Hollywood mattress.

With regard to the hair in the soup, I sincerely apologize. That should never happen. I believe our F&B director went to see you on that evening to apologize and erase the entire bill of that meal from your expense folio.

In regards to the wi-fi connection, unfortunately during your time with us we did experiment some technical issue out of our control (outside Internet provider) and every time our technicians attended your request.

Your comments regarding our breakfast have been taken in consideration and these are a big surprise as generally most of the comments are praising our breakfast and yes we did opted for a “ quality over quantity” concept which means that rather to have a huge buffet line up with low quality products we provide the freshest bakery, Iberico ham, smoked salmon ,organic yogurt ,fresh fruits selection ,homemade jam and freshly cooked hot items.

For the laundry service, you did send us 5 pieces, which after checking we found that 4 of them had some stain on it, then we did return and didn’t process on the washing.

Our beach is small and intimate and yes is subject to the low and high tide, the water quality is frequently controlled by the authorities and is completely safe and our beach cleaner are passing frequently to ensure the cleanliness of the beach.

Its always disappointing when you don’t score high marks with your guests however I felt in some way disappointed as I spent time talking to you before your posting went online and overall you were happy about the services provided, I even did propose you to finish your stay in a pool villa which you decline and ask for a late check out instead which we had no objection and kindly offered.

All in all, thank you for your review. Sadly we have not impressed you for what is one of our hallmarks, excellent service. We make treasure of your comments and will share it with the team who I am sure will promptly react to make it right.

Brice Borin

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Regent Phuket Cape Panwa. Room selection was Pavilion with sea view. We really enjoyed our stay there.
Pros:
1. Clean resort and room
2. Free laundry services
3. The Grill restaurant was superb!
4. Great view
5. Quiet and serene surroundings
6. Awesome breakfast selection

Cons:
1. There's no bar or pub grub food/drinks. Everything was luxurious and high-class.

Tips:
1. For cheaper local delicacies and massage, take a buggy to the main gate, and walk 5 minutes to the beach area.
2. For airport transfer, do check our PhuketShuttle. It's reliable and more cost efficient.
3. If you are looking for night markets and city buzz, go to other parts of Phuket. This place is sheer paradise for complete relaxation.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Heysoek
RegentPhuket, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Heysoek,

Warm greetings from the luxurious sanctuary, Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Thank you for posting you review following you stay with us. We are glad your 3 nights with us was an enjoyable. And we truly appreciate you highlighted the value added provided at our resort.

Even though our resort is situated in an unspoiled corner of Phuket island, we offer daily shuttle service to Patong nightlife destination. We hope that you had made use of it during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back for another luxury experience soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a true 5 star hotel with beautiful rooms, a great infinity pool and all the little things that make this hotel stand out!

I stayed here for 1 night in March and regret not having booked more nights here! All the room pictures are accurate and the deep bath overlooking the water was the highlight in the room. There are also little extras like free minibar (softdrinks only) and thai sweets. Hotel also used loccitane products which is great for swimmers hair!

Spent half the time at the infinity pool, prices are not cheap but not too over the top either. Plus the staff will bring you cold face towels and ice pops during your sun-baking.

Overall, a great resort for privacy and relaxation, will definitely come back next time!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Freq_traveller10
RegentPhuket, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Freq_traveller10,
Warm greetings from a beautiful day at Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. It was a shame that you could stay only one night with us, we also wish you could stay longer.

Nevertheless, it is nice to read that you had a relaxing one-night stay, you enjoyed the comfort of our suite and in-room amenities. We agree with you that our great infinity pool is a feature that make our resort stand out. And we are happy to learn that the leisure time spent by our pool overlooking the Andaman, along with caring services of our Pool Attendants was a memorable experience.

We look forward to your return to this beautiful resort again, hopefully longer stay.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This resort is truly breathtaking! From the moment we arrived we were greeted and assisted by the wonderful friendly staff. Our room was gorgeous with a great bathroom. Breakfast was delicious. The swimming pool area is fantastic looking out to the sea and oh my gosh all the different views from this place!! Amazing!!!! The grill restaurant and the grill bar was terrific! Celebrated my fiance's 30th here and they provided us with a complementary cake. Just a great place to relax and enjoy the finer things in life. However if your after the party scene and where the streets are crowded with people this probably wont be the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jezlyn
RegentPhuket, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Jezlyn,

Thank you for posting your finest feedbacks on TripAdvisor and also for choosing us for your special occasion; it is our most pleasure having you and your fiancé.

Certainly our outdoor pool overlooking the Andaman is breath-taking, you really enjoyed the relaxation time at our resort. You were also delighted with the comfort of our room, finest amenities, delicious food and the wonderful services of our team members.

We hope that you and your fiancé will visit us again soon, perhaps at your wedding celebrations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa
COMO Point Yamu
COMO Point Yamu
#1 of 2 in Pa Khlok

Been to Amatara Wellness Resort? Share your experiences!