Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
$391
$337
Hotels.com
Amatara Wellness Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$253
$176
Official Site
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$137
Agoda.com
Panwa Boutique Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$70
$58
Trip.com
Bandara Phuket Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$49
$39
Agoda.com
By The Sea(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$42
$40
The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$46
$40
Agoda.com
My Beach Resort Phuket(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$115
$36
$29
Hotels.com
Bandara Villas Phuket(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$322
$252
Agoda.com
All reviewsbeachfront resortloft pool suitesam's kitchenmosaic restaurantlow tidelobby loungesea viewphuket panwa beachprivate beachbeautiful hotelchinese touristsbreakfast buffetwelcome drinkfamily suitekids poolmin drivekids club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were attracted by this newly opened hotel with nice sea view from the hotel web-site. But after we arrived, we found quite disappointed with the beach is not suitable for swimming though there were some people did go down the water during our stay. The water was not clear & the sands were very rough! Then we realized that the water on this side could only suitable for other kind of water activities like kayaking. So we learnt from this experience.

We stayed in the room on 3/F facing the (outdoor) Lobby Lounge which was no privacy at all, got to closed the curtain all the time. So we paid extra to spend another 2 nights in the Facing Ocean room with peaceful sea view & huge balcony! We like this room very much & also the free Wifi is convenience for us.

The Thai buffet dinner we had on Dec 8 was delicious & the Chef was nice too! We met the waiter (Nuts) in Mosaic Restaurant who was so kind to introduce the places for sight seeing nearby. Ms Pui from Front Office was very nice & helpful with sweet smile whenever we saw her. But housekeeping staff need more training & they seemed not understanding with no wording or expressionless when we asked for something.

The complimentary mugs were a bit stained & we did ask for new one but there we no action taken at all!

Anyway the facilities in this hotel are still new, if not care about swimming in the sea, it is OK for staying in the hotel for few days to unwind. Gotta get taxi to go out each time cause the shuttle bus time table really confusing & not convenience.

Room Tip: Room 2418 is good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wai Kit L
DenisMartin_HKT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2015

Dear Wai Kit L,

thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you're looking for a very simple resort with a good pool, a beach, and good value, then this is an excellent resort. Very worth the money for what it is, but don't expect any bells and whistles as if you would stay at a Ritz Carlton resort (such as fountains everywhere, people to greet you with lei's at the door, excellent service). You will get what you pay for with the Crowne Plaza Panwa, which is spacious rooms, perfectly fine service which was in fact very friendly and helpful, and a nice, modern, open lobby/room/resort set up as a whole. It's a great place to stay if you are looking to save a bit of money on the hotel room to instead spend elsewhere such as on day excursions (as we did).

Beware though- the tide in this bay is very strange and recedes completely everyday. So from about 12 noon until 7pm the entire sea is gone! The tide recedes all the way back to outside the bay so there is no afternoon swimming or kayaking in the ocean. Wish we had known that before hand!

Short trip to Phuket City which is always good for meals, but a bit farther away from Patong- about 45min to 1 hr.

Room Tip: Grand Sea Room is very spacious- even for 4 people.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steven S

Dear Steven S,

thank you for your review and valuable comments.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this new hotel for a beach part of our holiday in Thailand. The hotel has a good location in a quiet area with superb sea views from most rooms. The rooms are very well appointed but lack some basic refinements. The shower cubicals should have had the option of a fixed head shower combined with the moveable head for the ladies. The cleaning staff were the best in the hotel. The service in the restaurants and on the beach was appauling. There are inadequate numbers of sunbeds. When taking breakfast we had invariably to wait for a table. The breakfast however was superb, well done Chefs.

In my view this hotel needs more front of house and waiting staff.

We were at the hotel over New Year, the cost of the 'New Year' evening celebration was exhorbitant, needless to say we headed into the beach resort.

Overall this hotel should be superb but in my view its Senior manager is not up to running this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dave T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Dave T,

Thank you for your stay with us and leaving feedback of our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you found our location to be at par with your expectations and our room accommodations convenient for your needs. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the amenities lacking in the room and inconsistency in the service in the restaurant. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at Crowne Plaza last Nov 2012 with friends, we got the room under employee rate care of my bf, if you want a private resort stay here. . The staffs are friendly and very accommodating. The stay experience is 5/5!

More power IHG Hotels!

God bless!. . =)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
DenisMartin_HKT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2015

Dear Chriszy B,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your experience with us.

We are glad to read that you have had a very good time with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon to Phuket.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was a catalogue of disasters; this is a resort which is being destroyed by a lack of cohesive management and insufficient staff training.

Service standards are very low but this is not the fault of the staff, all of whom are charming and attentive but have absolutely no idea how to serve clients in the international setting of a 5* resort hotel. I spoke to several of them, in an effort to discover the problem and they all cited a lack of purposeful management and training; they are frightened of their bosses and dare not express their opinions but are fully aware that the hotel is failing.

I will cite a few examples of the inefficiency and this is not a definitive list, just a sample. I asked at 8.30amfor my room to be serviced, it was not done until 3pm and then only after 3 phone calls, which are in themselves most trying, as the standard of English in reception is so poor but they are always so “sorry”. There is no ‘turn down’ service at this hotel and towels are changed only once a day.

At the pool bar, small beers are served in pint glasses, “none smaller available, sorry, sorry!” There is no sign of any waiting staff at pool sides or on the beach, one is better served on most public beaches, where at least one may purchase a bottle of water to prevent dehydration.

I asked for peanuts with my early evening drink, in the otherwise deserted bar, answer “Sorry no peanuts today, sorry, sorry!” Always sorry, “Maybe tomorrow, sorry!” So I picked up a menu, to see if there were any snacks to accompany a pre-prandial aperitif but I was spotted by a member of staff, who rushed over to me, ‘good service’ I thought but I was wrong, she said “there is no food service at the moment, the kitchens are on a break for an hour, sorry, sorry!”

There were some peanuts the next day but not because management had corrected their deficiency, one of the bar staff, on his own initiative, had bought a small packet himself and brought it to the bar, just for me. A clear example of good staff, compensating for poor managers.

More of this bar, they offered me a choice of gins and I asked for Gordon’s but was told that they didn’t have it, I understood and drank my second choice. Perfectly reasonable, you may think, as did I, until I was in the other bar a few metres away and there on the shelf were several bottles of Gordon’s gin!

This is a hopeless hotel, the staff, although always “very sorry” obviously have very little training and are not properly managed. I had a fear that the GM is never in attendance and I asked for her name three times but the staff did not seem to know who she was.

I have since been informed that this hotel has no GM as she has “gone to Dubai”. To have a Crowne Plaza hotel with no senior management over the busy Christmas and New Year period is an insult to its guests.

I travel all the time for work and pleasure, I am a Platinum card holder with IHG and this year so far, I have spent over 90 nights in Crowne Plaza hotels, all over the world. This hotel is Thai owned and managed by IHG under the Crowne Plaza brand but it does not even reach Holiday Inn standard.

I know what I am talking about when I recommend: Stay away from this dreadful establishment, “sorry, sorry”!

One very amusing instance did occur; I wondered what all the Chinese guests were doing at low tide, delving in the mud and was told that they were collecting small sand mussels, a crustacean not eaten in the west. Apparently, they then cook them in the kettles provided in the rooms. So, if you ever stay at this hotel and think that your Earl Grey tastes a bit fishy, you will know the reason!

HOT OFF THE PRESS:
I have learned since penning the above review, that the Crowne Plaza, Panwa Beach will cease to be an IHG property very soon, as the Thai politician who owns it, wants another company to manage this property. I wish him luck but see no future for this hotel, if IHG can’t run a good hotel, then who can?

I learned also that the temporary management team of an executive chef and a marketing executive are doing a very good job, in the interim and I do not hold them responsible for my disappointing stay but sympathise with them in their task and I wish them every success in the future.

Room Tip: It has a horrible muddy beach when the tide is out.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Philip B

Dear Philip B

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.