“Nice holiday resort”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Warsaw, Poland
“Nice holiday resort”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Staying at the Radisson Blu Phuket Resort, will give for sure opportunity to relax and enjoy your holidays.
Hotel is located far away from crowded tourist attraction, has nice large rooms, swimming pools and interesting restaurant offer. Unfortunately is a bit overpriced compering to the other hotels as well as village restaurants located not more than 5 min walk from the hotel. Drinks at the pool are usually based on the juice, so go ahead and drink as much as you wish as somehow you will never feel drunk, even if you ordering kind of LongIsland drink.
Definitely book Deluxe Room with Ocean View or Family apartments. Rooms are located on the top floors and having stunning views for the bay, worth each single penny.
We were considering to book Pool Villa, and thanks God we didn’t, if you are not keen on very large house/apartment with private pool with size of the bathtub and no Ocean view – skip it.
Overall Resort is stunning and apart from mentioned before opinion, it might be very slippery everywhere after the rain. Unfortunately service level didn’t fulfill my expectations at all.
Check in, very chaotic, reception clerk couldn’t find the reservation at the beginning, and what came as surprise, wrote my credit card number on the registration form by hand - this I am founding very strange, as usually CC should be preauthorized on the terminal directly.
Don’t try to book the local trips via hotel concierge, they are in many times 3 times expensive than at very good quality travel agency. The staff cannot explain to you why is like that and smiling to your face is sending you outside the hotel. If fact there were just few people speaks communicative English – I would suggest hotel management to look after developing this skill.
Front desk in general is very kind and polite but not so client orientated, happens to me that airport driver didn’t show up ( booked via my travel agency) I asked the staff to call and ask, and I was given back the telephone to do it by myself - …. Not so good idea, as my Thai is rather limited. One touch service in many times where not picked up at all. My Club Carlson membership was as well not recognized.
Restaurant for the breakfast, runs without any supervision. Breakfast buffet is overall great and if you in the way addicted to Radisson standard there is nothing to complain, apart from …lack of glass to juices, lack of the plates, staff doesn’t get the difference between Cappuccino and Caffe Latte – little things that can be after few days very annoying.
Housekeeping is really taking care of your room and job is always nice and professional job. Concerning the room, whenever you will be visiting this hotel, make sure your doors are properly locked, as due to high humidity it happens to me that room seems to be closed but the lock didn’t really locked the doors. As well I bother the front desk with this message to fix it or change but never seen any maintenance staff around- which seems to be second challenge of this hotel as I could easy find many things it the resort that are not repaired or renovated.

Room Tip: As for the rooms in the 3rd or 4th floor to enjoy a great views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lauder T
RDPhuket, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 23, 2013

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We are truly disappointed that in some areas we failed to meet/exceed your expectations.
I have passed on your invaluable constructive feedback to the respective Department Heads to ensure consistent service excellence. I assure you that re-training has been happening on various levels to ensure we deliver impeccable service to all our guests.

Again, we are disappointed that we could not exceed your expectations and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to ensure we exceed your expectations.

Sophia Sumitran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Relaxing resort with nice atmosphere. Location is bit isolated but we didn't need the hassle of Patong, although you can easily take a taxi anywhere. Pools are great, gym was good, everything was just perfect for us for relaxation and soaking in the sun.

Room Tip: Suites have large terraces where you can sunbathe and spend time on a sun.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

wirral
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights with my partner on the 18th of November. We had been traveling around Thailand for three weeks on a whistle stop tour and this was the last hotel we booked.

The only problem for me was that we didn't book a sea view room as I stupidly decided to go along with a inaccurate review on here that said "all rooms are sea view" THIS IS NOT TRUE.
The room we had wasn't sea view, and the view was awful, A large green plant and a building opposite. I understand we didn't book sea view but in a 5 star hotel I would expected a nice garden area or something like that. We did call reception to upgrade and was told it was a reasonable 500bht which we were pleased about. However no one got back to us, so we unpacked and stayed put in this room as we were both tired after a long day travelling. I called reception to cancel the request, no one seemed to know what request I wanted to cancel.

The communal areas of this hotel, pool, bar area and reception are breath-taking. Very clean, plenty of staff on hand to help you with anything you require. We ate everyday at the hotel, some of the meals we had was the nicest we had in Thailand and the cocktails were by the best. We also order room service a few times and the food was always piping hot and delivered with a smile by great staff.

We ate Breakfast in the hotel which was a little chaotic, there is a sign that says wait to be seated, which we did. 90 percent of guest didn't, we came back to our table with some food we collected from the buffet to find someone sitting on it?

This hotel is amazing, just was disappointed with our room choice and let down on one occasion by staff not getting back to us. I would stay in this hotel again but obviously book a sea view room.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a sea view room.
1 Thank tezzatrfc

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

However, we are truly disappointed we did not exceed your expectations in your room preference.

We look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I chose the Radisson due its remote locations and relaxed environment. If you want to feel completely relaxed, then this is the hotel for you! I cannot fault the hotel one bit, the staff were so lovely and welcoming and treated us like family, especially Elya at the front desk! we travelled in September during the low season and the resort was not busy at all. It felt like we were the only people there and I loved it! I could not fault our room, the bed was huge, much bigger than king size! the maids did an exceptional job cleaning our room everyday and were very trustworthy.
The service around the main pool is impeccable and if you tip them they are extremely grateful and they look after you well for the remainder of your trip.

The buffet breakfast and dinner is good but we always used to walk down the hill towards view point to Sabai Sabai for brunch who served delicious authentic thai food and super cheap. I can not rave about this place enough! you must try their watermelon shake too!
Curry nights across the road also has delicious indian food. The best i've tasted! there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance which are much cheaper than the hotel!

If you get bored you can take a 30 mins taxi ride to the centre of phuket, we did 9 days of outdoor excursions which were fantastic and 5 days of relaxing at the hotel.
Also the central festival mall is 20 mins away and the hotel provides a free shuttle service. The mall is not cheap but it has everything you need from designer to more cheaper brands. If you want a less touristy option I suggest checking out a supermarket called "Big C" which is a five min walk from central festival.

The hotel has activities everyday which is quite nice, the views are amazing and there were no kids running riot! I felt completely relaxed here and could not have wished for a more perfect and serene setting!

If you want peace and quiet then this is the place for you!

Room Tip: choose a room on the 4th floor! great views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maryam S

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We are delighted and wish to sincerely thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed in a pool villa last week.
The staff are very attentive and refer me a very nice seafood restaurant near the hotel 10 minutes. The swimming pool is huge and with beach front. Many recreation activities including beachvolleyball. The breakfast is good, however my Villa have following issue need to address:
- Light cannot turn off during midnight
- Air Conditioning suddenly turn off during midnight
- Main door cannot open the door however the keys works
Beside from these issue, hotel is very good and must use their Limousine on hire services; 10 hours for THB3000 and the driver also very attentive and patient

Room Tip: Book their pool villa which is only THB7000++ Their Happy hours also offer great deal for sparkling
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RDPhuket, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

I am happy to inform you that we have taken your invaluable suggestions into consideration and are working towards correcting them.
We look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Currently enjoying our last day after a two week stay here. The hotel is everything you could want for a peaceful getaway from everything. Yes it's true it is a quiet area but if you want nightlife there is a shuttle to patong and the Taxi's across the road are reasonable. The pool areas are stunning and the food is very good, it is on the expensive side but as with every 5 star hotel this is to be expected. There are very good restaurants near by which are extremely cheap. Sawasdee, the hilltop and curry night to name a few. The staff cannot do enough for you, they are so pleasant and obliging.

Two days after we arrived we were invited to a 'managers cocktail evening' which was a lovely touch and we met the general manager Bjorn who was so nice. This kind of welcome sets the radisson blu panwa beach apart from other 5 star hotels I have stayed in.

The Talay spa within the hotel is most definitely worth a visit, total luxury and the staff were so professional. A wonderful experience.

My only criticism of the hotel would be as the drinks are very expensive it would be nice to have a happy hour through the day. Happy hour is between 5pm & 7pm and 9pm & 10pm. Because of the times we didn't use this as often as we would have liked to. Also, it would be nice for some more nightly entertainment. Although the peace & quiet is nice it would be good to have more entertainment as it is such a quiet area.

Overall, if you want a holiday of total peace and relaxation do not hesitate to book this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Roisin d
Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

I am happy to inform you that we have taken your invaluable suggestions into consideration.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Raddison for a few nights during our honeymoon in Thailand.
Being the most expensive place during the entire stay, we expected a little more for the price.

Check in took 45 minutes, during that time we weren't offered so much as a bottle of water while sweltering in their lobby. Once we got to our room we were pleased with the cleanliness and size of the bed. The view was pretty good as well, although it was partly obstructed by a few villas in front as we were only on the 2nd floor.

The breakfast was really expensive, and we had to ask a few people before we could even get a coffee to the table. The food choices were okay, in true thai style though the bacon was terrible and coffee likewise. 1550thb for 2 of us, we didn't exceed that amount for a day's worth of meals each while anywhere else in the country. These small things aside there was a good atmosphere and the manager popped around to a few tables to make sure everything was suitable.

The pool area and beach are obviously why you'd stay here. It's huge and has plenty of loungers, although you'll have to get there early to get a spot. The sea was almost too hot to walk through at low tide, and it's not much of a swimming beach.

We didn't eat dinner at the resort after seeing the prices. There are a few places straight across the road which are typical thai outdoor restaurants with really good food and cheap drinks.
Cape Panwa really doesn't have much around. Everything is walkable, but it only takes a couple of hours to see it all. The aquarium is the main thing there, and it's pretty average.

We wouldn't stay again, it's too far from anything else. There's no shopping anywhere nearby.
If you're looking for a place to lounge around a pool all day with nice views, it's a good spot.
If you want to do shopping and maybe have some sort of night life, look elsewhere

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room and a large bed
1 Thank Luke W

Cape Panwa Hotel
#4 of 13 in Cape Panwa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,514 reviews
Mandarava Resort and Spa

Been to Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!