We picked Radisson Blu based on the pictures of its pool (we weren't disappointed!) and paid for a sea-facing room with breakfast included, and were pleasantly surprised by an upgrade to a very spacious pool villa! We were worried at first that the weather (early May) wouldn't hold up, but it only drizzled once when we were there and poured one night when we were sleeping - making it perfect for lounging by the pool on most days and kayaking (free) around the bay. The hotel itself was standard 4 star quality, I felt it could do with a bit of renovation. Our villa was HUGE and had a small pool and patio and a large in-door bathtub on top of the separate indoor shower, and outdoor shower. Our room had a DVD player and you can loan DVDs for free from the reception. Breakfast was standard as well, but the fresh coconuts were a nice touch. The beach was in a bay so there isn't much circulation of the water so if you pick it for the beach, you'll be disappointed (best to take a day trip out to bamboo island!). Cape Panwa is also a bit of a distance from Phuket town (30 mins; there's a free shuttle that leaves twice a day), and the airport (45 mins), and there weren't a lot of restaurants around to choose from although we tried Sawasdee and Laem Panwa restaurant once each and they both served authentic Thai food at an affordable price. Staff at the hotel were accommodating but didn't really go out of the way like some higher end hotels (so i guess you get what you paid for), although the pool boy did help us to lay our towels when we were at the pool. Overall Cape Panwa is perfect if you wish to get away from the madding crowd, and Rad Blu is great if you don't wish to stay budget or pay USD$300/night at a boutique hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort features 211 guest accommodations in contemporary Thai decor including spacious pool villas, three free-form swimming pools, a children’s pool with waterslide, a well-being spa, fitness center, complimentary non-motorized water sports, and free wireless access throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Hotel Cape Panwa
- Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort Cape Panwa