“Highlight of our Thailand Trip”

Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Loved this place, everything about it was fantastic, from start to finish. Pool bar, restaurants, service, food, I could go on and on......
The staff were so attentive and lovely with broad smiles for every encounter.
Would highly recommend this to couples, friends or even families.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the right of the lobby on entry, closer to pool and quicker to beach.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,934)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We booked 4 nights and asked for an airport pick up, which did not turn up. During our welcome drinks at the lobby overlooking the sea, we informed the manager. We were upgraded to a suite roof terrace with seaview! The Radisson staff from then on was able deliver their 100% satisfaction guarantee service. All were friendly, prompt at every service point, & speak English well.
We had lunch by the pool after check in, and the service was impeccable and we truly felt so relaxed. Buffet breakfast was really a nice balance of Thai and international spread, with a delightful cheeseboard featuring French cheeses! We had dinner twice at the hotel. The second one was because its Italian spread. Unfortunately, both our pasta from the hot live stations were still hard. When we informed the manager, we got 50% discount off our food bill. Their thin crusted pizzas were yummy!
The highlight is truly the pool day beds, overlooking the pool and the sea; feeling the cool sea breeze! The pool has different types of massage jets for different parts of your body. So it was great and fun swimming from one to the other in the infinity pool! Loved this hotel! Highly recommended if you like peaceful environment and service with grace.

Room Tip: Our room had the sea view so we could watch sunrise! The junior suite we had on top floor was huge...
1  Thank MarinaB1402
Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you want to get away from abustle setting in Patong and if you want to bring your children to Phuket. Pls choose Radisson Panwa. It costs 45 minutes by car from airport to the hotel with 750-1000Baht also you could rent a scooter to Phuket town and Chalong Pier by 30 minutes if the weather is good enough. Our room was 3311 which is convenient to swimming pool, lobby and restaurants. Lobby bar served you nice cooktail with live show at night. It’s good for us when we check out and wait for picking up.

3  Thank gaganini
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were met at arrivals by a car from the hotel (1100 baht – compared to about 800 baht for a taxi) and the journey took approximately an hour. The car was spacious, clean, well air conditioned and was worth the small price increase over the taxi option.

The first impression when you arrive is great – the hotel lobby / bar area looks out over the bay and the rest of the resort and you really get an impression of the sort of service you are going to receive.

Check in was dealt with in a fast and efficient manner and we received a welcome drink while we waited. We had booked a junior suite but as a gold club Carlson member, we were upgraded to one of the Radisson suites. The suite itself was great, featuring a bedroom / lounge, a walk through wardrobe, a separate toilet, double sinks. The shower is again separate and was vast, the bath could have fit three in comfortably if you were that way inclined although it did take an age to fill up! On the terrace (calling it a balcony seems a bit of an understatement) was two sunloungers, an outdoor shower screened from view and also a large table and four chairs should you fancy some alfresco dining (indoor table and chairs also provided). The terrace lighting isn’t great if you fancy reading outside for a bit but this is probably nit picking a bit.

One comment I would have is that the soaps and shampoos provided were in a big pump action dispenser and I would have expected the same if not better than you get in a Radisson Blu normally. The rooms were impeccably clean and the housekeeping staff are fantastic.
The resort itself has two main pools, one a chlorine pool and another (and far more popular) sea water pool (desalinated) which is next to the beach. There are plenty of sun loungers available and a towel station for use of the guests. The beach itself is not great, but there is a good volleyball court and also one is able to borrow a sea canoe or be taken sailing on the resorts small catamaran (free of charge).

Breakfast is served at the Aqua restaurant and offers an amazing array of foods to suit all tastes and requirements. Food was excellent quality and always seemed fresh. We did not eat at the hotel otherwise as we preferred to explore the island as much as we could whilst there. There are a fair few restaurants within a 10 – 15 minute walk which offer a variety of cuisine.
As the hotel is in quite a remote location, getting anywhere by taxi on Phuket is notoriously expensive (price fixing etc) so we hired a car for 900 baht per day to take in some of the sites. Well worth doing and certainly an experience in itself! We managed to see parts of the island that we would have never seen otherwise.

The hotel does offer shuttle busses to two different locations, one being Phuket town and the other Central Festival (huge shopping mall in Phuket town). The timing of these busses does not allow one to spend a long time in Phuket Town and also the latest bus back is at 18:00 which was disappointing (you can understand that a hotel wants people to eat in its restaurants as much as possible).

Overall I would very much recommend the Radisson Blu for a peaceful getaway, far, far away from the rather seedy Patong beach and would stay here again should I come back to South Phuket.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to face out to see and the higher the room the better to take advantage of the views.
4  Thank NJ1984
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have just returned from 7 nights at this wonderful hotel and can recommend it for those seeking a peaceful place to relax. The staff are friendly and helpful. I was allocated a double room, 3216 on the second floor (which is first floor by british standards) over one of the infinity pools which was clean, spacious and had a good view of the pool and sea and was accessible by lift. It had a room bar and tea/coffee facilities, flat screen tv and dvd player, phone, iron and board, hairdryer, dressing gowns and slippers, torch and umberella. The lighting and air conditioning was controlled from the bedside, there was an electric bedside clock. The balcony had table and chairs, a drying rack and a sun bed with cushions. there was a room safe. 2 free bottles of water were provided daily. The free wifi had a very weak signal and became very annoying so this needs to be addressed. There were three pools, one for water polo, but I mainly used the beachside pool where the towels were provided with no deposit and were plentiful. There were several pool showers and double sunbeds and the sun shades and single sun beds were plentiful even when the hotel was full. One thing though was that the poolside restaurant was not catering for the needs of the guests and was losing custom to the outside restaurants opposite the hotel. Several people commented that the lunch menu portions were too large and expensive ie only triple decker toasted sandwiches and requests for a standard size was denied. Only one enormous salad and only large pizzas etc. I had a fried rice, 2 scoops of ice cream and a sprite and it came to about £12. No gateau was provided with coffee either. The poolside service was inadequate while the staff were just standing around awaiting non existent customers only coming around with the lunchtime menu and only rarely checking if guests required drinks etc. I hope the new General Manager addresses this as very few people are eating poolside and the hotel is missing a trick and losing revenue by not catering to the needs of the majority. Just count the heads of guests around the pool every day against the very few using the poolside restaurant or main restaurant at lunchtime and its obvious that there is something wrong. The poolside toilets need to be checked more frequently and require new floor tiles.
I arrive late due to a flight connection problem and my transport to the hotel had gone. As they had the accommodation voucher for the hotel this meant that i had no voucher to give to the hotel when I arrived by taxi however this was given to them the following morning. I provided the hotel with my booking confirmation letter but was still asked for my card details. On check out it transpired that the staff do not know the diffrence between a credit and a debit card and while I assumed they were just noting my card details in case the voucher didn't turn up when I arrived, they had in fact charged the cost of my 7 days accommodation immediately to my debit card when I checked in and which had already been paid in the UK. This all caused a great deal of hassle and ill feeling when I was checking out and I have now been told that the money will be refunded to my account in anything up to four weeks time. This is not an acceptable way to run things.
Having said all this, I would still recommend a short stay at this hotel provided you take heed of the comments made. The staff are, without exception, friendly and helpful and I had a relaxing weeks stay.

Room Tip: There is no ground floor, that is called the first floor. Pool view will also mean sea view if you a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Zerafa
Reviewed February 15, 2013

wonderful place, peaceful, beautiful and with global standard room and service

if Patong is too noisy and busy for you, please think about Radisson Panwa Cape

before chose Radisson Panwa, I was a little worried about the location, too far from major facilities or spots, like Patong, but it turned out to be a great choice.

visit Patong once by taking the hotel shuttle bus to Central Festival the shopping center and then taxi which costs 500B, however, Patong has nothing but people and pubs, which is so commercial and noisy

if you enjoy peaceful holiday, Radisson panwa is a perfect place

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank venyun
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed over Chinese New Year at the Radisson Blu Panwa with a friend who was flying in from the US to visit me. We were doing a trip through Thailand and Phuket was to be our last stop for some relaxation along with some fun excursions! I have stayed in Phuket before and I know the lay of the land but I had not stayed in Panwa. A friend recommended the Radisson and since it was difficult booking so close to CNY, I jumped at booked immediately!

Upon arrival at the airport, we were picked up by a pre-arranged car service that I had requested ahead of time. We were brought directly to the hotel, which was beautiful and clean. Check-in was a breeze, however, I was not impressed that our bags were not brought to our rooms, I hate lugging my bag after a long trip. This took a back seat when I saw the beautiful room they put us in. I liked the balcony that gave us direct pool access and the room was large and well appointed.

We wanted to arrange two excursions, one to Similian Island for snorkelling and one to an Elephant Trek and Rafting. To my surprise, there was no separate concierge so, we had to book at the main check-in area. For the first excursion, we chose the elephant/rafting and we booked this fine. I was told that we had to book for Similian the next day since they can only book a day in advance.

I knew a fabulous place in Kalim for dinner and we decided to book and grab a taxi through the hotel to get there. The hotel has a taxi service that they use but it is not owned by the hotel, they have a small desk with a price list next to the check-in area. We went to grab a taxi to head to dinner later that evening and I was floored at the high price, almost 1,000 THB. This was not my first time in Phuket, nor my first time in Thailand and we were being totally overcharged. I went across the street to another taxi area check prices and sure enough it was 400 THB cheaper! Ridiculous! For a hotel to use a taxi service that is completely ripping their guests off, is disgusting and poor service! We got to dinner and tried to put this out of our mind.

The next day, after our fantastic excursion, I went to book Similian and was told it was full. I went back and forth trying to book for other days but there seemed to be serious communication issues since NONE of the hotel staff have a basic understanding of English. This hadn't been an issue since everything had been going fine, but they get flustered when there is an issue that requires more than two words of English to solve.

I asked if they knew of other tour companies that they could call on our behalf. To my dismay, they handed me a pile of pamphlets and said I could go across the street and try to find something. This got me and my friend pretty upset considering we had been told yesterday that we needed to book the day before and now the tour was filled. We eventually decided to just do a snorkel excursion to Racha Yai and Coral Islands. This tour was fantastic, however, I feel the hotel didn't go above and beyond and I was shocked that they didn't know of any other tour companies.

On our last day, a bill was slipped under our room, everything looked fine however, I had gotten an e-mail and text message from my bank stating that they had deducted the room charge from my card. That was fine, however, I was suspicious because at check-in, they informed me they were putting a hold on the amount and would charge me at check-out. Either way, I wanted to avoid being charged twice and I called the front desk to attempt to sort this out. After spending half an hour on the phone with two different people who could barely understand the word 'bill', I was totally fed up. I decided I would just pay it twice and then dispute it when I got home since I was getting absolutely nowhere with the hotel.

The next morning at check-out, we paid (I paid the room charge twice), and I had requested via e-mail prior to my stay round-trip transportation. They informed me that I had not requested this even after I showed them the e-mail proving that I in fact had booked for round-trip. Either way, there was a driver who took us to the airport via the taxi service they use.

Upon arriving at the airport, I paid the driver, and he helped unload our bags and we went inside to check-in. I realised, after I went inside, that I left my cell phone in the car. I thought this was odd since the driver did a check of the backseat and didn't alert me of anything. I was already upset about how the hotel handled our bill and about the taxi situation. My friend called the hotel who called the driver to return and bring my phone back. I waited outside and all of a sudden he appeared and told me and handed me my phone. Though I did get my phone back, the entire exchange left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I would go back to the Radisson because of the gorgeous rooms, beautiful location, pristine grounds and pools, and great food, however I can't get over how incredibly poor the service is. I was utterly appalled. I have traveled throughout Asia and I have never had such communication issues. I will be going to the JW Marriott next time and will not be recommending this hotel to any more of my expat friends here. Very bad service.

Room Tip: The pool access rooms were very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
25 mi away
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel

Been to Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!