The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Panwa Boutique Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$60
Amatara Wellness Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$253
$176
Hotels.com
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$137
Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$106
$391
$348
Bandara Phuket Beach Resort(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$49
$39
Agoda.com
By The Sea(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$42
$40
Bandara Villas Phuket(Cape Panwa)(Great Value!)
$302
$252
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Cape Panwa Hotel(Cape Panwa)
Hotels.com
All reviewslocal rummosquito netoutdoor jacuzzinice poolsea viewrelaxing stayspecial thankspatong beachfree shuttlebig buddhathai foodthe hotel offershigh tidelocal restaurantsprivate beachphuketvilla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had the best stay at pamwa. Customer service was way beyond our expectations. They were always very helpful, always smiling and very polite. Beautiful resort..only downside is that they done have the beach . Rest everything was awesome.

7  Thank chikkidestiny
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I spent 2 days here. First time I chose this place because of the design of the resort but when I was staying there It's much more than I thaught. The rooms are very clean and the facilities are also completely such as TV, jagucci, swimming pool. The price is not expensive if compare to the another resort. It was a great time that I've never been anyplace before in Phuket. If I've chance to go to Phuket, I'll choose this place again for sure.

4  Thank Benttt
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went to Phuket on my holiday with my girlfriend. We were looking for some nice and quietly resort. We found this resort in khaokhad. It was really awesome place for stay with friends, family or couples. The room was so clean and friendly services. Inside the room had a big bathroom , clean kitchen and very nice king size bed. With a big balcony and we can see the sea view in front of our balcony. The resort had a swimming pool with the sea view and near by the bar. And about the prices , it was't too expensive if you see everything in here, great location , nice and clean place and friendly services. We were very enjoyed with this hotel. We will definitely be back again next year. Thanks

4  Thank Kenn_can
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed there 3 nights (inclusive New Years Eve) and The Mangrove Panwa Resort is a beautiful Resort, with a good swimming Pool. The New Years Eve was better than we expected. The food was great, the staff was amazing and the owners seemed to care and really want to improve this already good new resort.
However there were some small problems. One problem was for me the Air Conditioner in the Room. I think such a new Resort should have a better Air Conditioner. The one in the Room is too loud! I could not sleep with it on, and it with off, after a few hours it was too hot. I turned the fan to the slower speed but it was still too loud. I think if someone makes a new Resort, it is really a pity that they try to save a few $ on an air conditioner.
The other point is the location of Resort and its implications. The resort is in a quiet place. That is a good thing, but it is also good to be able to move easily to other places in Phuket. The free Shuttle runs many times per day (as long as there are guest interesting in it) but it runs only to a Beach Club in Cape Panwa and to a Shopping Center near Phuket Town.
Why not make it to Phuket Town?! It is just 5 minutes from the Shopping Center!!
They have a taxi service to Phuket Town. But it does not make sense that they take charge 400 Baht to Phuket Town. According to the Hotel Info, it is 400 Baht for 7 km. That is the same price as in Munich, Germany. We cannot compare the taxis prices between Germany and Thailand... And I repeat, free shuttle to Shopping Center, but 400 Baht to Phuket Town that is 5 minutes from that Shopping Center... I remember also that the price to rent a car with driver for a day (at the hotel reception, or at the taxi stand just at the hotel entrance) was around 3000 Baht. I searched on the Internet and got a price of 1800 Baht from another driver. I think that a comission of almost 50% is too much! I like to pay a fair price and at the Mangrove Resort I had always the impression, that all transfers/taxi services were really overpriced, because you were limited in your options as the Resort is far from anything else...

With a little better Air Conditioner and with a free shuttle to Phuket Town or at least a shuttle for a fair price, I would have given 5 Stars. So I really hope that you can improve on this 2 items, and then you have really an amazing Resort!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank RuiPedroGaspar
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My friend recommended "The Mangrove" for my past vacation. The hotel has magnificent seaview, all rooms are facing the sea with private balcony. We spent most of the afternoon hanging at the balcony, reading books and sipping very nice cocktails.
The front office staffs are very helpful and friendly. The room is clean with lovely decorations.
The variety of breakfast are very impressed, Thai and International buffet breakfast. Thai food is highly recommended.
The hotel has bicycles for rent, kayak, big checker board and nice swimming pool, you don't have to get out of the hotel for any other activity.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple