“Awesome”

Amatara Wellness Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Decided to stay for 2 nights but extended another 2 nights. The place is awesome, great views, excellent food and wine, fantastic staff and facilities and our room was like a giant apartment with a pool. The daily breakfast was fantastic and very relaxing.

Would highly recommend this as your choice in Cape Panwa.

1  Thank JoseAlfredoOro
RegentPhuket, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear JoseAlfredoOro,

Warm greetings from Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It is nice to read that your stay with us was “Awesome”.

You had a relaxing stay, enjoyed our facilities including the Pool Villa, the food and services. We appreciate that you would recommend us to other travellers.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you at our resort again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was my first time in Phuket and after reading all the reviews on TA I decided to book a room for 2 nights.

I have stayed in a few hotels as I do travel a lot but this has been one of the best stays in a long time.

The views were breathtaking, the service was very good and the food was exceptional.

Given that the Hotel was build recently the rooms were well furnished.

The Spa was exceptional as I had a couple of hours to spend before my trip to the Airport. They also provided me with a Day Room which was a great gesture as I had to wait for a few hours. Hats off Regent.

The private beach was an added attraction that makes it a good selling point.

Do note that you have to spend at least 600 Thai Baht to go to Phuket Town Centre and around 900-1000 THB to the Airport and takes around an hour from the Airport to the Hotel.

I would definitely stay in the Hotel next time as it was a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy the luxuries of life.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sunil K
RegentPhuket, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Sunil K,

Warm greetings from Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Thank you for posting your review. How nice to read you enjoyed the luxurious life during your stay with us.

You obviously have different view to some previous reviewers in the point of the beach. Yes, its privacy and tranquil can be an added selling point of our resort.

Thank you for your recommendation that travelers may need to spend at least THB600 to go to Phuket Town, which is just 15 minutes from our resort. In fact, our resort provides guests a pleasant journey to explore Phuket Town, by offering shuttle van services between resort and Central Festival Phuket is available 2 times daily and with complimentary for our guests.

We are glad that you already mentioned that you would stay with us on next trip in Phuket. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent 15 days in this hotel for our honeymoon and have nothing to criticize! The welcome was very pleasant (especially after 16 hours of travel) flowers and iced tea with cinnamon and honey immediately sets the tone. The suites are beautiful, quiet and spotlessly clean. The price of the room understand many things that make the difference: mini-bar included 4 pieces of linen washed / ironed daily, shower products and quality bath (Occitan), mineral water provided, breakfast was excellent and varied, excellent service from a very attentive staff. We have benefited greatly from the extremely nice pool, thank you to the "pool boys" for their little touches every day (they bring a small bottle of water, iced tea, fruit skewer or orange ice during your bath) Please note that room service is not overloaded, ideal for dinner quickly and quietly in his room after a busy day (order from iPad chamber lent at beginning of stay). The hotel is located away from the tourist and animated parts of the island, but Phuket town is easily accessible by taxi (500B) or thanks to the free shuttles to the mall (just take a taxi to 200B to the city center) Difficult to find points to criticize, the hotel beach is not very big, but very nice and clean, you will be offered kayaking, do not hesitate to get around the course to discover other points of view. One thing is sure, we will come back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Floyd C
RegentPhuket, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Floyd C,

Warm greetings from Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Thank you for posting your review. We are delighted to read that your 15 nights stay with us was an absolutely pleasant that you had nothing to criticize.

Regent Phuket Cape Panwa definitely has a privilege location in Phuket being a privacy resort in a tranquil corner of Phuket. You appreciated the comfortable of our beautiful Suite. And YES, its included amenities; ipad , free internet, minibar, daily laundry services, the quality bath are the value added and make the difference and you seem to have made the most of it.

It is nice that you enjoyed the time relaxing by the pool and thank you for your compliment of Pool Attendant for his attentive and excellent service provided.

Thank you for mentioning that you will come back. We have already look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had gone to phuket from 18 to 21 Oct 2013 and it has been one of the best trip so far. I make yearly trips to phuket but this is the best so far. The service was awesome, the breakfast was fantastic, the rooms were fabulous. Each room come with a ipad and you are able to order food from the iPad. The wide selection of movie was another plus point. The infinity pool had a fantastic view of the sea. the staffs paid well attention to us as they prepare 2 towels & mineral water while we were swimming in the pool. The SPA was another highlight of the trip. I went for a 2 hour 30 min package. The couple room had a magnificent view and the massage was simply relaxing. If I were to find fault with this hotel is they are a little understaff for the morning buffet. It will be perfect if they can add a few more staff to cope with the crowd. However, the breakfast spread was very good. ANd we could consume everything that was available at the minibar. Thumbs up!

Regent has gone past my expectation of a 5 star hotel. Impressed.

Dear l0vetraveltheworld,

Warm greetings from Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Thank you for sharing your rewarding review on Trip Advisor. It is great to read that you experienced the wonderful stay with us.

It seems that you loved spa pretty much, especially our sea viewed double spa treatment room. We hope that you had a great retreat and felt so much relief after the spa treatment.

We are sorry to read about the experienced at the buffet breakfast when it was very crowed. We will share this constructive comment to our Restaurant team and we took your comment as recommendations in order to improve our services. It is only through the guest feedback that we will be able to maintain our commitment to service excellence.

Once again, thank you for choosing us for this yearly trip. We wish to be at your service again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights/four days as part of a special 60th birthday and retirement holiday. I find it hard to think how this hotel could be bettered. The pavilion accommodation was very sophisticated with every modern need anticipated and provided for. Many things are included which are paid for as extras in other hotels - ipads, laundry, mini bar etc. There are activities such as yoga and fitness that you can join in with. The staff were wonderfully attentive. My husband has some mobility difficulties and he loved the fact that you could just dial for a buggy which would instantly appear and take you anywhere on the site. On our final day our flight was at midnight and we were provided with a great room to relax and shower in (free of charge) until we left for the airport. Swimming in the stunning infinity pool, overlooking the nearby islands, was a memorable experience. Breakfast was excellent with a high level menu. Anyone who can stay there is very lucky and I would recommend it unreservedly. It would suit anyone except groups of young people who might want more active night life nearby. It is only a few hundred yards down the drive and road to the tip of Cape Panwa and the Aquarium, although the Cape offers limited facilities outside of the hotels.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Pavilion room which was very spacious and private, with excellent facilities, set ami...
1  Thank BoltonMaltesers

Dear BoltonMaltesers,

Warm greetings from Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

Thank you for taking time post your review about our resort on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to serve you and your husband during your recent retired holiday in Phuket.

How wonderful to read “5 stars” rating is not enough for us! We are glad that our spacious Pavilion provided you the comfortable and privacy stayed during all three nights with us. Apart from the efficient Buggy Service, we hope you also took the advantage of the amenities provided including the complimentary daily replenishment coffee and tea, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks.

We are proud that our Regent’s way of excellent service and hospitality complemented your special 60th birthday celebration.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plan allow, or another birthday celebration.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

On the first day of our stay, there were minor glitches here and there; shower was broken, slippers missing, broken blind on balcony door, noisy air con.. Pretty much things we could still tolerate hence we did not fuss. It's our first family holiday with our 11 months old baby so we just want to have good family time without unnecessary complaint spoiling the experience.

However we noticed there's something missing from the service. The service staffs were polite with trained smile, but we're not sure if they were really happy and that put us in awkward situations especially when we approach them for assistance as if we're troubling them. However, we decided to break the ice with the service staff in the restaurant and some of them responded better after that.

On the third day, during breakfast, I asked one of the staffs to help steam my baby's porridge. Fa, who helped us do that the previous day, was not available hence another staff helped. After five minutes, we checked but were told not yet. We checked again twice, each five minutes apart but again we're told not yet. A moment later, another staff brought the porridge and to my shocked the porridge left to a quarter bowl and was burnt! The staff was just smiling when I asked what happened, then with limited English he said, like you asked, microwave. They actually microwaved my baby organic porridge for over 15 minutes and burned it. To cut the story short, I managed to ask the chef to cook another bowl of porridge (after 30 minutes of repeat instructions), as closest to my baby's. But it took them too long and my baby's eating time passed. I requested to speak with the GM, Brice Borin, to provide our feedback and at the same time, expecting a sincere apology. But I was shocked and appalled for the second time when he responded with utmost insincerity and didn't even apologize. He was very defensive and just told me he would check. Not even a sincere word of apology, only a brief sorry before he turned away and left. Wow.

Hotel facility is okay, nothing we felt extraordinary since we expected more out of the service. Yet it was a total let down. The service staff making a mistake was something that should stay minor, for it's the leader's job to answer for and correct the mistake. And in most cases, listening ears and a sincere apology simply would settle the case.

The hotel service department is most likely reply to this write-up and say a lengthy explanation, but what we hope for is a change of service attitude, starting from the top. Hospitality is a 'heart' business, ultimately service from the heart is the only way to deliver the great customer experience. And to have service from the heart, the staffs have to be happy first.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Rita M
RegentPhuket, General Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Rita M,

Please let me begin by extending a word of thanks for your review of your stay at Regent Phuket. Although, as today comments we receive have been overwhelmingly positive, I appreciate your feedback as it allows us to attend to any issues observed thus ensuring our dedication to the complete satisfaction of our guests remains our prime goal. If you felt that you have not received the level of assistance that you expected then I would like to apologize.

I was very surprised to hear that there is “something missing from the service” when a large majority of other comments on Tripadvisor and on other social media are highlighting the quality and the warm service provided at our resort, I will address to my team regarding this aspect.

With regard to the incident of the breakfast, yes we did apologize, my chef and myself for the mistake on the cooking of Sarah’s food. By the fact that we didn’t have the organic pumpkin that morning, I also assured you that organic food was on the way to be delivered and our employee will be briefed on the cooking method of your organic baby food which had been cooked perfectly well the two previous mornings. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you feel my apology was insincere and you didn’t appreciate the apologize note with the Teddy Bear and the selection of red fruits we sent to Sarah.

May I end by saying that I hope my explanations over your comments are satisfactory because I can only reiterate that both myself and the entire team are solely dedicated to your complete satisfaction.

It was an absolute pleasure to serve both you and your family. And we hope that on your next trip to Phuket you would do us the honor of choosing us as your accommodation once again.

Brice Borin

Reviewed October 20, 2013

What can you say about Regent Phuket Cape Panwa that has not been said before. The place is just simply FANTASTIC, and the staff are 100% committed to the enjoyment and relaxation of their guests.
My wife had sustained a knee injury before arriving at Cape Panwa and had difficulty in walking. Well the staff there, in my opinion, went way above and beyond their duties to ensure that she was comfortable. Their service standards were high and were always conscientious, polite and attentive to your needs.
We stayed for seven days and wish we could've stayed longer. Our room was very private and spacious, with a clean and comfy bed, an oversize bath tub overlooking our private infinity pool and a great view of the ocean. Also included was a complementary bar, and also a complementary laundry service for 8 pieces per day.
We will be, without doubt, be returning there for our next holiday and will be recommending the Regent to anyone who is considering a holiday in Phuket.
A special thanks to Tae, Pop, Sandy, Sun and Magic, who amongst others too many to mention, made our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RegentPhuket, Manager at Amatara Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Ms. ross b,

Warm greetings from Regent Phuket Cape Panwa.

We wish you were still with us too. Thank you so much for sharing your rewarding review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to learn that your stayed with us like your were in a paradise.

It is nice to read that you were enjoying the comfort at our Pool Villa and its amenities including alcoholic beverage minibar, 8 pieces of laundry service daily, ipad and Internet. We believe our Resort Butler also was at your service and made your stay fantastic.

We appreciate your compliments of our team members, Tae, Pop, Sandy, Sun and Magic and everybody. We are proud of them, for their attentive cares and always go beyond guest’s expectation.

Thank you for your kind recommending us to others and we have already looked forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Been to Amatara Wellness Resort? Share your experiences!