“Lovely! Will Stay Again!”

Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Lovely hotel, lovely reception area, lovely staff!

We went here for 8 nights for our anniversary. Very reasonable price for the room but very expensive beers and room service (I guess this is to make up for the lovely location though and the decently priced lovely room).

On arrival (10pm at night) we were warmly greeted given a delicious welcome drink (non alcoholic but I wanted to drink them all holiday) we were checked in fast and taken to our room it was nice and modern and air conditioned had a beautiful view and the bathroom was lovely and modern - very generous sized room all round and loved the light switches and do not disturb and cleaning button lights - very clever!

EAT THE BREAKFAST EVERY MORNING - it was the best buffet hotel breakfast I have ever had - delicious, so much variety, fresh and did I say delicious!!!!

There is not too much near by and to go to patong it will take 30-45 mins and cost around $30-$40 AUD for a taxi EACH way... Sri Panwa is 10 minutes up the road and the baba nest is expensive for a drink but the view is to die for up the top of a mountain and you get picked up and dropped off by a tuk tuk - they are fun!! we ate at the international restaurant - the food was expensive but AMAZING - ordered 6 entrees and 2 desserts to share! lovely romantic seating options also!

The main pool is where we spent most of our time - it was lovely! clean - great sun beds, lovely towels! and the private little beach was gorgeous! there was one man at the pool bar who always had a chat to us he had a very big white teeth smile and he was lovely but i can't remember his name... he even took the time to show us nice places on a map and he was always smiling... sumi from room service had lovely telephone matter and polly and beer were lovely on reception every time we seen them and gave a speedy check out.

The only down I could say is that maybe the rooms colour scheme needs a bit of an upgrade - the mustard yellow isn't very nice - and that the bed was not long enough - our feet hung off... if I crawled right up the top my feet would just fit. I think they should look into making the room colour scheme a nice dark blu the blinds, bed head and picture etc... the colour Blue would go with the name Radisson Blu :)

Overall this hotel is lovely and I will stay there again!! if you stay here... you must try their spring rolls - yummmmmmmmyyy and their pad thai - the best!!

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room - 4306 we stayed in and it was an amazing view!
3  Thank ErsiLion
RDPhuket, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

We are delighted to inform you that we are now offering a revamped menu selection that you will be able to enjoy on your next visit with us. However, I wish to assure you that your favorite Phad Thai will remain in our new menu.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team, we look forward to welcome you back and exceed your expectations again.

Warm Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,934)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here at the end of the season for a work meeting. It’s a typical good value, mid-range Thai resort hotel. The food was a good standard, especially the breakfast buffet that included an extensive selection of Western and Asian foods and was refreshed frequently. There are a couple of pools one of which is beachfront, plus a fun swim-up bar. Drinks are on the expensive side, but there were regular happy hours in the different bars.

Rooms were very clean and spacious with a nice large balcony, good air con, and nice pillows.

When I’m on vacation I like to be able to walk places, so probably wouldn’t choose somewhere in a location like this. It was fine for work though as we were in meetings much of the day and then got taxis in to Phuket town in the evening (about 25 minutes).

Overall good and would be happy if I had to stay here again.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms worth the extra
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as yourselves are the true ambassadors that any resort could wish for.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team, we look forward to welcome you back in December and exceed your expectations again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is one of my favourites in the world. There is so much to say about this place, the facilities, the staff, everything including the location are just top of the range. To begin with, Panwa beach is the place to stay if you are looking for a quiet time in Thailand. If you want to be away from the buzz and sleaziness of Patong, this is the place to stay. My favourite part of the hotel are the numeours pools just across a very private and calm beach. You can really relax here. Staff are so friendly and sweet.
The breakfast buffet, OMG! the best ever!
Go an visit the massage places across from the hotel, they are one of the best in Thailand.
I am going back in December this year, because I am hooked on the Radisson Blu! :-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mokaonthego
RDPhuket, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team, we look forward to welcoming you back in December and and aim to please again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in this wonderful hotel with my husband for 8 nights in May 2013. I cannot praise it highly enough. It was just total and absolute luxury. Firstly, the staff were all exceptionally nice and helpful, like all the Thai people we met. The room's deliciously cool air con was so welcome as the weather so hot. The balcony had a bed for lounging on and a comfy armchair and table. Perfect for chilling out, which we did, often. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom, with separate shower was just perfect. The infinity pool, the private beach, the thick fluffy towels, the service of the pool staff.... out of this world. This is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The only thing I can say is that it is a little bit far from Phuket town but that is not a bad thing. Taxi service is excellent. The restaurant was a bit expensive but the food was divine. It was a truly excellent experience. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a sea view!
2  Thank ManorK2

The team and I were delighted to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I agree with some of the reviews saying that the resort was better than the pictures. I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms, the views and the amenities. The check in process was smooth and very welcoming. The rooms were large, clean and well kept. We had a beautiful ocean view on the 4th floor and enjoyed it thoroughly. Perfect sunrise view.

The dinner at Azur was great and our waitress Tu, was so sweet and kind and very accommodating. The breakfast buffet was decent, not the best I have ever seen and the service was spotty. Sometimes it was great and other times, very slow. When we ordered in room dining, the operator could not understand what we wanted and the food was mediocre. The octo bar staff was very friendly and kind but the drinks were weak and just not mixed well. Better just to order a beer or wine instead of a cocktail. Same with the Edge Pool Bar. Friendly service but cocktails were not very good.

The spa is beautiful! i wish i had gone earlier but went on my last day. The staff again were so sweet and kind. Massage was wonderful and the private rooms were very clean and 5 star.

The area is great. We rented a car and went to all of the surrounding other hotels in Cape Panwa and discovered other great areas on the island but were always happy to return back in the evening to our little "home". I highly recommend and will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank juliefabian
RDPhuket, Executive Assistant Manager at Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

I have also passed on your constructive feedback to the respective Department Heads to ensure consistent service excellence.

We are delighted to inform you that we have also revamped menu selection in the Resort and I hope that you will choose to come back to your second "home" to sample our new culinary offerings.
The team and I were delighted to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

First resort I have stayed in anywhere in the world where the real thing was even better than the photos. The rooms had amazing views, the staff were so polite & helpful & the rooms were large, well presented & maintained. Food was typical Thai but close to cute cafes. Free shuttle for shopping & bus to Patong daily. Views to die for from everywhere in the resort & your own swimming enclosure at high tide.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank LynnBulla

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

I have passed on your kind comments to the team, we look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Jaw dropping beautiful scenery. Excellent service. We stayed in a Raddison suite one of the more expensive that are available but WOW what a way to wake up. the room was a perfect honeymooners place. I was their with my family and travel a lot. This was a real winner proper 5 star and what a fantastic view away from the crazies in Patong. Suits families and people in search of peace, quiet and a little spoiling. Will visit this one again and i rarely do so... enjoy. PS Beds were excellent you could even choose the type of pillow you prefer zzzzz

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade you will be surprised how little extra it costs and may even be free Raddison...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sparticus313

Warm Greetings from Sunny Phuket!!

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Delighted guests such as yourselves are our true ambassadors.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and exceeding your expectations again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Panwa
25 mi away
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach

Been to Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!