“Peaceful Phuket”

Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The area seems to have been excluded from the "full on" Thailand beach resort effect...so ineffect, what we experienced was a nice, tranquil and easy going small town modestly developed.. The resort is blissful and luxurious.

The Loft apartments are very nice and pampering. Defiantly, worth considering if you want to treat yourself or taking the children. The website pictures don't do justice to the 2 resort pools, both big and spacious.

The views are scenic and beach is quiet and shallow watered.

Thai hospitality is delivered faultlessly with smiles and warmth. Special thanks to Aum ? And GM Antje, who was also very pro-active and knowledgable.

Points to consider-
Food - Expensive for Quality -see TA for alternatives
Taxi - Bargain HARD...your still paying too much.!
Loft room curtains..have tendency to open/close unexpectedly ! (being addressed)
Non-motorised water activities should be complementary.

Room Tip: New resort, so all rooms should be faultless.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bhavin69
DenisMartin_HKT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2015

Dear Bhavin69,

Thank you for taking the time reviewing your stay here with us in Phuket.

We are glad to read that you have had a very good time and we look forward to welcome you back to our property in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I actually stayed here on priority club points and the location and room were fantastic I have to say. However. ... we were really disappointed with the ridiculous price of food and drink and the lack of Thai food on the menu (this was more expensive than Europe and USA, come on guys!)

Service:
I stay in a lot of IHG hotels and I have to say from London to Auckland I have never had to wait 45 minutes in a splash bar for a burger and panini, this is really poor. On two seperate occasions we were also told that 'we've run out!' 1st of sparkling water (replacement around 386bht) and no peach tea! What!!!

I was also really surprised that the room had absolutely no hotel literature in it. When I called down to reception I was told to look at the TV for informtion..... I did this but the info channel did not work and when it finally did there was no relevant information available for what I wanted and there was no room service menu in the room either, I also have to say that this is the only IHG hotel I've stayed in with no milk and no stocked mini bar in the room. Disappointing overall service but location ace.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank MichaelL73
gagudju, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear MichaelL73,

Thank you for your comments regarding our resort. I'm glad you choose us as your destination when using using your Priority Club Reward Points.

Admittedly, we are a bit light on in room marketing literature, and we are due to get a full compendium in the near future. There should have been a room service menu for you to review, so we're reviewing our housekeeping procedures.

Each room is stocked with six bottles of water each day, plenty for the average guest. There is no minibar available in the room, as we've beer, wine and snacks available in our cafe to take away at a price much lower than what a minibar service would afford the customer. And should that prove an inconvenience, then room service is more than happy to deliver.

Thank you again for your comments.
Iain

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our family of five stayed for a week in early July and loved the hotel, the food, the staff and the setting. We cannot recommend the Andaman Pool Loft suites highly enough - simply superb being able to dive into the pool from your front patio. Our kids loved that.

The fit out is first class, with two dvd players and a fantastic coffee machine in the suite.

The buffet breakfast was a treat, as was all the food - Thai, Italian and a special BBQ banquet put on just for our group.

Panwa is about 15 minutes drive from Phuket town, where there is lots of shopping, restaurants, Thai massage and markets to visit. There were taxi vans available at very low prices.

Overall, we had a wonderful time, relaxing in great luxury in a beautiful resort being spoilt by the wonderful staff and hotel management, who could not be more obliging or helpful. Truly fantastic value.

For those wishing to escape the frenetic West coast of Phuket we strongly recommend the Crowne Plaza at Panwa.

Room Tip: Andaman Pool Loft suites are superb
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ahurrell
DenisMartin_HKT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2015

Dear ahurrell,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to review your experience in our property.

We are glad to read that you have had a very good stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back you to Phuket.

Be well!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

From the management replies in TA, I would have thought they have sorted out the food issue. Well, I hv good news and I hv bad news. Food is available in the hotel - I had lunch at the seaside Patio restaurant and B290++ for a starter pasta (mains 440++) sounded fair. Until the portion arrived. Any smaller, it would be served on saucers. As most guests who chose to stay at this hotel would hang around and eat in, there are no choices nearby other than a quiet Bistro cafe opposite.

Other than this, everything else is close to perfect:
-Everything is new, what's there not to like? The room is spacious, bed is good, furnishings adequate. There's enough rack space to lay out 2 open bags.
-Thoughtful design. I like that the aircond automatically cuts off when the balcony doors stay opened. Great for the environment! And they do have those useful new international socket that fits all kinds of plugs
-Complimentary wifi is one of the great selling point!
-Large bathroom, toiletries are good
-Very thoughtful & generous with bottles of water (I counted at least 6 bottles in the room & fridge). Yes, I appreciate this very much
-It's a private(?) beach (not sure how long this will last, as there is a large hotel coming up next door). Immaculate lawns, beach is combed every morning. It is not the best powdery white beach I have been, and the sea is very shallow for metres out, but it makes a fantastically idyllic setting to chill by
-2 pools! With water jets and massage features!
-Good quality breakfast, fresh exotic juice station, frozen yoghurt, v good pastries (I noticed chefs constantly replacing breads), good coffee
-Very friendly and hardworking staff, I love chatting with the chefs (Aoy) and the wait staff (Linh etc) Friendly pool & gym staff

Tip: the standard King Panwa rooms do not have views. You will be staring into the lounge or restaurant roof.

It is a lovely hotel in a picturesque setting. And one big plus is it's not in Patong! One would chose this hotel mainly for its get away from it all location, not too many amenities nearby. I read that they have a shuttle but I was not informed, and no notice in the room to say so.
Since there are not many traveller's pictures, I hv added a few to help you decide.

7  Thank dogtrek

Dear dogtrek,

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing your stay in our property.

We are glad to read that you have had a very good time here with us in Phuket and we are looking forward to welcome you soon back.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Excellent place for leisure/family/honeymoon. I stayed for four nights in June for leisure trip. First time in phuket and had such an excellent experience. A bit travel from Phuket airport, and local taxi drivers mostly didn't aware of this 2-months old resort. Stunning view looking over a bay(calm one). We stayed in the standard room which was already a nice sized room and adore the balcony of the room, anyone would easily fell asleep under the flood of sunlight and wind breezing through the balcony. A honeymoon setup inside the room has been dedicated for the purpose of this trip which enhance our romantic mood (even better if there is a complimentary bottle of Champagne!) Nice breakfast on offer in Mosaic with varieties of food to choose from. Managed to have canoeing in the private bay which the facilities were owned by the hotel and excellent care was taken by the health suite staff before we set off. Staff are generally very helpful and friendly providing travel and hotel information. The environment is tranquil despite the fact that the hotel was half occupied. We had a very relaxed and enjoyable stay
Downsides: A/C was a bit noisy but quickly fixed upon request
the water leak from the shower floor through the door sill inside our toilet which made the floor slippy after shower. Should check and fix and hope not harm anyone in the future.
The balcony door lock was broken in our room. We can only use the door latch to protect us.
As others have suggested, a shuttle bus service should be provided at least to and fro phuket town.
Euro 2012 was only available on free TV channel during our stay which we could not enjoy it on our cable TV. Maybe having a free TV channel in the Club Lounge could boost drink sales.

We would love to come back again and hope to see the improvements

2  Thank LloydChan

Dear LloydChan,

Thank you for your usefull feed backs.
We are glad to read that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

looking forward to welcome you back soon the the property!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I spent about 5 nights at Crowne Plaza Panwa Beach in June. I need to take this opportunity to deliver my appreciation to the front desk staff Nong, she did an outstanding job. I was driving from airport to the resort, which I have never been to Phuket in before. I followed direction on the map, but unfortunately I was driving into Phuket town, where was difficult for me to get back onto the main road by myself. And then I started to call to reception, Nong was the one pick up the call. I was a bit angry with the road, but Nong was so polite and patient listen to me and lead me out of town and get back onto main road. I have at least called her 6 times before I get a right way to resort. She is the star!! Thank you Nong!!!!!

First impression the resort gave to me and my family was WOW!!! My family was immediately leave me along to check in and cannot wait to run to enjoy the outstanding sea view from lobby lounge. A very good check in experiences and warm welcomed by Nong and welcome drinks.
The rooms are new and I can feel the owner spent quite lots of money on choosing items. The bed is really comfortable and I slept so well in those days.
I had some problems with telephone functions, A/C functions, toliet roll has not been replaced, no shower gel but all replace by shampoo and so on. But I feel it is understable as this resort just opened less than 2 months. I am sure they will do it better in near furture as long as they always focus on services details.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Shenyu H

Dear Shenyu H,

Thank you for taking the time reviewing your stay in our property.

We are glad to read that you have had a wonderful time and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just spent a week at the Crown Plaza Panwa Beach recently and your first impression is Wow! Arrived late at night and when I opened the curtain in the morning the view was spectacular. The highlight of our visit was my husband and Rosario the Executive Chef organised the first romantic dinner on the beach as a surprise for me - six courses with complimentary wines for each course on the last night of our stay. The wine, the food, the location it was fabulous. All the staff were so hospitable and friendly. The only thing I would suggest is a shuttle bus for guests. To get around we paid for use of the resort car or private taxi. Will definitely be back for another stay hopeful next time with all our family and grandchildren. Thanks Antje and all the staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Seaview Room on 4th floor looking down at the pool and the beautiful Markham Bay. The...
4  Thank GroovyGranny1949
DenisMartin_HKT, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear GroovyGra...

Thank you very much for your valuable comments

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
Amatara Wellness Resort
#3 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket

Been to Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach? Share your experiences!