2,263 results
All reviews aqua restaurant talay spa radisson suite pool bar panwa beach sea view pool villa curry night kids club kids pool family mart low tide private beach deluxe room happy hour convenience store pool side
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We travel as group of 4 (2 double rooms) for a friends wedding.

I have heard from reviews about the bad service but hadn't really thought what the impact could be.

As we arrived on different flights I checked in first and took the key cards for one of the double rooms. Problem started when my friend checked in and the front desk didn't seem to understand that we were in the same room but instead locked her out for an hour? Eventually she was given the correct key but they inactivated mine instead so when I returned after dinner I couldn't get in. When I reactivated my keys hers became deactivated.. I didn't quite understand how hard that concept could be.. I mean we were doing different things but both of us would need to access the room! Over the next 2 days the door became impossible to open and we had to request assistance on several occasions and even they can't always open it.

At checkin, I took the advantage and booked myself onto the complimentary shuttle to central festival. On the return journey (1935) the shuttle bus just left me behind as I was late for 1 minute 1936 (struggling to locate the exit and get through the crowd on the escalator) I waited for about 10 minutes and the staff at the carpark said adamantly the shuttle bus left ages ago. When I got back using taxi finally and spoken to the front desk, I didn't even get an appology, instead they came to the conclusion the time on my phone must be incorrect as they still picked up passengers at 1945?!? Errrm it's synced....? They just didn't seem to care whether their customer made it back safely or not.

The room was adequate, very comfortable bed but the bathroom has some serious design issue. The door between the shower cubicle and the main bathroom does not contain the water so everytime we shower we would flood the bathroom and therefore ending up walking on wet floor.

One of the day's the room wasn't cleaned at all and we came home to find that we have no clean towels as everything has been used to mop up the wet floor. Surely cleaning the door daily is the default and doesn't need to be requested on daily basis?

The last issue was checkout. As I had different outbound flight to my friends therefore they left early whilst I was trying to have a lie in. Instead I was woken up 3 times by phonecall and the moment I picked up they hung up. I called the front desk to see what's going on and they said they was just checking if I'm still in the room as my friends have left.. Errrm.. Surely it's better to ask that when I first pick up the phone rather than trying to disturb my sleep every half an hour to try and kick me out??

In general, the service I had wasn't good at all. The room was okay apart from the serious design problem with the bathroom. The only highlight is the breakfast - omelette tasted amazing.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Julia Z
GM P, General Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

While I am not familiar with the reviews highlighting poor service that you refer to, our company logo is "Feel Welcome" so your feedback is important to us. I am sorry to discover you had an issue with the key access to your room and also with the pick-up from the nearby shopping centre. Our Front Office Manager will ensure the issue with your room key remains an isolated incident. I also discussed your experience with the external company responsible for transport and they assured me they will take the steps necessary to improve service standards.

I hope your experience does not deter you from staying at a Pullman resort in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2017

Pleasantly stay. All staff are friendly and helpful. We enjoyed welcome drink. Our room was spacious, comfy and clean. Breakfast was good and we can enjoy many kind of food. 2 pools in the hotel. The big one is near by the beach, really nice. The small one is near hotel building. quiet and calm. We had cocktail at the bar, the drink was awesome.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Storyteller666009
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Me and my wife stayed here as our honeymoon.The service was what we expect of a five star hotel, top class! The food was good, the breakfast buffet catered for all nationalities,good variety.Really nice garden and pools. The beach isn't the most beautiful especially when tide is out but ok.paddle boards and kayaks were free to use. The only negative point was that there was building work going on for the new reception and bar which took away some quiet time by the pool. this is finished now and looks fabulous from pictures i have seen.The staff were all friendly and go out of way to help you especially Ben at the pool bar.

I would recommend this hotel which has a very good price/quality relation

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian L

Thanks for choosing to stay at our Pullman resort on your honeymoon and for posting such a positive review of your vacation in Thailand.

On behalf of the Pullman team I wish you the best of luck as you embark on the exciting journey of your married life.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in several hotels in Phuket and this one was definitely the best one.
The service was what we expect of a five star hotel, top class!
The food was good, even the breakfast buffet.
We didn't have to pay for the couch-bed for our kid (in the 2 previous hotel it was charged 1500B/day).
Kids Club is nice and Ane (sorry for the spelling) was really great with our kid. Thanks.
Fitness room is also good (equipment).
Relly nice garden and pools.
The beach isn't the most beautiful but ok.
The only negativ point is the outside cleaning (room was clean) and the cleaning of the fitness room which was really not clean (floor and especially the machines which probably never have been cleaned since they have been installed). Also there is nothing to desinfect the handhelds.

But anyway, I would recommand this hotel which has a very good price/quality relation.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank fisdom77
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here as our honeymoon, we arrived having booked a duluxe seaview room. Mentioned about an upgrade showed our marriage certifcate and they wernt interested not willing to do anything for us. It currently is still raining so we havent got to use all the facilities. Such a shame they didnt treat us for our honeymoon, other hotels in thailand have done as a congratulations. This hotel missing personel touch especially when the hotel is so quite this time of year! Location is good and theres restaurants just outside to eat at.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank MJBA11ER1NO
GM P, General Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Thanks for your valuable feedback. While it is nice to read your compliments about our beautiful location, we are sorry to learn our team missed an opportunity to celebrate your special occasion. I wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Customer service is our passion so we will gladly share your comments with the resort team so we can improve future service standards.

Kind regards,