“Great Honeymoon”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Romford, United Kingdom
“Great Honeymoon”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed at the Radisson for 14 nights for our Honeymoon and the hotel was amazing. Everything was clean, the pools and facilities were fantastic and the staff were friendly and helpfull.
The hotel was so quiet, most evenings we sat outside listening to the frogs croaking which was very relaxing. They even spray/fog the grounds in an atempt to control the mosquitos.
We even managed to make use of the free DVD library and kayaks.
The only negative point was that we allowed our travel agent, Thomson Worldwide, talk us into booking bed and breakfast instead of the all inclusive that we wished to as the problem is the Radisson is set in a very quiet area and there isn't that much to explore and to pay for meals in the hotel gets very expensive over 2 weeks.
All in all we had a fantastic stay and loved the Radisson, just book all inclusive.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stayed here for the first 11 days of our honeymoon, and it was beautiful! The hotel was extremely quiet (according the Manager was only 30% full, but didn't even seem to be that many people!) but this is probably because we were smack bang in the middle of the rainy season. And we definitely got the rain!
The rooms were lovely. We began in a standard sea view room but as the air con broke we got upgraded to a junior suite. Not too much difference except it was bigger, and had a large square jacuzzi style bath (but without bubbles). Also the balcony was bigger, but did not have the comfy day bed we had in the standard room.
Food and drink at the hotel were expensive - breakfast for two of us was about £35! Around what you'd pay in England and then some. But saying that, the quality of the food was very high - almost gourmet. We ate out a few of the nights though. Tree tops across the road was very cheap and quite tasty; and if you turn right out of the hotel and walk for about 5 minutes Moon Bar was good too. Particularly in the afternoon as it's right out of the beach and we were the only ones there ever!
Also if you turn left out of the hotel and walk for about ten minutes there are a couple more bars / restaurants. Otherwise it's a bit out in the sticks but that was OK for us with it being the honeymoon.
No buses from outside the hotel - you had to go on organised trips really, or get a taxi. There is a free bus three times daily to Phuket Town which is worth using though. They also do an evening trip to Patong but this is quite expensive at 700 THB each.
Anyway hope this helps you with your decision. I'd definitely recommend for a quiet relaxing holiday!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ali_heppy
Dublin. ireland
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I certainly would not recommend staying here. Room was filthy when we arrived. The bed had not been made and sheets were disgusting. There was dust everywhere in the room. There remains a number of unidentified substances on the walls of toilet. The water in bathroom runs brown. The room walls are paper thin and as I write this I can hear every word of presumably Chinese from the guy next door.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank smp77
RDPhuket, Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2010
Dear Sir

On behalf of our entire staff here at Radisson Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach we apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you have had at our resort regarding your room not being ready upon arrival.

We were very disappointed to see that our service process was not satisfactory and we can assure you that it is not the usual way to treat our guest. We have seriously looked into this matter and we will definitely ensure that such incident will not re-occur in the future.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations and hope that upon your next visit, we can even exceed your highest expectations.

Sincerely Yours

The Management
Hong Kong
Reviewed August 31, 2010

After reading all the good comments before I booked this hotel, I did have a very high expectation. I have no regret to select this hotel eventually.

I stayed for 4 nites. I drove to the hotel. The bellman unload my luggage and park the car for me. I don't need to stand at the counter and waiting for check-in. Instead, I am sitting in the lobby area serving with cold drinks while the hotel is arranging my room. The check-in process was smooth and took less than 10 mins.

I stayed in a deluxe sea view room. Room is new and big with seperated bath room, toilet and shower corner. Plenty of space even after adding an extra bed for my kid. There is private balcony facing the sea with an outdoor bed, a table and chair. Free access for Wifi internet and big LCD TV. Only comment is that the air condition is too powerful for a comfortable sleep.

The environment of the hotel is very resort style. Big, clean, quiet, lots of trees, 3 swimming pools, private beach, pool side bar, several restruants, lots of space. No trouble to find a private corner aound the pool for sun bathing if you like privacy. It also provided different types of seats or beds around the pool (single/double, with or without cover, sofa style or lying style etc.). Windsurfing and kayaking is provided free of charge. No complains about the environment. Just perfect.

There are several restruants but I just tried one for lunch. Price not high. I had fish and chips, fried rice, chicken satay, spring roll plus 3 soft drinks. It costed me 1050 batt. A combo sea food platter priced 650 batt which sounds good value. Breakfast is included in my package which is good quality with plenty of choices. Service was good. English for the waiters required some improvement.

Location of this hotel must be the key consideration. It is located at the far southern part of Phuket island. Transportation is not so convenient. You need to hire a taxi to get around the island. 20 mins to Phuket town, 30 mins to Patong beach, 45 mins to airport. Transportation cost is expensive. Hotel provided fix scheduled free shuttle bus to/from Phuket town (not very frequent) and also to/from Patong beach (350 batt / person / way). There are 1-2 restruants nearby and one convenient store just opposite the road. Thats all. If you need busy night life, it will be disappointing.

I decided to rent a car for my whole trip. A bit difficult to find the hotel but eventually I made it within an hour driving from the airport. Cost of renting a car in Phuket is surprisingly cheap. I rented a Honda Jazz from the airport and cost me 900 batt per day. The car is quite new and in good condition. Gas costed me 880 batt after driving for over 400 km. Hotel provided free parking. The nearest 7-11 is 10 mins away by car which provided everthing include hot food.

There is also a kids club in the hotel which helped to take care of my kid until 7pm.

Overall. good value. A must try hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank loo_stanley
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I recently attended a conference at Radisson Plaza Panwa Beach. Hidden at quiet and relaxed Cape Panwa, away from noisy Patong, we enjoyed a great 4 day stay at this beautiful resort. The pools are simply stunning! Food was excellent and so was its service.

A great plaze to unwind for a few days to to have a conference.

Keep it up!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed here two nights and the room I'd stayed were well furnished, clean and modern. But the bed should be more comfortable. You can access internet with wifi. The staff was incredibly friendly. The hotel is located conveniently and good view from my room to the sea. Good value.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Memphis, TN
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We had a cheaper room, but found it nicely equipped! Wonderful bathroom, lovely balcony, comfortable bed, nice t.v., discount at f&b outlets. Also the best meal we had in Phuket. Pad Thai with monster shrimp!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Cape Panwa Hotel
#4 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel

Been to Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!