We stayed in Feb 2014 (2 wks after Chinese New Year) so the resort was very quite. We had an amazing room (pavilion), the pool is fantastic, food is great.
Good to know:
- 45 min drive from airport, luxe pick up 600$hk one way
- beach (directly at the resort) in nice but not as nice as Koh Samui or Cebu
- rooms are specious, clean and the overall design of the resort is amazing, very well maintained everything looks clean and brand new.
- lot of steps in the resort
- not particularly kid friendly, better suited for couples
- remote from city centre, so will spent most (or all like us) days in the resort or plan a daytrip to the outlying islands
- room - pavillion seaview - AMAZING
- food / drinks resonable prices
- room - great, spacious, clean - amazing view balcony
- nice breakfast, free range / organic eggs & raw juices
- great pool!!
- mid feb: perfect weather, very quite
- airport transfer & warm welcome
- friendly & helpfull staff
- the grill amazing food quality & the thai food as well as breakfast
- Valentines set dinner really nice
- golf cart pickup readily available
- spacious, new and beautifully designed rooms. Clean & fresh design of the resort.
- allround free wifi, no password, really good
Cons/ to improve:
- not sure if it offers enough space at pool in peak-season (if like us you are not attracted to the beach places they can offer)
- (f&b) staff all very friendly, but too junior and could use training. Some spoke very poor English, even basic orders went wrong at poolside & breakfast.
- corona was out of stock for all off our stay, I would expect this class resort to be more resourceful and make sure stock is there when guests request.
- in general it would be a great improvement if more senior staff would be available to guide the juniors and assist in case of need.
In general it was the best stay so far, so in all highly recommend and hope to go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amatara Wellness Resort located on the southeastern tip of Phuket Island, 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport featuring 105 suites and villas, each with its own private balcony and sea view. The resort offers luxury and serenity experience for those who are looking for a relaxing leisure holiday as well as health-oriented treatments and programs. The resort is now offering the world first and only ‘Thai Hammam Journey’, the unique relaxing treatment that blends Tukkish and Moroccan bathing practices together with the wisdom and art of luxury Thai spa treatment available only at Amatara Wellness Resort. While Wellness membership program is also available starting from one month to 12 month program, a ‘One Day Wellness” Package for spa and detox as well as a la carte spa, physiotherapy, detox holistic treatments and fitness trainings are also available every day from 10am - 8pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amatara Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amatara Wellness Resort Cape Panwa, Phuket